Thread: Acceptance

msboss302 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Acceptance

How do you guys accept that you cant keep a competition body year round? I've been struggling with this for awhile and just wondering how you guys do it.
    " If your in control , your not going fast enough"- parnelli Jones

If you live life without risks, you risk not living at all.

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by msboss302 View Post
    How do you guys accept that you cant keep a competition body year round? I've been struggling with this for awhile and just wondering how you guys do it.
    I had a heck of a time with it at first. My first year competing, I won several shows and I really identified with the girl that was up on stage! Trying to cling to that physique probably made my progress slower than it needed to be... you surely can't make gains all that quickly if you don't fuel the body properly. Accepting that I wanted to make gains, I wanted more muscle really helped me. Once I really let myself have an off/bulk season, I started to identify with that look... I kind of like looking pretty massive (relatively speaking!). Also, dabbling in powerlifting in my offseason didn't hurt any!
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SUTTER3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You get better at accepting it over time. Eventually, I think a switch just kind of flips and you realize that it's not healthy to be that lean for long.

You will also want to start making strength/size gains again. For me, this desire ends of taking over. I know that I cannot making gains at 6% bodyfat, so I need to start eating more and put on a little fat to progress.
    Instagram: SUTTER3 - James Sutter Personal Training
    Feel free to message me if you need advice on workouts or nutrition!