DreamCut is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Wanted: Cutting advice

Hey, 23m from Norway here!

- Currently been cutting for aproxx 2months
    - Gym 3*/week lifting
    - 80kg (think im 20% bf)
    - 178cm short
    - Chronic ancle injury makes Cardio really hard to implement so i havent yet. (I will have this injury for the rest of my time)

Diet:
    Kcal: 1400-1500
    Protein: 150-160g
    Carbs: 90-100g
    Fats: 40-50g
    I know this is low compared to most "guides", but i can stick to it just fine. Before anyone screams out that i probly cant count calories for ****, if you dont believe me. Please just assume its correct.

Some Lifts:
    Bench 90kg5*5
    OH-Sitting dumbell press: 26kg*10*3
    Bi curl: 35-40*10*3 depending on type.
    Tri press down: 60kg*10*3
    Sitting leg kicks: 89kg 10*3
    Sitting leg pulls: 68kg 10*3
    Im not an expert in the names of these exercises by any means, use your imagination

I have been steadily loosing 1kg/week up until 11 days ago. Seems to have halted completely. I do believe i can still see improvements in the mirror and i suppose i still have some "noob gains" as i am still improving all lifts week by week.

Thinking of trying to get a couple hours of rowing in pr week if it doesnt strain my ancle too much.

What i want to get an idea of is why the scale seems to have stopped moving? Could i actually be building to keep up with a 1400Kcal diet cus noob gains? Water retention? Constipation? I am very unsure what it could be.

Also personal advice for someone at my stage is very welcome
    Last edited by DreamCut; 04-27-2017 at 07:56 AM.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fluctuations in water weight can mask fat loss.

That said, your calories are too low and your fat intake is too low.

Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Fluctuations in water weight can mask fat loss.

That said, your calories are too low and your fat intake is too low.
    Thanks for the reply!

- Yes, as mentioned in the OP I know its low, but it shouldnt halt fatloss or? As I am still gaining strength in the gym I dont see an issue myself (Regarding low calories)
    - Could you elaborate on the effects of fat bein too low?

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DreamCut View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

- Yes, as mentioned in the OP I know its low, but it shouldnt halt fatloss or? As I am still gaining strength in the gym I dont see an issue myself
    - Could you elaborate on the effects of fat bein too low?
    Dietary fat intake isn't what makes you fat or what causes fat loss.

The reason there is a minimum requirement for fat intake is because your body NEEDS a minimum amount of it daily to function optimally - for brain function, hormone functions, digestion, and vitamin absorption.

Originally Posted by juggernaut74ia View Post
    Dietary fat intake isn't what makes you fat or what causes fat loss.

The reason there is a minimum requirement for fat intake is because your body NEEDS a minimum amount of it daily to function optimally - for brain function, hormone functions, digestion, and vitamin absorption.
    Hey, and thanks!

I thought as long as BF is high your body will supplement from that, and that it would only matter alot if you are sub 10%

So, for fatloss assuming my mental health is fine and dandy, should i add 10-20g? That is like 200Kcal, im not sure id benefit from that increase.

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought as long as BF is high your body will supplement from that, and that it would only matter alot if you are sub 10%
    No that's incorrect. Your body uses stored fat for energy - not the other functions listed.

So, for fatloss assuming my mental health is fine and dandy, should i add 10-20g? That is like 200Kcal, im not sure id benefit from that increase.
    Yes...and probably closer to 20 than 10. If you're currently only eating 1500-1600 calories, you will still be able to lose weight fine at 1700-1800. I would even argue that in the long run you'll be more successful. You may not lose weight as fast in the short term, but you're building better and more sustainable long-term eating habits.

DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DropSetDemon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just starve yourself and if you have to eat make sure it's protein

No that's incorrect. Your body uses stored fat for energy - not the other functions listed.

Yes...and probably closer to 20 than 10. If you're currently only eating 1500-1600 calories, you will still be able to lose weight fine at 1700-1800. I would even argue that in the long run you'll be more successful. You may not lose weight as fast in the short term, but you're building better and more sustainable long-term eating habits.
    Okay, good advice there. You mentioned dietary fat, I dont take in diary at all, could i just drink some olive oil?

Originally Posted by DropSetDemon View Post
    Would you like Dipatel assume weightloss is shadowed by waterweight considering the low calories?

Okay, good advice there. You mentioned dietary fat, I dont take in diary at all, could i just drink some olive oil?
    You could, but I would find that repulsive personally.

Nuts/nut butters, avocados, fattier cuts of meat are all good non-dairy sources of additional fat that don't involve having to drink oil straight.

Please don't take this idiotic advice.

You could, but I would find that repulsive personally.

Nuts/nut butters, avocados, fattier cuts of meat are all good non-dairy sources of additional fat that don't involve having to drink oil straight.
    Thanks, i might just add 30g almonds

I cant say what i am eating atm is very pleasing in any way anyhow. Not using any shakes or anything atm, so i basicly eat rice and lean meat. I really want to do this as efficiently as possible before summer vacay 10. july.
    Last edited by DreamCut; 04-27-2017 at 08:43 AM.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    11 days is not long enough to determine if you have stalled. No loss for 3 weeks calls for action.

What would you do if i go 3 weeks like this according to my status?

dullahmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What would you do if i go 3 weeks like this according to my status?
    Personally at 1500 with your exercise level, weight and height, you`ve went in a bit too hard. From personal experience, whenever I`ve went in hard to drop calories fast, YES its showed great results on the scales but not long after my body adapts and I plateau.

Recently i`m trying to eat as much calories as possible and lose weight that way. My maintenance is 2300 and im cutting on 1900-2000/day with 5 weight sessions and 2/3 cardio sessions a week. Once I plateau, I will add an extra cardio session or take away 5-10% of my calories.

I understand you want to go on holiday but it`s a long steady process. Your best off slightly titrating your calories back up to maintenance level which is probably 2800ish for someone your size and then slowly decrease down starting with a 500 cal deficit then take away 5-10% each time you hit a plateau

Hope that helps, be patient and FEED THE CUT

Originally Posted by dullahmo View Post
    Personally at 1500 with your exercise level, weight and height, you`ve went in a bit too hard. From personal experience, whenever I`ve went in hard to drop calories fast, YES its showed great results on the scales but not long after my body adapts and I plateau.

Recently i`m trying to eat as much calories as possible and lose weight that way. My maintenance is 2300 and im cutting on 1900-2000/day with 5 weight sessions and 2/3 cardio sessions a week. Once I plateau, I will add an extra cardio session or take away 5-10% of my calories.

I understand you want to go on holiday but it`s a long steady process. Your best off slightly titrating your calories back up to maintenance level which is probably 2800ish for someone your size and then slowly decrease down starting with a 500 cal deficit then take away 5-10% each time you hit a plateau

Hope that helps, be patient and FEED THE CUT
    Thanks!

I think i will use this advice if my current progress halts over a longer period. Probably if i hit 3 weeks with low progress.

I fully understand its a long process, but i also want to test my limits for a little while.

I guess im stressing abit about the calculations i made not giving the effect I anticipated every week

And i know with myself if i dont hit sub 14% ish before vacay i will loose another summer where im comfortable at the beach : /

Maybe after summer i will be able to start a lean bulk with a good conscience

Thanks!

I think i will use this advice if my current progress halts over a longer period. Probably if i hit 3 weeks with low progress.

I fully understand its a long process, but i also want to test my limits for a little while.

I guess im stressing abit about the calculations i made not giving the effect I anticipated every week

And i know with myself if i dont hit sub 14% ish before vacay i will loose another summer where im comfortable at the beach : /

Maybe after summer i will be able to start a lean bulk with a good conscience
    Sure, just remember that all the youtuber`s and social media fitness people you see have been at it for many years, not just months.

Maybe try to get yourself to a really good lean level of 10/12% before you lean bulk so your only get to a max of 16%. Titrating calories up slowly with lean bulk even more than during a cut as you can only build 2lb of muscle a month approx, anymore is just plain fat.

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chronic ancle injury makes Cardio really hard to implement so i havent yet. (I will have this injury for the rest of my time)
    Since your other questions are answered, I gotta ask why you're turning to excuses about cardio? If you don't want to do it, don't, but it has tremendous health benefits. Having a bum ankle is no excuse to exclude all cardio just because a portion of the broad category relies on your ankles being good.... if you want to do cardio, there are many ways for you to do this.
    1175 @172

Thanks to Emergency Services and Military

Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    Since your other questions are answered, I gotta ask why you're turning to excuses about cardio? If you don't want to do it, don't, but it has tremendous health benefits. Having a bum ankle is no excuse to exclude all cardio just because a portion of the broad category relies on your ankles being good.... if you want to do cardio, there are many ways for you to do this.
    Doing my 12 rep max deadlift with focus on perfect form each time and really contracting your muscles gets my heart racing faster than a lot of cardio!

Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    Yeah i assume this is this case. Rather then an excuse, its a fact.
    I would appreciate any tips on types of cardio that exclude the ancles.
    Its not even just cardio it affects, i cant Deadlift or squat either because of the strain. I litterally cant work the next day if i do this.
    I did try and look up ways to do this, but what i tend to find are rehabilitation exercises for the ancles whenever i implement the word: ancle while googling. Which is not possible sadly.

To elaborate slighly: Anything past standing or walking will strain and greatly affect pain the coming day. Thus most my lifts are sitting or laying.
    Last edited by DreamCut; 04-28-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Originally Posted by dullahmo View Post
    Doing my 12 rep max deadlift with focus on perfect form each time and really contracting your muscles gets my heart racing faster than a lot of cardio!
    I do vary when im at the gym, benching 5*5, decline dumbs 8*3-10*3 and usually i peckdeck last at 12*3 to drain what i have left.
    Sadly again, cant DL : /