tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tommy4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Hurt my shoulder today

Felt a discomfort and slight pain on my right shoulder today whilst benching. Thought I would drop the weight so instead of doing my usual 3x5x125kg I dropped it to 100kg and still found it hard...worrying. I proceeded to my next exercise Military press and found no discomfort there. Not sure what that means but my anterior delt is kind of stiff with a little pain.

So the question here is, should I stopped training completely till my shoulder feels better or can I just stop all push exercise?

GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50) GhandiGains will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do not F your shoulder up if possible. Figure out what motion makes it hurt and avoid it until its gone. My friend tried to lift through discomfort and ended up with a minor tear. Now he's out for 2 months.
    "Where there is gains, there is life."

Gandhi

Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Caezar07 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tommy4life View Post
    or can I just stop all push exercise?
    It might not necessarily be your push exercises that are causing the should pain. Low bar squats and weighted chin-ups have injured my shoulder, and caused it to flair up when benching. Benching in general, if you aren't flaring your shoulders, is a pretty safe exercise shoulder-wise. Consider your other exercises as well when trying to determine the cause of the injury.
    Row from the floor.
    Eat the damned yolk.

"When I see a program that says three sets of eight reps? That's the stupidest f****** thing ever. If it doesn't have a specific percentage based on a specific max, it's useless." -Jim Wendler