TLeigh0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tips for Getting Ready at the Gym

Hey ladies, for those of you that workout early in the morning and go to work right after, I'd love to hear your tips and tricks for getting cleaned up and ready to go to work in as little time as possible. Usually my go-to "trick" is to put my hair in a low side ponytail and twist it so that it dries in a spiral curl (I have baby fine hair so this is my one cool trick it does lol). Time to switch it up and improve my morning routine game!

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TLeigh0 View Post
    Hey ladies, for those of you that workout early in the morning and go to work right after, I'd love to hear your tips and tricks for getting cleaned up and ready to go to work in as little time as possible. Usually my go-to "trick" is to put my hair in a low side ponytail and twist it so that it dries in a spiral curl (I have baby fine hair so this is my one cool trick it does lol). Time to switch it up and improve my morning routine game!
    That's a pretty cool trick for the hair!

My gym doesn't have a shower, and I don't drive to work half the year, so I keep a lot of stuff in my office - a set of makeup, brush, body spray deodorant, body wipes. I use the wipes (hand wipes or baby wipes) to clean up before getting dressed. Top with body spray and deodorant and I'm good. If my hair is a real mess, I put it in a high pony or straighten it. Makeup is pretty simple - bb cream, blush, shadow, mascara, tinted lip balm. Takes me about 10 minutes to be ready.
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I put mine in a low bun in the back to get that effect as it dries.

Ladies without shower access, learn to use dry shampoo (and get a good brand, Batiste is awesome), love the stuff.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50) jessswooo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ah I'd love to see some good tips here too.

I shower at the gym after the workout in the morning... Seems like most ladies who do the same we all spend 10min or so in shower and take forever to dry hair and do makeup. I finish up work out by 7:50am and get ready by 8:20, drive 10min to work and it's still before 9. Works for me

I don't really have tips for styling here bc I'm like the lowest maintenance person who still tries to look decent for work. Hair wise, I got straight hair, I just blow dry it or leave it air dry to get different effects haha. If I don't sweat during the workout and my hair's pretty dry/non greasy, I'd tie it into a bun to work.

Although I'd love some tips on how to keep nice work clothes unwrinkled in that tiny locker...

versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) versatilelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My hair is really wavy/curly, so I keep it in a braid until I'm done working out. I also use dry shampoo to take out the moisture if I get real sweaty.

WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WeeRocket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I only train in the mornings during prep, but when I do I bring baby wipes and spare change of clothes. My gym doesn't have a shower so it's the best I can do lol

health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My getting ready consists of walking upstairs from my basement gym and making breakfast in the kitchen. Takes me all of 5 seconds to get from point A to point B.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.