MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squat Form 185 x 4 check?

Hey there. 5'8, 150. I feel like something is off in my squat but I'm really not sure. I have very tight hip flexors I've been working on and poor mobility overall I've been rectifying the past few weeks. This is the heaviest I've ever gone and it wasn't necessarily hard but I want to see if there are any obvious errors to everyone but me. There's no pain or anything but here are two angles. Thank you!

Squat 185 x 4
    Squat 185 x 3

cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your problem isn't mobility more than likely. You don't seem to get tight before the bar is on your back from what I saw. Also, it looks like your knees are caving in terribly IMO, could do with your seemingly wide high bar squat stance. Bring feet in to shoulder width and 20-30 degree foot angle. Think knees out the whole time and push the knees out. Woul also advise lifting shoes/any non compressible shoe over squatting barefoot and wide. Use the valsalva maneuver (take breath before lifting.) Check out a how to squat video from Mark rippeteoe/Alan Thrall. Future reference also, if you're asking for free advice be generous enough to cut the video to where your lift starts
    "Aesthetics aside, heavier is eventually necessary if stronger is to occur, and once most people see that weight gain actually makes them look better (amazingly enough), they become less resistant to the idea." -Mark Rippetoe

MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MD792 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cartermathis View Post
    Your problem isn't mobility more than likely. You don't seem to get tight before the bar is on your back from what I saw. Also, it looks like your knees are caving in terribly IMO, could do with your seemingly wide high bar squat stance. Bring feet in to shoulder width and 20-30 degree foot angle. Think knees out the whole time and push the knees out. Woul also advise lifting shoes/any non compressible shoe over squatting barefoot and wide. Use the valsalva maneuver (take breath before lifting.) Check out a how to squat video from Mark rippeteoe/Alan Thrall. Future reference also, if you're asking for free advice be generous enough to cut the video to where your lift starts
    Seriously thank you so much for taking the time to check out the videos and explain all of that. I will definitely check out that method. I cut the video until I was at the bar but I'll skip straight to the actual lift next time, I didn't realize how much time went by between entering the rack and the lift beginning. I just recently started watching Alan Thrall's videos hours before lifts but I will pay closer attention and attempt to be more aware through the lift. I'm not sure what gave me the impression the shoe-less was a better idea but I'll definitely go back to what I used before. Thank you again.