nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking feeling rear delts on rope pull downs :/

Hi, firstly I have been watching athlenex videos on youtube and come across this one for triceps as my triceps are lagging >>> watch?v=dvmP9Hgu0lU <<< I wanted to know what you guys thought of this technique? I did try it and felt more tension at the bottom of the pull as mentioned in the video, but I don't want to keep doing it, if it amounts to a hill of beans.

Secondly, I noticed today that when I do rope pull downs, I mainly feel it in what feels like the bottom of my rear delts, does the tricep burn feel like its coming from the shoulder at all? I ask as pretty much every exercise I try, I cannot get a burn in my triceps, they just fail and if they do have a slight burn, its normally in the lower rear delt area :/ any help is greatly appreciated.

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I didn't look at the video, but if it's the one where you step back as you do the extension, I think its ok. Not good, not bad. Best to focus on proper form of the regular tricep pushdown before exploring variations.

The fact that you call it a pulldown could be why you're feeling it more in your shoulder. Keep your elbows pinned to your ribcage, and do not let them move. Push the rope straight down and then out to your sides just a bit, then let it raise back up to just past 90 degrees to get a good stretch before your next rep. The only parts of your body that should be moving are your forearms. If you can't maintain form, the weight is too heavy.
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nissan2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I didn't look at the video, but if it's the one where you step back as you do the extension, I think its ok. Not good, not bad. Best to focus on proper form of the regular tricep pushdown before exploring variations.

The fact that you call it a pulldown could be why you're feeling it more in your shoulder. Keep your elbows pinned to your ribcage, and do not let them move. Push the rope straight down and then out to your sides just a bit, then let it raise back up to just past 90 degrees to get a good stretch before your next rep. The only parts of your body that should be moving are your forearms. If you can't maintain form, the weight is too heavy.
    thanks for the advice, I do, do it as you said, I call them pulldowns because google results shown them as push downs rather than pull downs, which I thought was a little odd. I will try and get a form video uploaded for a better look at what I am doing, I look in the mirror all throughout the movement and my arms are tucked in throughout, It just seems I can never get my arms feeling saw and the pump only lasts for about half hour after finishing the gym.

rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rackpull88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by nissan2 View Post
    Hi, firstly I have been watching athlenex videos on youtube and come across this one for triceps as my triceps are lagging >>> watch?v=dvmP9Hgu0lU <<< I wanted to know what you guys thought of this technique? I did try it and felt more tension at the bottom of the pull as mentioned in the video, but I don't want to keep doing it, if it amounts to a hill of beans.

Secondly, I noticed today that when I do rope pull downs, I mainly feel it in what feels like the bottom of my rear delts, does the tricep burn feel like its coming from the shoulder at all? I ask as pretty much every exercise I try, I cannot get a burn in my triceps, they just fail and if they do have a slight burn, its normally in the lower rear delt area :/ any help is greatly appreciated.
    lighten the weight, use 100% perfect form, and rep it out for however long it takes for u to feel it in ur triceps, once theyre pre exhausted and activated up the weight and continue onto ur sets

GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Try to do more reps with less weight, make sure when you do the tricep exercises to hold and squeeze , make that tricep burn !

GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeorgeK1ng has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Use lighet weight , more reps, make sure when you do the exercise to hold and squeeze the tricep, make it burn !