urbanejohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal Training Issue

I have been boxercising for a while( 8 Months ) with the same coach, paying about 200£ for 10 sessions. I had some work related commitments which made me drift off from training, however I did intimate him regarding the same. There was clearly a miss communication, to me stating that :

2nd April :
    X:hope your okay pal. When would you like to resume with your sessions, as the idea of bulk booking for the discounted rate is that there taken in a certain time frame as in over a 10week period. If you could get in touch when you know what's what. Thanks

Me: Sorry I forgot to mention. I am tied up with stuff at work. I'm afraid I can only resume sessions after the 9th of May. I'm resuming my job back at the hospital this week. My rota is quiet tight at the minute + there r stuff tht I need to do. So I have put training/fitness at the back seat now.

X: Get intouch with me when your ready and we'll see what's still remaining.

AT THIS POINT I WAS UNDER THE PRESUMPTION THAT WE WERE GOING TO PICK UP WHERE WE LEFT OFF.

At this time I was presuming that v would catch up on the remaining 17 sessions and get back with training. And to my surprise this comes in,

X: I can book you in but please beaware that your sessions have expired. The whole idea of block booking for the discounted rate is that the sessions are used up in a 10week period as in at least one a week, for your own reasons you haven't taken them since the end of February. Because you've been a regular client in the past as a good will gesture I'm still going to honour 4sessions, which is 2-4weeks training. I'll get back to you within the next few days to confirm your slots.

Me: I thought v discussed this the last time.And v were going to resume training after the 9th of May. I don't think taking away 13 sessions out of 17 is anyway reasonable. Considering the fact tht u r intimating me once my circumstances have changed. It is in my good will I decided to keep paying u in advance for extra 10 sessions even before the current ones stand.

X: you can't expect me to train you 17 times months after you took out the sessions the sessions have been there for you to take in the 10week period. I'm running a business if you were take out a months gym membership and then not use it for a month you wouldn't expect them to carry it forward a couple of months on for you, these are the same principles where ever you will go. And the only reason we spoke last month was because I approached you trying to make you aware of this. You informed you'd be wanting to continue May the 9th to which I told you to get intouch and we'll see what's remaining. I'm going to give you 7 from the 17 which is something I don't have to do. I think that's more then fair and if you don't your welcome to finish the 7 and go elsewhere. It's not what I want but it is what it is.

Me: From what u told me, I thought v were going to pick up from what's remaining which is 17 sessions. I would have simply asked u to refund 205£ for the block booking. And would have managed to fit those remaining 7 sessions around my schedule. U should understand that u r ripping me off for over 205£. I have been a regular client for quiet sometime. I expect a certain trust, considering there is so much of money involved. I have no reasons to make such amounts of transfer in advance, if there were such clauses in ur training. Nor do I have plenty of money at my disposal. To be fair it's come as a shock to me. The only reason I make these transfers in advance is to keep this partnership going. I understand u r running a business. Lemme know what the difference in amount is. I could pay it up, and try finish off these 17 sessions. I take block bookings only because of value for money. Doesn't look like it's worked out in this case.

X: I don't appreciate these messages your sending me I don't have to give you any as they've expired I'm choosing to give you 7 for the reason you've been a regular client in the past. Yes but when people take block booking out the sessions are taken over 10weeks giving them the value for money. I'd take the weekend to think about what your saying because I've done nothing wrong and ripping people off is not what I'm about I'm simply trying to run a business.

Me: I'm not trying to offend u here. But even at gyms, there r ways to freeze memberships. And this is what I have done at the other place I'm hitting. V r talking about a reasonable amount of money here. If it's possible, I could pay the difference for those remaining 10 sessions, as individual sessions. That ways even I don't feel I'm losing out on the money I paid.

** Considering the money spent, I appreciate a 2nd opinion. ***