WhyNoGainz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Need some advice

I have been gaining quite a lot of weight (10-20 lbs) after my bulk and I've realized that my legs almost have become "too big", especially my butt. I have now decided to calm down and then focus more on my upper body, as Summer is coming soon. I also want to cut and focus more on my abs (upper body in general) to have a better physic. I also do volleyball in my freetime so the leg workout is Done there aswell. So my question to you is; should I cut (my weight 190 lbs) and should I take a break with my leg workouts? Also could you recommend me a workout with much muscle mass growth targeted on the upper body?

Thanks in advance.

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WhyNoGainz View Post
    I have been gaining quite a lot of weight (10-20 lbs) after my bulk and I've realized that my legs almost have become "too big", especially my butt. I have now decided to calm down and then focus more on my upper body, as Summer is coming soon. I also want to cut and focus more on my abs (upper body in general) to have a better physic. I also do volleyball in my freetime so the leg workout is Done there aswell. So my question to you is; should I cut (my weight 190 lbs) and should I take a break with my leg workouts? Also could you recommend me a workout with much muscle mass growth targeted on the upper body?

Thanks in advance.
    Volleyball does not count as a lower body workout. Do not neglect your legs. Nobody will tell you to do what you've suggested, it's a terrible idea.

I see, but I have realized that many of my pants look much worse on me that they did way back and it's a kind of negative thing for the wear. My hips are big and most pants for men are not made for that. And im also quite short (180 cm).

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see, but I have realized that many of my pants look much worse on me that they did way back and it's a kind of negative thing for the wear. My hips are big and most pants for men are not made for that. And im also quite short (180 cm).
    ...You're 6 foot tall at 15. You're not "quite short" by any stretch of the imagination.

I know, but I feel like I almost have reached my max length and I won't grow that much anymore.

I know, but I feel like I almost have reached my max length and I won't grow that much anymore.
    6 foot tall is still not short.

Okay then you win. Should I just continue working out as I have done before? Maybe I should cut?

Okay then you win. Should I just continue working out as I have done before? Maybe I should cut?
    I don't know what you look like other than your descriptions... I (and most here) generally tell those under 20 to err on the side of bulking unless they are markedly obese. You do not really usually want to restrict your growth and hormone production at your age. I would bulk. If you feel your upper body lags, it sure does! Mine too, and most peoplewho bulk for the first time, because your legs are used for a lot more and the body will often add muscle there first.

Okay, thanks a lot! I will take your pieces of advice and continue to train !