frankyryan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

new to this not sure im in the right place to post

hi my name is frank im 28 last year i decided i needed to do something with my body i was weak and skinny
    im 5/8 and weighed 138lbs my max bench was 30kg x3 and i could curl 10kg just about

so i started my eating right less fat more calories (3000+)/protein (200g+)

and due to kids/work and my one child is disabled i opted for a split chest/tries , back/arms, shoulders/legs

all ive done is keep between the 8-10 rep i really want to bulk up

after a year of this i now weigh 165lbs my max bench is 70kg x8 and curl 40kg x8

i cant afford a gym i barely get by with the supplements as it only me and the kids

i have a standard bench, bar,dumbells home type

is there anything someone could recommend i do more of to progress or changing something as im not seeing so much results anymore

i am a hard gainer and am new to this site so i apologise if im in the wrong place

thanks guys

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could do a program like All Pros (in the sticky threads) as this only needs a barbell.

Note that nutrition is not about reducing fat - fat is not the enemy. In fact it's essential to health. It's about a small but consistent surplus and getting enough protein. You can get most of your protein from wholefoods but it actually works out cheaper to use whey once or twice a day.

Eat 4 times a day - breakfast, lunch, dinner and pre-bed. Each time ensure you get at least 30g of protein (you can check how many calories and protein grams stuff has by reading food labels or using myfitnesspal)

If you don't gain around 2-3lbs a month, increase your calorie intake by 200 cals and keep going.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You've made better progress than a lot of guys, so you've got that. ;-) What supplements are you taking?

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    You've made better progress than a lot of guys, so you've got that. ;-) What supplements are you taking?
    thanks guys
    im using hectic sports mass gainer which is 1000 calories and 50g protein per pot once a day
    10g of creatine mono 5g am 5g pm
    2:1:1 bcaa
    zma before bed

if you have any ideas of other stuff i could take to help i would greatly appreciate it

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't buy the bcaa and zma again, they don't do anything.

It's better to buy whey rather than mass gainer. Mass gainer is just whey with some cheap carb thrown in - you have more control over your diet if you have whey on its own. You can always add 'normal' foods to increase the calorie count if needed - i.e. tasty things like bread, rice, oats, potatoes etc.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

It's better to buy whey rather than mass gainer. Mass gainer is just whey with some cheap carb thrown in - you have more control over your diet if you have whey on its own. You can always add 'normal' foods to increase the calorie count if needed - i.e. tasty things like bread, rice, oats, potatoes etc.
    This ^^^. OP, Suffolk's response is why I asked the question. I didn't want you to waste money on "supps" that were doing nothing for you.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuffolkPunch again.)

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

thanks for the heads up whats the best whey about but not a killer on the wallet the stuff i was using was £30 for 4kg

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    This ^^^. OP, Suffolk's response is why I asked the question. I didn't want you to waste money on "supps" that were doing nothing for you.

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SuffolkPunch again.)
    i see what you mean so ill be better off making my own gainer then

sorry still getting used to these rep power points

Originally Posted by frankyryan View Post
    thanks for the heads up whats the best whey about but not a killer on the wallet the stuff i was using was £30 for 4kg
    It will be a little more for pure whey but obviously you're getting more protein and less cheap filler.

I've used Bulkpowders, Myprotein and Nutrisport 90+ in the past

thanks guys big help i will try All Pros workout re-adjust my meal plans and forget the mass gainer and zma/bcaa

been looking and found matrix 100 whey protein for almost the same price as im paying so will give it ago

weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weightpile is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by frankyryan View Post
    thanks guys big help i will try All Pros workout re-adjust my meal plans and forget the mass gainer and zma/bcaa

been looking and found matrix 100 whey protein for almost the same price as im paying so will give it ago
    Protein shake before workout, aminos afterwards, at the minimum depending on finances. Eat, eat, eat, raisin a family takes precedece. Be patient and stay with the routine and it'll come together.
    1st: chest
    2nd: deltoids
    3rd: off
    4th: triceps/biceps
    5th: legs, lats/back
    6th: off
    7th: fun day
    Last edited by weightpile; 05-19-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by weightpile View Post
    Protein shake before workout, aminos afterwards, at the minimum depending on finances. Eat, eat, eat, raisin a family takes precedece. Be patient and stay with the routine and it'll come together.
    1st: chest
    2nd: deltoids
    3rd: off
    4th: triceps/biceps
    5th: legs, lats/back
    6th: off
    7th: fun day

thanks thats baically my routine now
    sunday chest am / tri's pm
    monday rest
    tues back bie's
    wed rest
    thurs shoulders
    friday legs
    sat total rest

i give my shoulders a day as they are my weak point after a dislocation ,also my rest days still has the push ups, pull ups, sit ups, am/pm except sat