InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100)

Vikings Bare Bone - Bench Press Plateau

Vikings Bare Bone Series - 3 Day full body

Any ideas of what to do when you stall on bench press?

Been on 135Lbs for 2 Weeks. Other lifts have been progressing really fast.

Pretty lame, but yeah. I just started eating at a small surplus a few days ago so maybe more time + a 15% decrease in weight = profit?

Edit: used to lift my senior year high school for a little while, my squat + deadlift were around 295lbs for reps while bench press stayed close to 135lbs (wasn't serious about it then).

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Well what does the program say to do when you fail the prescribed weight? Serious question

A few days of calorie surplus is worthless. Do it for 6 months and the gains will come

InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100) InAffect is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Well what does the program say to do when you fail the prescribed weight? Serious question

A few days of calorie surplus is worthless. Do it for 6 months and the gains will come
    He said just drop the weight a little if you stall on that exercise for 3 work outs in a row (1-2 weeks).

Should I drop by 10-15% - hit the rep scheme for 1 workout and then move on to 135lbs?

I feel like if I also just stick with it and continue eating at surplus I should be able to move up. Regardless, still curious as to what people suggest do when one hits a plateau..

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by InAffect View Post
    He said just drop the weight a little if you stall on that exercise for 3 work outs in a row (1-2 weeks).

Should I drop by 10-15% - hit the rep scheme for 1 workout and then move on to 135lbs?

I feel like if I also just stick with it and continue eating at surplus I should be able to move up. Regardless, still curious as to what people suggest do when one hits a plateau..
    Think about it like this- If continuing to lift the same weight over and over was going to get better results than reducing weight do you think he (and every other professional program author) would tell you to drop weight?

Follow the program bud. Most good programs cycle several weeks of lower weight (or similar) before going back to what you failed on. I doubt Viking intended anything drastically different. Programs don't work when you stop following them. Every single aspect of a pro written routine is written that way to increase results or safety...in this case it's results.