Reply
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138
Results 4,111 to 4,138 of 4138
  1. #4111
    Registered User ShockDaMuscles's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Age: 24
    Posts: 124
    Rep Power: 946
    ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ShockDaMuscles is offline
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    what's up with that additional box under the weight horns - is that part of the horns or part of the rest? It kinda appears to be a sleeve on the horns that goes over the rest tube.
    It's a rubber cap, part of the rest post. You can see it in one of the pictures on their site.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #4112
    Registered User rpark's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Location: United States
    Age: 50
    Posts: 1,639
    Rep Power: 8034
    rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    rpark is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence of whether or not to get this thing:
    Sorry, I don't like either of the machine's you posted.... the incline chest machine looks like a shoulder injury waiting to happen and the seated triceps just looks like a POS, no way you can get enough plates on there to do anything. The handles look soooooo long on that triceps bench, I guess if you are pressing at the inner most edge, you would have good leverage, but the outer handles would make it way too easy.... from appearance.... in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of any fixed handle chest machines, so difficult to get the biomechanics right for every body style.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]
    Reply With Quote

  3. #4113
    Registered User Steelfan7's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 102
    Rep Power: 234
    Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steelfan7 is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence of whether or not to get this thing:



    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s.../400899.2.html

    Regular dips was always my go-to for triceps. But due to a torn rotator cuff I never got repaired and a bad elbow I had surgery on last year and is still not fully healed, I find doing regular dips to have too high of a risk-to-reward ratio now. I've been trying to go back to doing regular dips in my pandemic gym by using the dip attachment that came with my rack, but it's just not working for me.

    The price for this thing is pretty good and I just barely have enough space left in my garage for it. So I may just pull the trigger and go get it.
    Youtube review on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrHdwiPJwls
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4114
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I love the concept, but I am inclined to think the fit/finish and biomechanics suck like just about everything made by Titan. How does it feel in use in all 3 positions?
    I (re)injured my shoulder with the torn rotator cuff doing incline dumbbell press. At the commercial gym, I stuck to machine-based chest presses because I've come to the conclusion that my days of doing dumbbell presses (which were always my foundational chest exercises ever since I was a teen) are over. But in my quarantine gym, I had no choice but to give dumbbell presses another try. Turns out, that was a bad idea. When I saw that Titan Fitness had this machine back in stock, I jumped on it right then and there.

    So I've been waiting for my shoulder to heal before I go hard on this machine. It kind of sucks that I got this thing all assembled and ready to go and I haven't been able to put it through the ringer yet since I got it. I did a super light chest workout last week on it, though, and it felt pretty good. Both incline and flat. I find the machine helps me angle my elbows in a way that doesn't aggravate my shoulder. I never do decline, so I don't know how that feels.

    I would so say the handles are a little too wide apart, though. However, It's an iso-lateral design, so you can train each side seperately which alleviates the problem of it being too wide to a certain degree.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #4115
    Registered User Halvorse's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 28
    Posts: 470
    Rep Power: 3373
    Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Halvorse is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I (re)injured my shoulder with the torn rotator cuff doing incline dumbbell press. At the commercial gym, I stuck to machine-based chest presses because I've come to the conclusion that my days of doing dumbbell presses (which were always my foundational chest exercises ever since I was a teen) are over. But in my quarantine gym, I had no choice but to give dumbbell presses another try. Turns out, that was a bad idea. When I saw that Titan Fitness had this machine back in stock, I jumped on it right then and there.

    So I've been waiting for my shoulder to heal before I go hard on this machine. It kind of sucks that I got this thing all assembled and ready to go and I haven't been able to put it through the ringer yet since I got it. I did a super light chest workout last week on it, though, and it felt pretty good. Both incline and flat. I find the machine helps me angle my elbows in a way that doesn't aggravate my shoulder. I never do decline, so I don't know how that feels.

    I would so say the handles are a little too wide apart, though. However, It's an iso-lateral design, so you can train each side seperately which alleviates the problem of it being too wide to a certain degree.
    Keep us updated on the smoothness with heavier weights on it.
    Life is yours alone, rise up and live it.
    Goomy Crew
    Reply With Quote

  6. #4116
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    I added Titan's chest supported T-bar row to the Pandemic Gym today:

    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s...le/401007.html

    It took me about two hours to assemble. Most of the time was spent sorting the pieces as well as the nuts and bolts before I begun (the nuts and botls were all just thrown in a bag and not labeled or anything). After that, it was smooth sailing and it went together easily.

    This thing is great for the price paid. It's level of sturdiness was not at all what I expected at this price point. To me, it's just as good as the commercial T-bar rows I've used at the commercial gym.

    The common complaint about this machine, though, is that it's not built for short people. This is very much true. I'm a manlet at 5'6", and I had to be on my tippy toes for my chest to be at the right spot on the machine. However, I alleviated this issue by bolting a 4x4 to the foot plate to act as a booster. So now it's perfect for me.

    Overall, I'm quite pleased with this purchase. I would highly recommend it if you have the space for it (it's footprint was larger than I expected). Just be aware that short people may have to modify it in order for it to be workable.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #4117
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 149
    Rep Power: 464
    RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    I ordered their GHD roller (Sorinex clone) since it was 1/3 of the price, for a pretty simple device, since it was listed as in stock. It still doesn't look like it shipped. Not the best first experience with these guys.... (says 3-5 day shipping time)
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  8. #4118
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I ordered their GHD roller (Sorinex clone) since it was 1/3 of the price, for a pretty simple device, since it was listed as in stock. It still doesn't look like it shipped. Not the best first experience with these guys.... (says 3-5 day shipping time)
    I have ordered two big pieces from them so far, and so far I haven't fallen victim to their legendary lack of QA (yet). However, with the last piece I got from them, one of the boxes was all torn up and I was lucky nothing fell out. This seems to be common thing with stuff coming from Titan, but that seems to be more of an issue with the shipper and not Titan (it got shipped via FedEx).
    Reply With Quote

  9. #4119
    Registered User Halvorse's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 28
    Posts: 470
    Rep Power: 3373
    Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Halvorse is offline
    Has anyone had a chance to try their functional trainer? At $2k I'm mighty tempted to pull the trigger.
    Life is yours alone, rise up and live it.
    Goomy Crew
    Reply With Quote

  10. #4120
    Registered User RGrizzzz's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 149
    Rep Power: 464
    RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RGrizzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    RGrizzzz is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I ordered their GHD roller (Sorinex clone) since it was 1/3 of the price, for a pretty simple device, since it was listed as in stock. It still doesn't look like it shipped. Not the best first experience with these guys.... (says 3-5 day shipping time)
    Won't ship until approx July 1. So much for ordering an "in stock" item.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||
    Reply With Quote

  11. #4121
    RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Virginia, United States
    Posts: 4,602
    Rep Power: 14798
    matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    matrix563 is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence of whether or not to get this thing:



    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s.../400899.2.html

    Regular dips was always my go-to for triceps. But due to a torn rotator cuff I never got repaired and a bad elbow I had surgery on last year and is still not fully healed, I find doing regular dips to have too high of a risk-to-reward ratio now. I've been trying to go back to doing regular dips in my pandemic gym by using the dip attachment that came with my rack, but it's just not working for me.

    The price for this thing is pretty good and I just barely have enough space left in my garage for it. So I may just pull the trigger and go get it.





    Recently picked this up from my friend who grabbed it for me. 40 bucks. I like it. I need to add a spacer to the washer as its not quite high enough for 45s but a spacer would fix it. I still found it quite nice even without the spacer. Fully welded too. Some heft but not overly so.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

    ~ 5th dimensional being ~
    Reply With Quote

  12. #4122
    Workin' Stabilizers Skidmarx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Posts: 7,152
    Rep Power: 9510
    Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000) Skidmarx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Skidmarx is offline
    That looks pretty easy to build. Is it worth the gym real estate?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-
    Reply With Quote

  13. #4123
    Registered User ncsuLuke's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2006
    Location: Texas, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,223
    Rep Power: 3785
    ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ncsuLuke is offline
    Originally Posted by Halvorse View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to try their functional trainer? At $2k I'm mighty tempted to pull the trigger.
    I can't imagine dropping that much on a Titan piece or buying something from Titan that is that complicated. Save a little more and get an Inspire FT1 and then you won't have to worry about if you wasted a couple grand.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #4124
    Registered User Asjogren's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: United States
    Age: 58
    Posts: 429
    Rep Power: 1855
    Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Asjogren is offline
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I can't imagine dropping that much on a Titan piece or buying something from Titan that is that complicated. Save a little more and get an Inspire FT1 and then you won't have to worry about if you wasted a couple grand.
    I couldn’t agree more!
    Reply With Quote

  15. #4125
    Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 122
    Rep Power: 544
    Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifts4longevity is offline
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    I ordered their GHD roller (Sorinex clone) since it was 1/3 of the price, for a pretty simple device, since it was listed as in stock. It still doesn't look like it shipped. Not the best first experience with these guys.... (says 3-5 day shipping time)
    Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
    Won't ship until approx July 1. So much for ordering an "in stock" item.
    I feel the same after ordering a squat rack (Rogue clone) from Titan on June 1st that was "in stock".....On the product page as of last week, the item said it was expected to ship by June 30. I just checked it now, and it says "expected to ship by 7/21/20".....WTF Titan????

    After I placed the order, the order confirmation page noted that I would get an email confirming my order in "just a few minutes." Still no email. If I hadn't copied the order receipt info, I wouldn't even have an order number or any way of checking the order status. Not exactly the best way to make a new customer feel secure about their purchase.

    Andy
    I own my weights, but sometimes they own me

    Another skinny ectomorph on the journey to look like a buff mesomorph

    ***Cancer free since 2006, but always fighting the battle***
    Reply With Quote

  16. #4126
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    Just finished assembly of my latest addition to my pandemic gym from Titan Fitness:



    I literally got this thing assembled in like 30 minutes, and I wasn't even trying. The assembly instructions were the usual level of cryptic-ness I've come to expect from Titan. But despite that, it went together super easy and without any hang ups.

    For about $130 shipped, I really can't complain about the quality of this thing. It's definitely not what you'd find at the commercial gym, but I wasn't expecting it to be. It's world's better than trying to sit a loaded barbell on your lap to try and do seated calf raises, though. And it doesn't take up a lot of room in my increasingly cramped garage gym. So overall I'd say that this was a good buy,
    Reply With Quote

  17. #4127
    Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 122
    Rep Power: 544
    Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifts4longevity is offline
    I emailed Titan on Monday about the added delay of my order and got a quick response back Tuesday morning. Basically the lady looked up my order and mentioned that I was first in line when the new batch arrived around June 30th, but it would be 1 or 2 weeks additional until they were able to ship it out. This morning I got an email with tracking that states that my order has shipped!

    It may just be coincidental (or my order "slipped through the cracks" before I brought it to their attention???), but I like to think that the squeaky wheel got the grease in this case. Anyone else with a pending order may do themselves a favor by simply contacting customer service and reminding them you're still waiting patiently in the corner. Never know....

    Andy
    I own my weights, but sometimes they own me

    Another skinny ectomorph on the journey to look like a buff mesomorph

    ***Cancer free since 2006, but always fighting the battle***
    Reply With Quote

  18. #4128
    Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 122
    Rep Power: 544
    Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifts4longevity is offline
    So I ended up getting a random email 2 hours after my last post here, stating that my order has shipped. The package arrived 2 days ago (to my surprise) and for the most part, everything looks good. The box arrived with the top flap torn nearly off, but the people at Fed Ex had the good sense to put the torn flap up during shipping. End the end, I came up 3 fasteners shy, and Titan is sending them out ASAP (hardware store doesn't carry 16mm bolts). Powdercoating has a few small gouges (probably from the loose bolts floating around during shipping), but otherwise appears tough and durable. Finish is textured.



    Blister pack exploded during shipping:


    Being a former certified weldor, I was worried about the weld quality at Titan as seen from pics posted online. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw these welds throughout. Others posted pics of seagull crap welds, but these are neat, clean, uniform, and penetration appears to be perfectly acceptable for production welds.


    These are the worst welds I could find (How's that song go???? "You're as cold as ice!!!!" Lol)...They are NOT critical welds however, just the top and bottom welds of the end flanges on the crossmember. They would have been fine had they ground a relief on both parts before welding, but these are the shortcuts that allow for lower prices.


    Here are the fillet welds on the end flanges of that same crossmember. Much better!


    All in all, I am quite pleased with this purchase, and their customer service at Titan. Can't wait to get the squat stand assembled and try it out. Hopefully this will put others' minds at ease if they have the same concerns I did about buying from Titan as a first time customer.

    Andy
    Attached Images
    I own my weights, but sometimes they own me

    Another skinny ectomorph on the journey to look like a buff mesomorph

    ***Cancer free since 2006, but always fighting the battle***
    Reply With Quote

  19. #4129
    Registered User EricAtl's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2015
    Age: 49
    Posts: 1,961
    Rep Power: 8451
    EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000) EricAtl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    EricAtl is offline
    Originally Posted by Lifts4longevity View Post
    So I ended up getting a random email 2 hours after my last post here, stating that my order has shipped. The package arrived 2 days ago (to my surprise) and for the most part, everything looks good. The box arrived with the top flap torn nearly off, but the people at Fed Ex had the good sense to put the torn flap up during shipping. End the end, I came up 3 fasteners shy, and Titan is sending them out ASAP (hardware store doesn't carry 16mm bolts). Powdercoating has a few small gouges (probably from the loose bolts floating around during shipping), but otherwise appears tough and durable. Finish is textured.



    Blister pack exploded during shipping:


    Being a former certified weldor, I was worried about the weld quality at Titan as seen from pics posted online. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I saw these welds throughout. Others posted pics of seagull crap welds, but these are neat, clean, uniform, and penetration appears to be perfectly acceptable for production welds.


    These are the worst welds I could find (How's that song go???? "You're as cold as ice!!!!" Lol)...They are NOT critical welds however, just the top and bottom welds of the end flanges on the crossmember. They would have been fine had they ground a relief on both parts before welding, but these are the shortcuts that allow for lower prices.


    Here are the fillet welds on the end flanges of that same crossmember. Much better!


    All in all, I am quite pleased with this purchase, and their customer service at Titan. Can't wait to get the squat stand assembled and try it out. Hopefully this will put others' minds at ease if they have the same concerns I did about buying from Titan as a first time customer.

    Andy
    Enjoy, let’s see some pics of it when you have it assembled.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym pics: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177315891&p=1583348411&viewfull=1#post1583348411
    Reply With Quote

  20. #4130
    Registered User evankyle's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 1,911
    Rep Power: 2440
    evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    evankyle is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I added Titan's chest supported T-bar row to the Pandemic Gym today:

    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s...le/401007.html

    It took me about two hours to assemble. Most of the time was spent sorting the pieces as well as the nuts and bolts before I begun (the nuts and botls were all just thrown in a bag and not labeled or anything). After that, it was smooth sailing and it went together easily.

    This thing is great for the price paid. It's level of sturdiness was not at all what I expected at this price point. To me, it's just as good as the commercial T-bar rows I've used at the commercial gym.

    The common complaint about this machine, though, is that it's not built for short people. This is very much true. I'm a manlet at 5'6", and I had to be on my tippy toes for my chest to be at the right spot on the machine. However, I alleviated this issue by bolting a 4x4 to the foot plate to act as a booster. So now it's perfect for me.

    Overall, I'm quite pleased with this purchase. I would highly recommend it if you have the space for it (it's footprint was larger than I expected). Just be aware that short people may have to modify it in order for it to be workable.
    In part, based on this review, I bought the chest supported T bar row today. I was impressed that within an hour of ordering it, I got Fed Ex. I know it likely will not be perfect but given that I always used the T bar row in the gym, I am looking forward to getting it. I have seen used ones online for much more than this. Hopefully all pieces are sent correctly.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #4131
    OG Duplicitous's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts: 701
    Rep Power: 2621
    Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Duplicitous is offline
    Originally Posted by evankyle View Post
    In part, based on this review, I bought the chest supported T bar row today. I was impressed that within an hour of ordering it, I got Fed Ex. I know it likely will not be perfect but given that I always used the T bar row in the gym, I am looking forward to getting it. I have seen used ones online for much more than this. Hopefully all pieces are sent correctly.
    You can't screw up a T-bar row too much. The weight (103 lbs) tells me it will be a bit flimsy compared to a commercial unit (The old Icarian is 211 lbs.) and the upholstery will obviously be subpar, but it's still going to function like a T-bar row. :P
    Reply With Quote

  22. #4132
    Registered User evankyle's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2007
    Posts: 1,911
    Rep Power: 2440
    evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000) evankyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    evankyle is offline
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    You can't screw up a T-bar row too much. The weight (103 lbs) tells me it will be a bit flimsy compared to a commercial unit (The old Icarian is 211 lbs.) and the upholstery will obviously be subpar, but it's still going to function like a T-bar row. :P
    Thanks. I am not lifting that heavy anyway so hopefully it will be fine. Yes I would never buy something too big from Titan but for this the price was right and it will be nice to continue to do different things. I have gotten used to flimsy equipment as I am using a Hudson Steel preacher curl and although it is not commercial grade, one gets used to it over time.
    Reply With Quote

  23. #4133
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    I back ordered that Tricep Dip machine and a SSB v2 bar about a month ago. I just checked the shipping status on Titan's web site today and the shipping status finally changed to "Ready to Go!". Won't be long now.

    I saw that Titan has one of those floor GHD machines for about $260. They need to hurry up and get that back in stock because that seems preferable to me than the full sized GHD that they have.
    Reply With Quote

  24. #4134
    Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 122
    Rep Power: 544
    Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lifts4longevity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lifts4longevity is offline
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Enjoy, let’s see some pics of it when you have it assembled.
    Sorry I missed your comment. I'll post on here when I get it up and going.....it'll be awhile til I get it done, have to figure out some floor supports under the house, build extensions for the rack so I can install a pull-up bar to connect the uprights, build the spotter arms, and figure out how I want to fasten the rack to my platform. It's all a process, but I wanted to get the rack in my possession due to the unknown of what lies ahead. Pricing could skyrocket if production stops or is limited.

    On another note, Titan sent my missing 16mm bolts for the squat rack in less than a week. I decided to place another order for a pair of adjustable brackets for lever arms (that I'll add later to the rack). Of course I will build the lever arms myself, but the brackets couldn't be built for the scratch and dent price of $78 shipped, and they shipped quick. The steel for these brackets is 5/16" thick, welds are decent, and the powercoating is barely chipped on one corner. They were actually marked on the return tag of the box as a return due to customer ordering the wrong item. Anyway....This is the worst bracket of the pair.




    Attached Images
    I own my weights, but sometimes they own me

    Another skinny ectomorph on the journey to look like a buff mesomorph

    ***Cancer free since 2006, but always fighting the battle***
    Reply With Quote

  25. #4135
    Registered User Halvorse's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 28
    Posts: 470
    Rep Power: 3373
    Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Halvorse is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Halvorse is offline
    I recently got the Vertical Leg Press and made a quick review video of it. Check it out if you're interested. In short I would definitely buy it again, it works pretty well, it's compact, and it's really not that expensive. Also, be nice lol I'm new to making videos and stuff, but just wanted to help people out with this. I couldn't find any reviews of it before I purchased.

    Life is yours alone, rise up and live it.
    Goomy Crew
    Reply With Quote

  26. #4136
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence of whether or not to get this thing:



    https://www.titan.fitness/strength/s.../400899.2.html
    So I had this thing on back order and it finally arrived yesterday. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble. Everything was packaged up nice and tidy. Even the box was fully intact. Is Titan stepping up there game or something?

    Anyway, I did a few sets with it and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. The obnoxiously long handles really lets me play around with the positioning of my hands so it doesn't bother my bad shoulder while still getting a rather large range of motion. Imma have to say that this was a good buy. I can't say it's a definite yes yet until I do an actual workout with it, though. Which will be tomorrow. Can't wait!
    Reply With Quote

  27. #4137
    Registered User grumpytude's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Posts: 784
    Rep Power: 2598
    grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000) grumpytude is just really nice. (+1000)
    grumpytude is offline
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    So I had this thing on back order and it finally arrived yesterday. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble. Everything was packaged up nice and tidy. Even the box was fully intact. Is Titan stepping up there game or something?

    Anyway, I did a few sets with it and I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. The obnoxiously long handles really lets me play around with the positioning of my hands so it doesn't bother my bad shoulder while still getting a rather large range of motion. Imma have to say that this was a good buy. I can't say it's a definite yes yet until I do an actual workout with it, though. Which will be tomorrow. Can't wait!
    curious as to how you keep yourself grounded when adding more weight, without lifting off the seat.
    looking forward to your review.
    I have the hammer tricep machine- which I love, but its huge, takes up alot of space.
    Reply With Quote

  28. #4138
    Registered User WWE-TicK's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States
    Posts: 5,383
    Rep Power: 2224
    WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000) WWE-TicK is just really nice. (+1000)
    WWE-TicK is offline
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    curious as to how you keep yourself grounded when adding more weight, without lifting off the seat.
    looking forward to your review.
    I have the hammer tricep machine- which I love, but its huge, takes up alot of space.
    I'll find out tomorrow when I use actual working weight.
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Titan Fitness - Good Value?
    By markymark0724 in forum Workout Equipment
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-28-2020, 07:43 PM
  2. Titan Fitness GHD
    By cmarti063 in forum Workout Equipment
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 05:26 AM
  3. Titan Fitness HD Power Rack (2"x3")- Comprehensive Video Review
    By GrizzlyBW in forum Workout Equipment
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-28-2015, 10:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts