siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Ipad decision, anyone use one for training?

I'm about to start as a PT at a new gym and I'm looking to go more paperless, and invest in a convenient ipad. I have just a couple of questions.

1. Do i really need the larger one? or will the 9.7 in be fine.

2. I like the idea of a larger screen, but the 9.7 in has better features such as true tone display, a better camera, better facetime, more data bands, etc.

I'm really just wondering if I need to shell out the extra money for the bigger screen minus the flashy new features that come with the new 9.7inch.

thank you!
    SiC_LoRRainE

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The 10 is harder to use. You almost always have to have it resting on something in order to type. Plus, it's not as private. In a public place, more people can view what you are viewing. It's like carrying a small TV around. But the speakers are very impressive.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should keep old workout journals for several years for liability purposes, and to see how your training style evolves. Stick to paper, it lasts longer.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everything saves to cloud on iPad so it lasts forever too. Also, transfers to all devices so you can view your work from anywhere and any device, plus you can never lose it.

siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) siclorraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I went ahead and got the smaller 9.7inch fits nicely in my hand. Most of the trainers at my gym use a mix of both a clipboard and their ipads that they swear by is much more convenient than having to share the 2 computers at the gym with the other 15 trainers on clock lol

I will do a mix of both paper, and Ipad, thank you for both of your inputs. I also asked around at the gym to see what kind of ipads they were using and most of them said the larger 12inch is unnecessary and a waste of money if I'm just using it for work

Thanks yall!
    SiC_LoRRainE

That is what I thought you meant when you said 9.7 (The screen is 10 but the tablet is 12 in total) That is the one I was commenting about. The smaller one is better. Even better still is the mini. I have all 3 and use them interchangeably dependent on the circumstances.