Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Circuit after work of:

3 sets of 15 push ups
    3 sets of 1 minute planks
    3 sets of 15 reps - bicep curls - 15 lb db
    3 sets of 15 reps - squats - 100 lbs
    3 sets of 15 reps each leg lifts standing - using bands
    *the circuit was done alternating all of these exercises

3 mile run - sprint intervals

Had a vegan protein smoothie afterwards, with organic kale. Perfect ending after a pretty good workout.
    Nice session Sharon! How do you set up your sprint intervals? It's been a while, but I used to to 20/60. 20 sec. sprint, 60 walk/jog.
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Nice session Sharon! How do you set up your sprint intervals? It's been a while, but I used to to 20/60. 20 sec. sprint, 60 walk/jog.
    Hey John - I usually warm up with stretching, 5 minutes of walking, and then go into my run, steady state for like ten minutes, then 30-40 second sprints. I'll do that combination for 3-4 mile runs, usually. There are days, when I do only sprints, and the rest is walking after a hard sprint, like giving it all you have kind of sprint.

It's fun to break up the run routine that way.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No workout today, the work day went on longer than anticipated, but in a good way. I received some good news from a prospect, so was happy about that. I will use today as a rest day, and resume my workout routine tomorrow.

Happy Friday-eve, we're almost there!

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey John - I usually warm up with stretching, 5 minutes of walking, and then go into my run, steady state for like ten minutes, then 30-40 second sprints. I'll do that combination for 3-4 mile runs, usually. There are days, when I do only sprints, and the rest is walking after a hard sprint, like giving it all you have kind of sprint.

It's fun to break up the run routine that way.
    No workout today, the work day went on longer than anticipated, but in a good way. I received some good news from a prospect, so was happy about that. I will use today as a rest day, and resume my workout routine tomorrow.

Happy Friday-eve, we're almost there!
    Awesome! Great to hear about the prospect too!
    Workout Log:

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very good work in here, as always.
    Lots of running.
    I wish my left knee weren’t so moody ... biking/spinning is alright, running not so much

happy friday

Awesome! Great to hear about the prospect too!
    Thanks John!

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Very good work in here, as always.
    Lots of running.
    I wish my left knee weren’t so moody ... biking/spinning is alright, running not so much

happy friday
    Thank you NCNS! I'm rethinking weight lifting in terms of bench, deadlifts, and squats. I really like circuits (higher reps, bodyweight exercises, lighter weight), and I've decided to let go of some of the traditional lifts for a few months, so I can work on my running pace. There's only 24 hours in a day, right? lol

Hope you are doing well! I saw you have a new supp journal, I'll have to begin lurking.

Chargers & Lakers Nation! New Evolution's Avatar
    New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Happy Friday WEG!! <3
    If motivation comes in a liquid form, it would be dripping off my fingers tips.

They Mad I am Asian and Not Juicing Crew.

Originally Posted by New Evolution View Post
    Happy Friday WEG!! <3
    Hello Evo! <3 Same back!

After work, went for 3.5 mile run. It was terrrrrible. Ugh, just not feeling it today. Like I pushed, but just wasn't feeling very strong today. But, afterwards, did a 20 minute circuit of:

2 sets of 15 push ups
    3 sets of 15 reps bicep curls
    3 sets jumping jacks (20's)
    3 sets of 15 burpees

It was tough to get it done in 20 minutes, but that's the idea.

So, a confession. I think I'm addicted to Red Bull. I have one every day at around 3-ish in the afternoon, and today, I didn't have one, and had a SPLITTING headache. Can it be that my body's addicted to this one little RB in the afternoon? I think it's why my run sucked, too. That's it, I'm blaming my failures on lack of Red Bull, from now on!

Happy Friday to all! I'm so happy the weekend is here. Enjoy it, whatever you choose to do!

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hope you are doing well! I saw you have a new supp journal, I'll have to begin lurking.
    Doing great.
    LOL ... I was logging a bb.com Signature super-stack throughout the month of February, but that is almost over

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5339831&page=1

When I am done with that log, I may return to my regular log or maybe take a bit of a break from logging.

Chargers & Lakers Nation! New Evolution's Avatar
    New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) New Evolution has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hello Evo! <3 Same back!

After work, went for 3.5 mile run. It was terrrrrible. Ugh, just not feeling it today. Like I pushed, but just wasn't feeling very strong today. But, afterwards, did a 20 minute circuit of:

2 sets of 15 push ups
    3 sets of 15 reps bicep curls
    3 sets jumping jacks (20's)
    3 sets of 15 burpees

It was tough to get it done in 20 minutes, but that's the idea.

So, a confession. I think I'm addicted to Red Bull. I have one every day at around 3-ish in the afternoon, and today, I didn't have one, and had a SPLITTING headache. Can it be that my body's addicted to this one little RB in the afternoon? I think it's why my run sucked, too. That's it, I'm blaming my failures on lack of Red Bull, from now on!

Happy Friday to all! I'm so happy the weekend is here. Enjoy it, whatever you choose to do!
    Kudos for pushing through it and getting it down. We all have those days and I have plenty of them. LOL But the good thing is you still did something better than not thing.

As for your headache, I would say is the redbull. The day that I don't consume coffee, I get the same thing by the afternoon. It is the caffeine that is causing it.

Do you drink coffee too or just straight RB only?
    If motivation comes in a liquid form, it would be dripping off my fingers tips.

They Mad I am Asian and Not Juicing Crew.

Doing great.
    LOL ... I was logging a bb.com Signature super-stack throughout the month of February, but that is almost over

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...5339831&page=1

When I am done with that log, I may return to my regular log or maybe take a bit of a break from logging.
    A super stack. I'll have to check that out. I don't really take supps too often anymore, I found a new superfood product for my after workout smoothies and love it. I tend to derive my protein from whole foods now as much as possible, but having some supps around can be handy. Taking breaks is good sometimes, I do that too.

Originally Posted by New Evolution View Post
    Kudos for pushing through it and getting it down. We all have those days and I have plenty of them. LOL But the good thing is you still did something better than not thing.

As for your headache, I would say is the redbull. The day that I don't consume coffee, I get the same thing by the afternoon. It is the caffeine that is causing it.

Do you drink coffee too or just straight RB only?
    I drink one cup of coffee before noon and none after that. I don't drink anything other than water most of the time, but a cup of coffee in the morning is comforting or something. RB has other ingredients that give you that alert/focused feeling too, not just caffeine, so maybe that's what my body is missing?

Today was a good workout day. My headache is subsiding, not giving in to the RB craving!

Circuit:

3 sets of 15 reps - pendlay rows - two 20 lb db's
    3 sets of goblet squats using 25 lb db
    3 sets of 15 reps - push ups
    3 sets of OH shoulder raises - using two 15 lb db's
    3 sets of leg lateral raises, with bands - 15 reps each leg
    *all this done in a circuit alternating exercises

Ran before that circuit - 3 miles, steady state pace, untimed today.

A super stack. I'll have to check that out. I don't really take supps too often anymore, I found a new superfood product for my after workout smoothies and love it. I tend to derive my protein from whole foods now as much as possible, but having some supps around can be handy. Taking breaks is good sometimes, I do that too.
    My super-stack log will end on Wednesday. Almost done with it. It was fun, but it’ll be good to take a bit of a break from logging.

Yeah ... getting your protein and etc from food is the absolute best way to go!

About your “superfood” ... is that from NutriBullet? I think I saw something about this when I bought my NB, but I never really looked into it.

My super-stack log will end on Wednesday. Almost done with it. It was fun, but it’ll be good to take a bit of a break from logging.

Yeah ... getting your protein and etc from food is the absolute best way to go!

About your “superfood” ... is that from NutriBullet? I think I saw something about this when I bought my NB, but I never really looked into it.
    It's from Sunfoods, and it's a protein/super food blend. Loooove it!!

It's not just about protein supplementation, I think it's important to focus on the nutritional aspects of supplements, as well. (my personal view)

Today, a run with 20 minutes of yoga following:

Run:
    Distance: 4.02 miles
    Time: 37:10 minutes

Hot day out, but low humidity which made for great running weather.

Thought for the day: Try not to get caught up in ''group think.'' Think for yourself, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. Within reason.

Had a great workout today! Very happy with it.

4 mile run followed by:

3 sets of 15 bicep curls - 15 lb db's
    3 sets of bw jumping squats
    3 sets of goblet squats - 20 lb db
    3 sets of leg raises/lateral (bands)
    3 sets of hammer curls - 12 lb db's

15 minutes of stretching after, and that's all she wrote.

Speaking of writing, I'm still waiiiiittttiiiinnnggg. I'm doing more waiting than writing

Have a good night!

Yesterday was a recovery day for workouts, and semi-cheat meal. I opted for wine and some dessert after dinner.

An update, I canceled my gym membership today. Yep, I've bought free weights (last year, and added more) and a bench, and plan to create my own free weight sessions. I also have a sandbag that goes up to 90 lbs (I could use that for lighter deadlifting) and continue with circuit/boot camp classes and running. I'm just not using the gym as often as it warrants paying for it, and I'm not into heavy lifting with all the running I'm doing, now. So, I'm good with this decision, although it wasn't easy making that call this morning.

Today's workout:

RUN:
    4 miles, untimed - I kept it slow and steady

After:
    30 minutes of circuit lifting at home:

4 sets of bicep curls (15 reps, 15 lb db's)
    4 sets of pendlay rows (15 reps, 20 lb db's)
    3 sets of ab crunches (25 reps each set)
    3 sets of push ups (15 each set)
    3 sets of OH shoulder raises (15 reps, 30 lbs total)

15 minutes of stretching following

I want these
    https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/prod...bid=1074224585

I've been liking the new workouts I've set up at home with free weights I've bought and the bench. I've been running, and basically doing circuits with those lifting sessions. I don't do deadlifts too often anymore but I can do lighter ones with the bar for the bench, and some light plates.

I've been having a good week, and plan to make an eggplant lasagna tonight, sans the pasta. A low carb version

Happy Friday, to all!

I've been liking the new workouts I've set up at home with free weights I've bought and the bench. I've been running, and basically doing circuits with those lifting sessions. I don't do deadlifts too often anymore but I can do lighter ones with the bar for the bench, and some light plates.

I've been having a good week, and plan to make an eggplant lasagna tonight, sans the pasta. A low carb version

Happy Friday, to all!
    Great stuff Sharon! Health, energy & happiness!
    Workout Log:

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice!
    So eggplant lasagna without noodles is what ... eggplant parmigiana?
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

Great stuff Sharon! Health, energy & happiness!
    Thanks John!!

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Nice!
    So eggplant lasagna without noodles is what ... eggplant parmigiana?
    lol! Well, I didn't fry the eggplant, smartie pants!

I actually ended up making it differently, sauteeing the eggplant with olive oil and salt/pepper, and then just adding some crushed tomatoes, skim ricotta and mozz cheese, and baking it. I cut the eggplant into little cubes, and it was delicious!

Yesterday, 4 mile run and afterwards, goblet squats, bicep curls, pendlay rows, jumping jacks and push ups, done in a circuit. I try to do 4 rounds in 20 - 25 minutes, to keep it like the bootcamp I went to last year.

Not sure what to do today, maybe focus on back and legs, and go for a short run. Have a great Sunday!

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fried, sauteed ... "whatever"

Good looking circuit, and great run. I did .6 miles yesterday and had to quit

Fried, sauteed ... "whatever"

Good looking circuit, and great run. I did .6 miles yesterday and had to quit
    lol!

Keep pushing, before you know it, you'll hit 1 mile, no problem.

And... you might just like it.

Hit a mile today, I liked that I did it faster than last time
    I definitely feel like juggernaut from the X-men running on the treadmill tho ...

Hit a mile today, I liked that I did it faster than last time
    I definitely feel like juggernaut from the X-men running on the treadmill tho ...

Niiice! See?? Make pace a goal or mileage. Like increasing mileage each time.

The past two days, I haven't done much else but running. It's been a busy week, with work and writing an essay for another writing contest. I have some poetry ''in progress'' with a publication, and have received a few rejections. Some of the best selling authors out there have been rejected many times, which amazes me. So, I'm in good company, I guess.

Happy Wednesday, all!

Good luck on the writing. Do you think of things to write while you run?

Good luck on the writing. Do you think of things to write while you run?
    Thank you! Sometimes, when I run, ideas come to me. But, mainly during my lunch hour or when I'm driving to work. lol I'm writing an essay now, which is more my style I think, than fiction. Essays are more personal, kind of like a memoir. This one publication that I'm interested in tends to favor essays over fiction stories, so I'll test this out. Hope you're doing well!

Run after work - 4.20 miles - Time: 38:23 minutes

The weather has been up and down, warm and then frigid. I actually like running in warm/humid weather better than cool/cold.

No lifting after. I plan to tomorrow after work, because I get off early, and I can have a longer circuit session.

Quote of the day: ''The only Zen you find at the top of the mountain, is the Zen you bring with you.'' Don't forget, fitness isn't only about our bodies, but also about our minds and souls.

Pretty slow run today, but went 3 miles. Didn't time it because I have a feeling the pace was going to be pushing 10 mm But, we all have days like that.

Had a lifting circuit after:

4 sets of 15 burpees
    4 sets of bicep curls - 15 lb db's
    4 sets of goblet squats - 25 lb db
    4 sets of 15 push ups
    4 sets of 30 leg raises/ab work
    4 sets of power clean using a sand bag (50 lb sand bag)

I like that I can do whatever at home, whereas when I was in the gym, I'd kind of be shy to do certain circuits, because maybe someone was watching or there wasn't enough room, because the side room would get crowded with other people doing yoga and such. So, while I miss the gym on some days, I like that I can put together any type of circuit at home, and not worry about all that.

TGIF!

Five mile "fun" run today followed by circuit of 4 sets of bicep curls, lunges, goblet squats, side kicks, pendlay rows and front lateral raises. 15 reps each set, weight varied from 15 lbs to 25 lbs. Beautiful weather today! Happy St Patty's Day!

Beautiful weather today...here's a few pics from my run:

They're always building so much near me, those townhomes look so nice! And that bird was blocking the sidewalk where I wanted to run. But, he got out of the way, eventually.

Making the most of my home workouts, now.