Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150
Results 4,471 to 4,482 of 4482
    murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    TBH, I'd prefer the 28.5mm bar over the 27mm bar if the length was longer to allow for more bend in the shaft. Gave the Buddy Capps TDL bar a try and couldn't do it, not only for the rediculously sharp knurl but I didn't feel like the thin shaft helped with my grip. But then again, I've given up DL's altogether so I'm just a spectator. For me the risks of deadlifting outweigh the benefits, which I know is Powerlifting blasphemy haha. Every now and again I'll ldo them on the belt squat with a MAG cable attachment, but I know that isn't quite the same thing.
    My personal experience is that I'm able to double-overhand more with the sharp knurl and thinner grip on my ODL bar than on my OB-84 or OPB. I don't think length plays much of a factor at the weights I'm using for DOH deadlifts, but it'd be interesting to see how things would go between 27/28/29mm if the bar length and knurl were identical.

What's risky about deadlifts vs the other powerlifts? Do you get back tweaks regularly?

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    TBH, I'd prefer the 28.5mm bar over the 27mm bar if the length was longer to allow for more bend in the shaft. Gave the Buddy Capps TDL bar a try and couldn't do it, not only for the rediculously sharp knurl but I didn't feel like the thin shaft helped with my grip. But then again, I've given up DL's altogether so I'm just a spectator. For me the risks of deadlifting outweigh the benefits, which I know is Powerlifting blasphemy haha. Every now and again I'll ldo them on the belt squat with a MAG cable attachment, but I know that isn't quite the same thing.
    The people looking for a 28.5mm DL bar is an even much smaller group than the ones who want a comp 27mm size, the whole concept really makes no sense to me.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    What's risky about deadlifts vs the other powerlifts? Do you get back tweaks regularly?
    It's just a low reward / high risk movement, especially for a person who's main focus is bodybuilding. Why risk a bicep tear, constant elbow pain, and the potential for a serious back injury when you don't plan to compete in Powerlifting? Does it create a massive back compared to the safer/isolation movements, not really. Someone might argue, "But look at Ronnie Coleman, his back was the greatest of all time and he deadlifted heavy on the regular!". I'd 100% agree there, but shortly after retirement the man was practically in a wheelchair because of back/hip issues related to his training. But like I said, every now and again I'll do them on the belt squat just for a little variety, but it's not one of my main lifts. Sorry for the rant, this could easily turn into a conversation of how I lump Powerlifting/Crossfit into the same catagory, neither lifting styles are a smart long term solution IMO.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's just a low reward / high risk movement, especially for a person who's main focus is bodybuilding. Why risk a bicep tear, constant elbow pain, and the potential for a serious back injury when you don't plan to compete in Powerlifting? Does it create a massive back compared to the safer/isolation movements, not really. Someone might argue, "But look at Ronnie Coleman, his back was the greatest of all time and he deadlifted heavy on the regular!". I'd 100% agree there, but shortly after retirement the man was practically in a wheelchair because of back/hip issues related to his training. But like I said, every now and again I'll do them on the belt squat just for a little variety, but it's not one of my main lifts. Sorry for the rant, this could easily turn into a conversation of how I lump Powerlifting/Crossfit into the same catagory, neither lifting styles are a smart long term solution IMO.
    I don't want to sidetrack too much, but as I've gotten older it seems like something or another is always hurting so I'm curious what you substitute for legs and back.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Titan Fitness is on my sh&t list. I ordered the T-3 short squat stand on Thursday for $299, along with the half rack conversion kit, spotter arms, and a couple other things. The whole shipment hasn't been delivered yet. On Monday I notice the price of the short squat stand dropped to $199. I contacted them via email asking for a credit, they said no, they only have a 24 hour period to match new prices. I've been back and forth with them via email and will have to call them today to complain. One part of the shipment is delayed due to the shipping label being unreadable. See the condition of box for the squat stand when it arrived, I can only imagine how bad of shape this will be in. So far I'm liking the squat stand. I'd return it, but I'm sure the shipping cost would negate the price difference and I already trashed the shipping box. What ticks me off the most is there are still a couple of items I want to order from them.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I still incorporate deadlifts in my workouts ( double overhand). but have drastically cut the weight and upped the reps. Not ready to abandon them just yet. Rack pulls another good alternative.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't want to sidetrack too much, but as I've gotten older it seems like something or another is always hurting so I'm curious what you substitute for legs and back.
    Same, as I've gotten older I've made quite a few adjustments to my programming to avoid unnecessary pain. Ditching deadlifts was one of them, instead I just do chest Supported rows, pulldowns, single arm rows, and Barbell pullovers. My second issue was military press and shoulder pain, so I switched to dumbbell exercises with lighter weight and more volume. Legs haven't changed as much, I still Barbell squat but I now rotate weeks where I'm going heavy on the belt squat to lower the stress placed on my spine. Chest day has remained the same for now, flat Barbell bench hasn't caused me any issues so my routine has pretty much stayed the same.

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    I still incorporate deadlifts in my workouts ( double overhand). but have drastically cut the weight and upped the reps. Not ready to abandon them just yet. Rack pulls another good alternative.
    On spread! I'm somewhat starting to feel that way with Barbell squats, but I'm not ready to abandon them in favor of the belt squat entirely. But it seems inevitable, I'm just glad I already have a replacement on deck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bisonp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Same, as I've gotten older I've made quite a few adjustments to my programming to avoid unnecessary pain. Ditching deadlifts was one of them, instead I just do chest Supported rows, pulldowns, single arm rows, and Barbell pullovers. My second issue was military press and shoulder pain, so I switched to dumbbell exercises with lighter weight and more volume. Legs haven't changed as much, I still Barbell squat but I now rotate weeks where I'm going heavy on the belt squat to lower the stress placed on my spine. Chest day has remained the same for now, flat Barbell bench hasn't caused me any issues so my routine has pretty much stayed the same.
    Thanks, I'm also still on spread with most people still here from years ago, hard to spread with hardly anybody new here these days.

I've done similar, more volume less weight. I've stopped regular deadlifts, reduced squat and started Bulgarian split squats, which has done wonders for knee stability but my balance is still a limiting factor.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

On spread! I'm somewhat starting to feel that way with Barbell squats, but I'm not ready to abandon them in favor of the belt squat entirely. But it seems inevitable, I'm just glad I already have a replacement on deck.

Yep, in my late 30s I definitely share this sentiment. I still like doing strongman-type stuff like yoke/carries/overhead things, but I don't think I have done any of the conventional powerlifts with a normal bar in at least a year. Outside of strongman stuff most of my deadlifts are off of blocks, my squats are all either spider/SSB or belt, and I do zero barbell bench press. DBs and cables can't match a bar in pure intensity, but don't piss off my shoulders and let me load up on volume. Overhead stuff never seems to bug my shoulders, so I still use an axle bar when doing strict OHP.

I also do waaaaaaaaaay more preventative work than I used to, especially for my back. High volume low weight good mornings, reverse hyper, dead hangs, direct ab work, etc. Now that I say it, I'll probably tweak my back tying my shoes, but since I started focusing on pre-hab everything in my back has felt better.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    20230411_185805.jpg

Just tested Titan Fitness customer service. Reverse Hyper bearing sprung a leak, my sister bought it for me I think early 2021, so I'm not original purchaser. Had about 3x/week use since, with ~200 lbs on it.

First contacted local McMaster Carr, showed them pic. They told me to remove the piece and bring it in, they'd try to match it. Would probably cost $50-60 + tax.

Decided to try contacting Titan. Obviously way out of warranty, and not original purchaser. They offered to sell me the part for $25, I decided to order 2 just in case. Got the bearing a week later.

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    Attachment 9396233

Just tested Titan Fitness customer service. Reverse Hyper bearing sprung a leak, my sister bought it for me I think early 2021, so I'm not original purchaser. Had about 3x/week use since, with ~200 lbs on it.

First contacted local McMaster Carr, showed them pic. They told me to remove the piece and bring it in, they'd try to match it. Would probably cost $50-60 + tax.

Decided to try contacting Titan. Obviously way out of warranty, and not original purchaser. They offered to sell me the part for $25, I decided to order 2 just in case. Got the bearing a week later.
    I'm glad that Titan backed their products, and care about their customers. Some companies out there, like Rogue, have abyssmal customer service. To them, it's all about bottom line profit, and not the consumer.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    I'm glad that Titan backed their products, and care about their customers. Some companies out there, like Rogue, have abyssmal customer service. To them, it's all about bottom line profit, and not the consumer.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.
    Surprised to hear this, Rogue used to be the customer service darling whenever I saw them mentioned on various forums, and social media. But lately, more and more posts are claiming otherwise.