mikeG2413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tight legs and ankle pain during squats.

So i warm up for 10 minutes and do warm up sets before my working sets, but as soon as i start my sets i just don't feel as loose as i should. And recently i've been getting aches in my ankles. I push off my heels, knees track with toes and don't cave in. Is their a certain degree my toes should be pointing out? Ive done between 5 and 45 degrees and i cant tell if their is a difference. I sit a lot during the day I i've read that that causes your legs to get use to that position, making squatting less natural. So are their any good youtube videos that show stretches that i can do every day that improve my hip,knee, and ankle flexibility.

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mikeG2413 View Post
    So i warm up for 10 minutes and do warm up sets before my working sets, but as soon as i start my sets i just don't feel as loose as i should. And recently i've been getting aches in my ankles. I push off my heels, knees track with toes and don't cave in. Is their a certain degree my toes should be pointing out? Ive done between 5 and 45 degrees and i cant tell if their is a difference. I sit a lot during the day I i've read that that causes your legs to get use to that position, making squatting less natural. So are their any good youtube videos that show stretches that i can do every day that improve my hip,knee, and ankle flexibility.
    Try some developmental stretching. You're having this issue because your flexibility isn't very good so your range of movement suffers.

Tight hip flexors are common when people have trouble squatting. Maybe your adductor/abductors are tight?

And as for your toes, as long as your toes aren't pointing inwards, you're fine. Don't overthink your toe positioning.

cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just post a video of your last heavy set of five
    "Aesthetics aside, heavier is eventually necessary if stronger is to occur, and once most people see that weight gain actually makes them look better (amazingly enough), they become less resistant to the idea." -Mark Rippetoe