paradisefilms is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New to Gym-Need Supplement Advice

Hi guys...I am about to start a workout and diet program and was hoping I could get some great supplement advice from some of you. I'm familiar with working out, but have never really used any supplements other than protein powder and a preworkout. Any recommendations would be great. I'm 6'2" 250 pounds and am looking to lose a good bit of excess and fat and put on some quality lean muscle to start. I've joined a gym and am finally serious about getting in shape. I'm 34 years old. I figured this site would be a great place to start. Looking forward to sharing some success stories. Thanks in advance for any recommendations. If you need any further information to provide some supplement advice then let me know.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you are just starting out you should really put the biggest amount of effort into your diet. So a good protein wouldn't hurt to help make sure you get enough on the daily.. other than that, just a multi for now until you get the bigger picture mapped out!~

gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paradisefilms View Post
    Hi guys...I am about to start a workout and diet program and was hoping I could get some great supplement advice from some of you. I'm familiar with working out, but have never really used any supplements other than protein powder and a preworkout. Any recommendations would be great. I'm 6'2" 250 pounds and am looking to lose a good bit of excess and fat and put on some quality lean muscle to start. I've joined a gym and am finally serious about getting in shape. I'm 34 years old. I figured this site would be a great place to start. Looking forward to sharing some success stories. Thanks in advance for any recommendations. If you need any further information to provide some supplement advice then let me know.
    Supplements have their place and can help you fill in gaps here and there with your nutrition but are not essential.

Most important factors, in order, are:
    1) NUTRITION: (Read the stickies in the nutrition forum for the basics) - Essentially, you need to know your daily maintenance (called a TDEE) and adjust your actual caloric intake, based on this amount, to meet your particular fitness goals. If you're looking to lose weight you would seek to eat slightly below your TDEE. In addition, you need to meet all of your body's macronutrient and micronutrient needs in order to have all the building blocks in place. Again, check out the stickies for more info on that. Also, make sure your meal plan is SUSTAINABLE. A lot of the more gimmicky "diets" (e.g. never eat anything that had a face or was born on a Tuesday under a full moon or that our ancient ancestors never had access to etc etc etc) prove not to be sustainable over the long run, leading to failure because you cave. A well-balanced, nutritious meal plan that contains moderate amounts of all the things you like to eat is far superior.

2) TRAINING PROGRAM: Pick a good beginner routine from the workout section stickies. My personal favorite so far is Fierce 5. Follow the program as written. Don't tweak all kinds of things because you think you know better than the program's author. If it managed to become a sticky, it's because they knew what they were doing and took things into account while planning the program that most beginners don't even know about. Some cardio work is fine too.

3) REST: Get adequate rest.

4) SUPPLEMENTS: Again, not essential, unless you need to fill in gaps in your nutrition. A lot of supplements are extraneous and unnecessary if you're already meeting your macronutrient and micronutrient needs. There is a convenience factor of course to things like protein powders, and a good preworkout can help you power through a tough training day, but honestly, starting out, even a preworkout is probably not necessary. You should be able to progress just fine for quite a while without it.
    Better Every Day: A Log About Lifting, Supps, and Life
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174233481

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're new don't worry about supplements. Focus on diet and training as mentioned above. Invest your time and money there.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Start here reading the nutrition section first to calculate your TDEE http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

IIFYM TDEE CALCULATOR

Find a solid training program.

As for supplements here are some basic recommendations
    Whey - Nutrabolics Isobolic, CorWhey, BPI WheyHD/ISO-HD, Blue Star, Animal/Universl Whey, Nutrabolics HYDROPURE
    Creatine - Monohydrate 3-5g daily (Nutrabolics, Allmax, Universal, BB.com)
    Multi-V - (NOW ADAM, Orange Triad, Animal Pak, Gasp Anavite, BB.com MultiCore)
    Fish oil - (Oximega/ Any high quality EPA/DHA/ MuscleTech 4x)
    Preworkout - Nutrabolics SuperNova, STIM-X, C4, CL WF, Blue Star PPK, BPI 1MR)
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paradisefilms View Post
    I'd keep it simple and worry most about your nutrition anfd training mostly.
    As far as supplements now..and really always:
    Protein :to meet needs NOT met through food
    Creatine
    Multi
    Fish oil
    Preworkout

Here are some helpful links to further assist you...GOOD LUCK and Welcome to bodybuilding.com

Total Daily Energy Expenditure Calculator

Nurtient Calculator

Nutrition Section

Calculating Calories/Macros

Workout Forum
    🌠Talk is cheap, Actions are priceless ðŸŒ

ðŸ‹ï¸ TEAM NutraBio

Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would invest in a gym membership in your shoes, OP. Save the supplements until you are used to tracking your food intake down to the gram. Remember

Diet>excercise>rest>supplement

Supplements almost don't make the list.
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*