LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Low cal (8kcal) flavoured sparking water with sweeteners

I've been avoiding this kind of thing simply because I figure artificial sweeteners etc. can't be good to consume regularly but sometimes I just really get a craving for a sweet taste. My missus drinks a lot of this flavoured water and I was just wondering what people think?

It's 8kcal, barely anything in it at all, all <0% etc.

Only thing I can't shake is the thought that sweeteners = bad.

Same goes for a can of diet coke. Diet Coke has like 0-2kcal per can and barely any nutrients to concern yourself with, but its sweet tasting. What's peoples thoughts?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    artificial sweeteners are good for the body and anyone who says they are bad is clueless to how studies on humans work over long time, as there WILL BE NONE. its a myth they cause cancer, or autism, or whatever. ignore people who say they are bad.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no problem with artificial sweeteners. I mostly put it in iced tea but diet pop, etc. is fine.

LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeadingMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    artificial sweeteners are good for the body and anyone who says they are bad is clueless to how studies on humans work over long time, as there WILL BE NONE. its a myth they cause cancer, or autism, or whatever. ignore people who say they are bad.
    So they're perfectly fine to have? Does this mean I can have Diet Coke whenever I want? I've always thought they're bad, not as bad as just pure sugar sure, but still not good. If I'm able to have Diet Coke / Sweetened Sparkling Waters all day, every day this is going to change my whole life!

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I have no problem with artificial sweeteners. I mostly put it in iced tea but diet pop, etc. is fine.
    Really? I'm just worried that they have some unknown link to weight gain or some other kinda bad thing. All the time people are saying that they're only good in moderation etc.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LeadingMan View Post
    Really? I'm just worried that they have some unknown link to weight gain or some other kinda bad thing. All the time people are saying that they're only good in moderation etc.
    Nearly any food is fine in moderation. That's nothing to be worried about. If you drink so much diet Coke that you cannot fit in the actual nutrients you need, it's a problem. If not, it's fine.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So they're perfectly fine to have? Does this mean I can have Diet Coke whenever I want? I've always thought they're bad, not as bad as just pure sugar sure, but still not good. If I'm able to have Diet Coke / Sweetened Sparkling Waters all day, every day this is going to change my whole life!

why would you abuse that? just because its fine to have doesnt mean you should only drink that. its 99.99999% water, so you are getting water, but limit yourself or you will go back to 400 lbs again
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adare1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, aside from the fact that there are a lot of random chemicals in soda and artificially sweetened drinks, splenda of which in particular nutritional experts aren't quite sure of the long-term effects of on the human body, it's up to you. Life's short so i say go for it m9.

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    why would you abuse that? just because its fine to have doesnt mean you should only drink that. its 99.99999% water, so you are getting water, but limit yourself or you will go back to 400 lbs again
    I have never been 400lbs in my life haha, nor do I ever plan to be, I'm not sure where you got that number from XD.

As for the Diet Cola abuse, I was kidding around, inflating the change it would make, sparkling water or soda is not going to 'change my life'.

I've just been completely avoiding anything sweetened because I figured it was bad, I'd read that drinks like this can actually make you put on weight because of some change the chemicals made to your body / metabolism despite not containing any calories themselves.

Thanks for all the replies though!

philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was thinking about this today coincidentally.
    I personally don't have any issues with atificial sweeteners, I can live with and without them. If i fancy a "treat" I will have some Pepsi Max, or I'll pop a sweetener or two in my tea/coffee, but other than that, I'm an 8 l of water a day type of guy.

What had me thinking though, was the thought of "are artificial sweeteners bad for you?", "do they cause cancer", "long term effects" etc etc
    My thinking is basically that pretty much everything "causes cancer" nowadays, but only one thing will make you gain fat, and that is excessive calories. Therefore, if I can substitute my sugar-based calories to a sugar-free/calorie-free option, I will do.
    I may get cancer (just as I may by going in the sun, inhaling fumes and road pollution, using a microwave, using mobile phones etc), but I won't put on weight :-)
    "Through Calorie-counting all things are possible" : Phil 19:26

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I drink a few cans of diet soda every single day. The ONLY reason people think it's bad for you is because of some widely discredited journal from the 1990's which people link and regurgitate ad nauseum on social media. It comes down to whether it helps you or not - some people drink something sweet and then seemingly start to crave sweet foods, for me, it helps me stick to my cuts.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4

OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Body Composition and Nutrition are 2 entirely separate things... Diet soda is fine and will not make you fat, HOWEVER drinking a lot of it can play havoc on your teeth.

Originally Posted by OneManMatrix View Post
    Body Composition and Nutrition are 2 entirely separate things... Diet soda is fine and will not make you fat, HOWEVER drinking a lot of it can play havoc on your teeth.
    Considering it has no sugar, what is it that damages teeth? Is it just like, the acids etc. in the cola?

I can pretty much take it or leave it but its good to know that if I DID fancy a diet cola on the weekend I wouldn't be doing myself too much harm. Thanks all.

cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cr4igyj82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I would go insane without diet sodas while cutting!
    Too busy training to justify myself to idiots

Originally Posted by cr4igyj82 View Post
    I think I would go insane without diet sodas while cutting!
    Haha, I'm nearly 3 months in and doing fine without. I have diet Cola if we're at like a BBQ or a party etc. because obviously I wanna enjoy the occasion. Other than that, I keep it clean from them.

Still good to know I can indulge in a diet drink every now and then.

StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000) StrongRightArm is just really nice. (+1000)
    artificial sweeteners is how i lost almost 80 pounds

Originally Posted by StrongRightArm View Post
    artificial sweeteners is how i lost almost 80 pounds
    right on. I'm gunna start including them when I want a treat.

Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have there been many studies on humans with the sweetener? Most I see are on rats.

Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    right on. I'm gunna start including them when I want a treat.
    I think if this, plus your previous few replies is your approach, you will be absolutely fine and don't need to worry as you would be consuming it in moderation!!

Originally Posted by Kreytus View Post
    Have there been many studies on humans with the sweetener? Most I see are on rats.
    You need controlled studies in labs isolating people for their entire lives. Literally.
    If someone gets cancer, they cant just look at the dude and say "oh this is because he had coke zero, duh". The same with dumb vegan activists who try to claim any meat to cancer. It was definitely the meat.