JakeBSc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What does an intermediate male lifter's body look like?

I've just started lifting and my goal is to reach an intermediate level. I read that to be an intermediate lifter, you should be able to bench press 1xBW for 10 reps and squat 1.5xBW for 10 reps. What does someone's physique typically look like after achieving this, at a 10-15% body fat level?

broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JakeBSc View Post
    I've just started lifting and my goal is to reach an intermediate level. I read that to be an intermediate lifter, you should be able to bench press 1xBW for 10 reps and squat 1.5xBW for 10 reps. What does someone's physique typically look like after achieving this, at a 10-15% body fat level?
    look at my recent pics i was about 15% at the end of the first 3 months of my cut, i been working out serious for about 8 months now
    yo bros its broceadin of the brocean up in this thread.

GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Intermediate ... there's many interpretations of that word. Just stick to yourself and focus on bettering yourself. It doesn't matter about the numbers. If you keep at it before you know it you'll be past them and lose motivation. Keep it about the iron and bettering yourself.

WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000) WitYoChestBoa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GreekGod69 View Post
    Intermediate ... there's many interpretations of that word. Just stick to yourself and focus on bettering yourself. It doesn't matter about the numbers. If you keep at it before you know it you'll be past them and lose motivation. Keep it about the iron and bettering yourself.
    Don't think there is anything wrong with seeing a little glimpse of what OP could look like as a use of motivation.

I've been working out for around two years and my current picture is me currently op at around 12 percent.
    B:275lb
    S:340lb
    D:lol

Current misc wife: makadelic

GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WitYoChestBoa View Post
    Don't think there is anything wrong with seeing a little glimpse of what OP could look like as a use of motivation.

I've been working out for around two years and my current picture is me currently op at around 12 percent.
    Mirin the physique. No homo. Srs.
    What are your stats? Height? Weight?
    Squat , deadlift , bench, OHP ?

GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GCatamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I can't lift that much so not me lol

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is no such thing as levels in this sport. I seen dudes get swole with 20 lbs dumbbells. I seen very slender dudes pulling 550 on deadlift and even benching more than two and a half times their body weight for reps. Of course, all these things are an achievement. But everyone gets different results from them.
    So you're on the internet for good advice, here's some good advice: have a good laugh once in a while. And never tear your bicep!

628 / 661 LBS DL
    529 / 600 LBS SQ
    242 / 300 LBS BP

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    "Intermediate" is less about appearance or strength levels and more about how your body is adapting to training. As a beginner, you may be adding full-body strength after every workout, or maybe every week. Advanced trainees may be struggling for weeks or months to improve a single body part, or perhaps just working to fine tune weight or bodyfat in preparation for a competition. Intermediate is, or course, in between. Your progress is slower than that of a beginner, you have a good strength foundation already developed, but you're still developing a full-body strength and size, maybe requiring a week or two to see any progress from your last gains.

As an intermediate, you have a better idea about how you respond and what works for you than you did as a beginner, but you also understand you still have a lot to learn.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Jcoron39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    "Intermediate" is less about appearance or strength levels and more about how your body is adapting to training. As a beginner, you may be adding full-body strength after every workout, or maybe every week. Advanced trainees may be struggling for weeks or months to improve a single body part, or perhaps just working to fine tune weight or bodyfat in preparation for a competition. Intermediate is, or course, in between. Your progress is slower than that of a beginner, you have a good strength foundation already developed, but you're still developing a full-body strength and size, maybe requiring a week or two to see any progress from your last gains.

As an intermediate, you have a better idea about how you respond and what works for you than you did as a beginner, but you also understand you still have a lot to learn.
    hihihi

Jcoron39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post

yo
    Im just trying to see my. posts here

yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10) yaxomoxay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WitYoChestBoa View Post

How do you measure Body Fat and Lean mass?

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think it's possible to define what an "intermediate" lifter looks like, because we're all different and all respond differently.

Similar to what someone mentioned above, I've seen advanced lifters doing huge weights but built like weed. Then there are people who look like an "intermediate" lifter after just 6 months.

I've found that setting goals in relation to my weight and how much I can lift is better than setting a goal as to how I want to look. The reason being is because changes to your appearance tend to be slow, more difficult to measure when you see yourself every day, and you also have less fine grain control over it.