Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50)

v bar row form NEED HELP ITS BAD

Hey.

My form on the v bar row is well... poor. The first few reps were ok I but afterwards my back started curling and that is clearly not right.
    Currently I don't feel any pain but If I add a bit more weight I'm sure snap city is inbound. got any advice on how to sort it out?

(I think I need to go lower as well as I was really close to hittng somewhere else besides my back....)

Have any cues for me to maintain good form? - plate used was a 25lbs.

ht tps://vimeo.c om/2162 01118

Thanks in advance!

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You don't have to pick the bar up that high off the ground. The higher you start from, the more your upper traps will be engaged. If you're aiming for your mid-lower back, just pick the bar up so that it starts 2-3 inches from the ground. This should also force you to poke your ass out a bit, which will help you start with a neutral lower back.

For form, think "belly down, chest up, head straight". Belly down is a cue to brace your lower back by recruiting your abs - imagine how you would tense your stomach if someone were to try to punch you in the gut. Chest up is a cue to keep your upper back neutral instead of rounding over or going into extension. Head straight is a cue to keep your spine neutral, and also minimizes the chance of accidentally recruiting the upper traps.

** This may not work well for you, but it works great for me.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The T bar row is a hard one to get a good feel on the area your trying to target.
    If your using a V handle it's better for the low lat area.
    Trying to go high to lower chest with having a close grip recruits a lot bicep when pulling.
    I always try to wear straps to take as much arm out of the movement as possible.
    You can do them strict as shown on the video or loose like Arnold in "pumping iron"using the the low back to create some momentum that works the low lat and lumbars in the same movement.
    Those area tie in together well for a bodybuilder when doing them this way.
    I don't think the strict method is going to bring you tremendous size but maybe some good detail on the lats.
    I would if your gym has one use a chest supported row bench for the same movement.
    That way it takes most of the low back(lumbars)out of it and you can focus on the lats better.
    If all you have is a bar in the corner you may want to try using a towel instead of the v-handle wrapped around your hands.
    There's a little more freedom of movement and you may be able to get a better feel on the pull.
    I would also wear a belt to take the low back out of the movement if and keep it in a safer position.

Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50) Westford will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IThanks for the advice man will definitely use your advice. I think the cues will really help.
    Last edited by Westford; 05-05-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Sadly I go to really cheap gym which doesn't have the chest supported version or a seated cable row so for me it's sadly this or nothing (besides one armed db row ofc).

Even though the main goal is for upper /mid back I remember barely feeling it in the mid portion of my back.

Tbh I barely have any lbm on me so even the slightest change would make a huge difference lol.

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    You can do them strict as shown on the video or loose like Arnold in "pumping iron"using the the low back to create some momentum that works the low lat and lumbars in the same movement.
    I don't think the strict method is going to bring you tremendous size but maybe some good detail on the lats.
    This is good to know, thanks. I'm going to try them loose to see if I can get my lower lats to grow a little more. Will rep on recharge.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    The T bar row is a hard one to get a good feel on the area your trying to target.
    If your using a V handle it's better for the low lat area.
    Trying to go high to lower chest with having a close grip recruits a lot bicep when pulling.
    I always try to wear straps to take as much arm out of the movement as possible.
    I would if your gym has one use a chest supported row bench for the same movement.
    That way it takes most of the low back(lumbars)out of it and you can focus on the lats better.
    If all you have is a bar in the corner you may want to try using a towel instead of the v-handle wrapped around your hands.
    There's a little more freedom of movement and you may be able to get a better feel on the pull.
    I would also wear a belt to take the low back out of the movement if and keep it in a safer position.
    Yeah I'm going to second the chest supported row mentioned here. The one at my gym has you laying down nearly horizontal on a long pad with a plethora of different grips and you can really target different things. Take the horizontal bar with a wide grip and row with the elbows flared out? That'll crush the rear delts and the upper back. Grab the neutral grip low and row to the lower chest/ abdomen with your elbows close to your body and you'll crush the lats.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey