Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    sweetness78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Been working out n dieting like a champ and still not lean

I need some expert advice here. I'm 38 and 112 lbs around 20-22% body fat. I've been following a plan of 2 a days for 4-5 days a week which changes monthly. Also on a low carb high protein diet that changes every couple weeks. All this for 4.5 months with an occasional 1 meal cheat once a month or so.
    I got great results in the first 2 months (when consuming more calories) now for 2.5 months the fat won't budge on approx 1500 Cals 80-100gs of carbs. I drink 4 litres of water a day, no dairy or sugar not even fruit.

What am I doing wrong?????
    I'm about to give up on my 6pack quest

unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Then workout and diet harder!!!! Lol jk but on a serious note if you aren't losing then you are eating too much and aren't in a deficit. Are you certain you are logging/tracking your caloric intake properly?
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How tall are you? Unless you're super short, if you're 112lbs and not shredded, you probably are lacking a muscle base. It may just be that you have to go back and put on muscle, then cut again later once you have a better base. I know that gaining weight seems counterintuitive right now, but this is one of those cases where you may have to take one step away from your goal to be able to take two steps closer later on.
    Olympus Labs

I'm 5'3 so kind of short 😉

unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unplugged is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    How tall are you? Unless you're super short, if you're 112lbs and not shredded, you probably are lacking a muscle base. It may just be that you have to go back and put on muscle, then cut again later once you have a better base. I know that gaining weight seems counterintuitive right now, but this is one of those cases where you may have to take one step away from your goal to be able to take two steps closer later on.
    This x100 and I should have mentioned this before as most women I find that think they need to lean out actually would look better improving their lbm. I didn't read the stats closely I just went by your avi and assumed you had a good base as your arm looks very big there!

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Thought I replied but it's not showing up. I weigh all my food out so it's prettt exact and my workouts I do mostly supersets n tri sets with a specific tempo. I do steady state for 40 min which is so boring maybe HIIT for a shorter time?

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sweetness78 View Post
    I'm 5'3 so kind of short
    Taller than I am. At 5'3, I'd still go with the "needs more muscle base" answer.
    Olympus Labs

I thought I had a good base but it seems I'm just mostly soft I guess. The fat doesn't even want to come off now either. Is there anyway I can just get the fat off then build more muscle?

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sweetness78 View Post
    I thought I had a good base but it seems I'm just mostly soft I guess. The fat doesn't even want to come off now either. Is there anyway I can just get the fat off then build more muscle?
    how much are you looking to lose? you could add a fat burner product like nutrabolics thermal xtc
    Nutrabolics forum rep

www.nutrabolics.com
    Nutrabolics BB.com Store - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/nutra.htm
    Weekly #Nutrabolics GIVEAWAY- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172466733&page=1
    NUTRABOLICS AGGRO/HORMONE AMPLIFIER NOW IN STOCK!!
    ALL NUTRABOLICS sups 20% off !!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urg862 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may have started off too drastically.. 2-a-days for 4-5x out of the week is a lot. Then add the fact that you're staying away from fruit and dairy. And add that you're on a "low carb, high protein" diet (which may be unnecessary).

Could you potentially lose more fat/weight? Yes, but you may not be happy with the results if you just look like a smaller version of what you do now which you termed "soft". Maybe potentially look into a reverse diet or focus on bulding muscle (and then lean out).
    NEOGENIX - Performance Nutrition Forum Representative

Want Samples of Velocity ULTRA? Send any of our reps a PM with your address!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for exclusive sales, promotions, and other great offers:

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/neogenix/107606589275077
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/neogenix_direct
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/neogenix

Originally Posted by urg862 View Post
    You may have started off too drastically.. 2-a-days for 4-5x out of the week is a lot. Then add the fact that you're staying away from fruit and dairy. And add that you're on a "low carb, high protein" diet (which may be unnecessary).

Could you potentially lose more fat/weight? Yes, but you may not be happy with the results if you just look like a smaller version of what you do now which you termed "soft". Maybe potentially look into a reverse diet or focus on bulding muscle (and then lean out).
    Just saw this thanks for pointing that out Urg. If you are working out twice a day 4-5x a week then your program is terrible and you aren't working hard enough in the gym as there is no way on earth you'd be able to recover properly doing that especially while in a deficit and hell even a surplus. That is far too much. I am still in agreement with Maxima, after seeing the pics on your profile, that you need a lot more muscle before attempting a serious cut. The reason why you appear "soft" and don't have the look you want is not an over abundance of body fat but rather a lack of muscle. in the end it's your body and you choose to do as you wish but you would do well to take our advice as trying to cut further will just get you no where and set you back.
    Last edited by unplugged; 05-18-2017 at 10:14 PM.

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urg862 View Post

I'd agree here. It may be more worth it (in the LONG RUN) to add some muscle mass now, focus on that, and then down the line, cut back on the fat and lean out.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 450 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000) alphafreak is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP I will tell you exactly whats wrong, your body has gone into starvation mode, you are on 1500 calories and working out twice daily, you are over training and your body thinks that its starving so its holding on to the fat to protect you, first reduce your training to once daily and do a refeed which is increasing your calories for a few days to reset your metabolism, also I would advice you to get off the low carb diet and try a keto diet once your brain switch into keto you will feel great and you wont have the low energy feeling from low carbs.

All really good input. I wanted to shred for the summer that's why I'm hesitant to go back and gain. No issue with what the scale says just what I'm turning out from all this hard work.
    I'm no stranger to lifting, prior to this I lifted a lot heavier but I also didn't really do cardio and ate like a teenage boy lol.
    My steady state fasted cardio is a chore so must not be burning enough. Now when I say 2x a day that's fasted cardio in the am then lifting with some HIIT in the evening. So maybe that's not 2 a days to some. Total workout time 1hr:45min. I go hard at the weights cause I love it.
    So maybe that Clarifies some stuff there
    I did try Keto and hated it, I couldn't get used to it and was crazy tired even during workouts
    Thank u guys for the input, keep it coming cause I want some serious gains and I'm worried it's just cause I'm older lol