Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by russellmcg View Post
    ......find the best one.
    The best one is the one you're currently using and that is producing some gains.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fedewab2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Firstly, good job decreasing your BF%. 218lb to 150lb is impressive.

Concerning squats, I am not advocating them if it would be inappropriate for you. However, I wonder if the problems you experienced are the result of correctable weakness, poor flexibility/mobility, and/or improper form. If something correctable through training is the problem, and your replacement movements do not address it, the problem(s) will persist. Can you elaborate on your “back issues”?

russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fedewab2 View Post
    Firstly, good job decreasing your BF%. 218lb to 150lb is impressive.

Concerning squats, I am not advocating them if it would be inappropriate for you. However, I wonder if the problems you experienced are the result of correctable weakness, poor flexibility/mobility, and/or improper form. If something correctable through training is the problem, and your replacement movements do not address it, the problem(s) will persist. Can you elaborate on your “back issues”?
    That's a good question. I have had lower back pain down to sciatic nerve ever since I was in college. I was a big runner for a while, marathon style running, and sure that didn't really help out. I have never gone to the doctor to get it looked at outside of just getting muscle relaxers when it flairs up. I know, not the best thing to do and I really should go get it examined. I have started doing yoga at night before bed and working on trying to get more flexible to see if it will help over time.

I tweaked it a few months back while doing hack squats and just decided it best to take it off the exercise list for a while. When I did this, I heard a noticeable pop and it was tender/hurt for a few weeks. The goal with yoga is that I will strengthen/stretch it out a bit and maybe be able to go back to squats over time. As of now though, I think it's best for me not to mess with them as if I do hurt it, it could put me out for a good bit.

Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    'nother 38-year-old checking in. My whole adult life I've been on a cycle of "lift for 2 months, don't lift for 2+ years" ... finally got a string of 4 months or so together, and so hoping to keep the streak going. Glad to see you on this journey as well -- keep up the progress my dude!

russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) russellmcg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same to you. You might want to start a journal since you are off and on again. That seems to have helped a few people on here keep up with going to the gym. I started one and I know it helps me.

loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great job so far. Impressive weight loss and I think the strength training is making a difference.

I'm with Grubman, stick with the program for a while and see where it takes you. A lot of this is trial and error, you've figured out the weight loss bit, now you just need to find what works for putting on some lean weight. I know I'm pretty damn sick of my routine after six months, but I still feel like I can milk it a little longer. Don't be afraid to make little tweaks or additions here and there - experiment a little - but don't abandon the entire premise until you've given it a fair go.

Great idea posting the progress shots, keep at it!

Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000) Peppesbodega is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by russellmcg View Post
    That's a good question. I have had lower back pain down to sciatic nerve ever since I was in college. I was a big runner for a while, marathon style running, and sure that didn't really help out. I have never gone to the doctor to get it looked at outside of just getting muscle relaxers when it flairs up. I know, not the best thing to do and I really should go get it examined. I have started doing yoga at night before bed and working on trying to get more flexible to see if it will help over time.

I tweaked it a few months back while doing hack squats and just decided it best to take it off the exercise list for a while. When I did this, I heard a noticeable pop and it was tender/hurt for a few weeks. The goal with yoga is that I will strengthen/stretch it out a bit and maybe be able to go back to squats over time. As of now though, I think it's best for me not to mess with them as if I do hurt it, it could put me out for a good bit.
    Have You heard of mckenzie exercises?
    That has saved me in recovering from a bad ruptured disc.

Originally Posted by Peppesbodega View Post
    Have You heard of mckenzie exercises?
    That has saved me in recovering from a bad ruptured disc.
    Crazy you said this. I literally just heard about this from someone I know yesterday. I am going to look into this and see if it helps.