countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I eating enough/correctly?

Hello,

I just started the keto diet and I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. This is what I am eating:

Breakfast:
    4 eggs (hard boiled or fried)

Lunch:
    8oz chicken
    2 fish oil
    Protein shake
    (Chicken is cooked with Coconut oil)

Dinner:
    1/2 avocado (before gym)
    2 fish oil
    1 can tuna
    2tbsp mayonnaise
    Protein shake

From my calculations I'm getting:
    Carbs: 19g
    Fat: 70g
    Protein: 138g
    Calories: ~1258

I feel like this is super low. I need more fats as well. Like 30g more.

I'm shooting for fat 60%, Protein 35%, carb 5%. I'm male and I'm about 265, 5'6". Looking to lose weight but gain muscle. Currently lifting 6 days per week.

Please let me know if there is a way I can increase fat but not carbs.

Thanks!
    Last edited by countysquare; 05-04-2017 at 07:25 AM.

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I prefer fat 70%, protein 25% and carbs 5%. I would add in more greens. And for your weight, that is waaaaaaaaay low in daily calories. Even if you are 30% body fat. JMO.
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them
    Iron fist to claim it all

TexasEric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by countysquare View Post
    Hello,

I just started the keto diet and I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. This is what I am eating:

Breakfast:
    4 eggs (hard boiled or fried)

Lunch:
    8oz chicken
    2 fish oil
    Protein shake
    (Chicken is cooked with Coconut oil)

Dinner:
    1/2 avocado (before gym)
    2 fish oil
    1 can tuna
    2tbsp mayonnaise
    Protein shake

From my calculations I'm getting:
    Carbs: 19g
    Fat: 70g
    Protein: 138g
    Calories: ~1258

I feel like this is super low. I need more fats as well. Like 30g more.

I'm shooting for fat 60%, Protein 35%, carb 5%. I'm about 265, 5'6". Looking to lose weight but gain muscle. Currently lifting 6 days per week.

Please let me know if there is a way I can increase fat but not carbs.

Thanks!
    1st of all are you male or female? I am assuming male? What are your mantaince calorie numbers? As long as your calories are in deficit you should lose weight, especially on a keto diet.

The 1st week I was in ketosis, my maintaince were 2700 calories a day. I am 5'9, was 257 lbs. I was eating about 1200-1300 calories a day. The advice received here was just listen to your body. Don't eat if you are not hungry. After a week my body told me I needed more calories. I started to feel hungry, so I ate more. Now, I am up to 2100-2300 calories a day.

Adding fat is easy. Honestly, I just started taking a tablespoon or two of oil with my meals, coconut oil, fish oils, and olive oil. These are some of the most health fats you can put in your body. Also, I will drink at lest a couple cups of unsweetened coconut milk daily.

By the way, I have the same macros as you now. Was doing 60/35/5, just changed from that this week. I am still new to keto and tweaking my diet/workout routines as well. If you can see my other post they may help you.

countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10) countysquare is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TexasEric View Post
    1st of all are you male or female? I am assuming male? What are your mantaince calorie numbers? As long as your calories are in deficit you should lose weight, especially on a keto diet.

The 1st week I was in ketosis, my maintaince were 2700 calories a day. I am 5'9, was 257 lbs. I was eating about 1200-1300 calories a day. The advice received here was just listen to your body. Don't eat if you are not hungry. After a week my body told me I needed more calories. I started to feel hungry, so I ate more. Now, I am up to 2100-2300 calories a day.

Adding fat is easy. Honestly, I just started taking a tablespoon or two of oil with my meals, coconut oil, fish oils, and olive oil. These are some of the most health fats you can put in your body. Also, I will drink at lest a couple cups of unsweetened coconut milk daily.

By the way, I have the same macros as you now. Was doing 60/35/5, just changed from that this week. I am still new to keto and tweaking my diet/workout routines as well. If you can see my other post they may help you.
    Thanks so much. I'm definitely eating at a deficit. The last time I did the calculator, my height, weight, type of job, and exercise 5+ days per week, it said that I would need to eat about 3000 calories per day to maintain weight. Seems high to be honest, but with the food I posted about, it's about 1300 calories. So it's definitely a deficit.

Thanks for the boost in confidence. I'm just worried that I am not eating enough calories. Not eating enough fat. I'm also very worried that I could gain a majority of the weight back after stopping the keto diet. Any thoughts?

Registered User VinitineFitness's Avatar
    VinitineFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calories are way too low, Keto will help your body shed weight without going that far into a deficit, Go with the breakdown that was stated above 75% FAT 20% PROT and 5% CARB, if your doing anything more than sitting 24 hours a day you should most likely be eating at a very minimum 1500 calories.
    Let Keto do the work for you focus on keeping your carbs under 20 net grams and getting lots of fats, once you are fat adapted start tapering the calories down.
    "Stay hungry, stay healthy, be a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go beyond limitations."

TexasEric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by countysquare View Post
    Thanks so much. I'm definitely eating at a deficit. The last time I did the calculator, my height, weight, type of job, and exercise 5+ days per week, it said that I would need to eat about 3000 calories per day to maintain weight. Seems high to be honest, but with the food I posted about, it's about 1300 calories. So it's definitely a deficit.

Thanks for the boost in confidence. I'm just worried that I am not eating enough calories. Not eating enough fat. I'm also very worried that I could gain a majority of the weight back after stopping the keto diet. Any thoughts?
    When you get off keto, you will gain back your water weight. Your body will refill your gylcogen stores in muscle and liver. I just think you will need to be very thoughtful about what you eat. If you binge, I am pretty sure your body will try to store as much as it can. Remember you are only in ketosis in the absence of large amounts of carbs. With-in 24 hours of eating carbs your body will be making insulin and trapping some of them in fat cells. The more unused carbs, the more fat.

Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
    I prefer fat 70%, protein 25% and carbs 5%. I would add in more greens. And for your weight, that is waaaaaaaaay low in daily calories. Even if you are 30% body fat. JMO.
    He may be right. My question is how do you feel? Are you hungry, tired, are you feeling like a dead battery. What is your body telling you? It took a while, but mine told me to eat more.

By the way, they are totally right about the leafy greens. I also eat an avacodo everyday. You WILL need the nutrition of the greens, and the fiber as well to clean your system. This will help keep you healthy.

yashovardhan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hii i checked your ratio for keto actually you should increase your fats more. The ratio should be like this 70:30:5 . F:P:C .

you can increase it with healthy oils like coconut oil, butter, ghee, olive oil. you add cheese and dairy products. So calculate your macros again and start a new diet.
    thank you
    Yashovardhan
    Intern At getsetgo.fitness