Page 150 of 187 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 5589
    doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
    i have not , what is that like a gps but better for bikes or something?

It's pretty much trouble free statistic cycling. Turn by turn. Get you home if lost. Instant strava upload. Connects with zero fuss to all your sensors. I think it has dropped in price too.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    I looked back at my first 2 month of riding. The speed your cardio increases is mental.

I rode 5.5 mile on my first ride and honestly thought I was gonna die when I got home.
    Very true. My sister lives ~15 miles away and riding to her house was my very first long ride. I rode to her house on my MTB bike it took what seemed all day. I remember getting there and being exhausted and dying for water. I contemplated Ubering back because I was that Sore / beat and didn’t think I’d make it back before it got dark. I made it back after dark and I was totally whipped.

Now it’s a very easy ~hour and a half ride round trip.

It's pretty much trouble free statistic cycling. Turn by turn. Get you home if lost. Instant strava upload. Connects with zero fuss to all your sensors. I think it has dropped in price too.
    I have a basic Garmin Edge 25 that gives me all the info I need that was a gift from my wife (she got it to work with the Garmin radar taillight that she gave me). It does turn by turn, but you have to preload the route from Garmin Connect which isn’t a big deal (if you go off course it doesn’t tell you how to get back, you can see the route but you have to figure out how to get back). Not a huge deal usually but I was riding with my daughter through a tricky residential area to avoid a busy road and missed one turn and the map doesn’t show any detail so we had to backtrack to find the right turn.

Some times the road choices on Garmin are downright unsafe. The roads around here that I know, I can account for but when I did my century I was on a couple of narrow shoulderless 2 lane US Highways with lots of semi traffic & a gravel road with tennis ball sized gravel on a slick road tire. Scary asf.

Ive always wanted a turn by turn / return home GPS that routed me on road bike safe (Or at least have the option for less traveled roads) so that I could have some more flexibility when riding.

In search of truth SkepticalOne's Avatar
    SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkepticalOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wasp9166 View Post
    what is that on your handlebars? i been trying to use fitbit to track my miles but you gota keep phone in pocket and it goes out of sync alot, it's bs to be honest

waste of fkn money
    That's a small bell on the left side ( https://www.knog.com/category/produc...v=3a1ed7090bfa ) and a Shimano electronic shifter for my gears on the right side...I can use my thumb to shift up or down as I am climbing, holding the bars. The thing in the middle is a Garmin Bike Computer (GPS basically).

ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SkepticalOne View Post
    That's a small bell on the left side ( https://www.knog.com/category/produc...v=3a1ed7090bfa ) and a Shimano electronic shifter for my gears on the right side...I can use my thumb to shift up or down as I am climbing, holding the bars. The thing in the middle is a Garmin Bike Computer (GPS basically).
    Thanks for the link. I’m assuming it’s decent. Was looking at the Spurcycle Bike Bell. All the Karen’s around here are walking in the middle of the road. Had to pass some sloots walking 4 wide with their dogs, in the gutter and then they called me an *******.
    Last edited by ChewYourFood; 05-09-2020 at 09:44 PM.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Got my bonus at work the other day... trying to decide if I want to drop it on a newer ride. Looking at a few of the Treks and Santa Cruz lines. A buddy of mine just got a Megatower... Anyone have thoughts in regards to something like the Slash vs santa cruz? Heard great things about the ebikes too
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone here use the Shimano opti-slick shifter cables? I noticed some fraying on my old cable so decided on the upgrade to opti-slick based on insanely good reviews. Can't wait to hook em up.

Currently awaiting these shipments:
    New 32t chainring
    New xt lever
    New opti-slick shifter/dropper cables
    New brake pads
    New pump mount for frame

All wear and tear replacements. Can't even imagine paying a shop for general maintenance, would cost a fortune.
    Spoiler alert; you die at the end.

RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RobParks2M has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    Stop being a pussy and get a hardcore mountain bike?
    What do you consider a hardcore mountain bike?
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    "the personification of greatness"

HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    What do you consider a hardcore mountain bike?
    I love my Santa Cruz. It's in aluminum Bronson and it gets the job done. My recommendation is to buy something with at least 5" of travel so that the bike can ride almost literally everything.

While awaiting delivery of all the parts for my Bronson, I decided to swap the 11sp drivetrain over to my single speed hardtail temporarily. Using gears on that bike makes me ride it so much slower it's actually mind blowing LOL. Lost 2mph on my home trails today using it.

Discovered the derailleur hanger on my Bronson is obviously bent because the shifting is WAY smoother on the hardtail than it was with the exact drivetrain on the Bronson.... I'll try and bend it back today but not very hopeful.

From my home trail sunrise shred:

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am selling my tri-bike hoping to buy me a MTB

I am not doing triathlons anymore so it make sense to transition to something different
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    I am selling my tri-bike hoping to buy me a MTB

I am not doing triathlons anymore so it make sense to transition to something different
    Nice! What do you have in mind?

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't see myself doing jumps and stuff like that so I will prob go with a hardtail 29 - fatbikes are also a TON of fun so maybe I give that a try.

I have a gravel bike now that is doing some of what I want to do but there are some trail where a mtb could make the experience a lot better.

Originally Posted by camaleom View Post
    I don't see myself doing jumps and stuff like that so I will prob go with a hardtail 29 - fatbikes are also a TON of fun so maybe I give that a try.

I have a gravel bike now that is doing some of what I want to do but there are some trail where a mtb could make the experience a lot better.
    If you're the type of person to spend tons of time in the saddle, I'd say to go for a full sus cross-country bike.

Hopefully this sticks!

I for one welcome our ebike overlords.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/14/2...ist-pedestrian

Bicycles are the ideal mode of transportation as cities emerge from quarantine, made even more appealing now that summer is approaching in the US and Europe. They’re fast, comfortable, convenient, and allow you to socially distance while being active. When paired with an electric motor, e-bikes can make even long commutes a relaxing and sweat-free experience. They also help maintain the dramatic air quality improvements seen in cities around the world since coronavirus confinements began.

I see a lot of hate toward e-bikes but like u I like the idea - saves money, less traffic, plus you can exercise as well. This is the way to go for states where weather is not an issue and ever mid-west states where we can ride 8-10 months out the year.

On a great note: my body (60+ yo) had a heart attack (riding his bike) and thanks got he was able to ask for help and now after almost a year he is back at riding but now due to his heart condition he uses a e-bike!

Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Exiled93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    @HMFIC_BROWSIN

You recommended me the new fuse comp 29er in another thread - all my local bike shops are out of stock of that atm, out of stock of most bikes due to demand right now.

I saw this on craigslist. https://norfolk.craigslist.org/bik/d...120853059.html

From what I can tell it's the 2019 model rockhopper 29er which is a much cheaper/beginner level option. The only reason this one seems appealing is because of the upgrades they have done to it.

Dropper post and set up tubeless and bars/stem

Comparing this to the fuse it looks like the biggest different is the suspension? Do you think it would be a decent buy if I got this and upgraded to the air fork the comp has? The air fork would be $250.

Or should I just wait until the comp gets back in stock?

Originally Posted by Exiled93 View Post
    @HMFIC_BROWSIN

You recommended me the new fuse comp 29er in another thread - all my local bike shops are out of stock of that atm, out of stock of most bikes due to demand right now.

From what I can tell it's the 2019 model rockhopper 29er which is a much cheaper/beginner level option. The only reason this one seems appealing is because of the upgrades they have done to it.

Dropper post and set up tubeless and bars/stem

Comparing this to the fuse it looks like the biggest different is the suspension? Do you think it would be a decent buy if I got this and upgraded to the air fork the comp has? The air fork would be $250.

Or should I just wait until the comp gets back in stock?
    I'd wait for the comp to restock.

That used one looks small, Not sure how tall you are? $800 for a used mountain bike of that caliber seems like a rip off. Also, the frame geometry isn't going to be as versatile on the used bike as it is on the fuse. I'd wait.

Went to a shop yesterday and they were basically sold out of bikes lol! Crazy

I have 3 blown spokes on the rear wheel of my hard tail now. Endless maintenance.

Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post
    If you're the type of person to spend tons of time in the saddle, I'd say to go for a full sus cross-country bike.
    I would argue the opposite and say go hard tail. If you're always sitting, you are not jumping/dropping/flying over gnarly rooty pot holed filled trails where full suspension makes sense. Full suspension also robs you of pedaling power, spending time in the saddle usually means XC style riding which means lots of pedaling. Most people I see using full suspension on my local trails are not putting any of that to use.

Originally Posted by Exiled93 View Post
    @HMFIC_BROWSIN
    I agree with HMFIC_BROWSIN, I would pass on this. Most of those upgrades are moot. Dropper posts are amazing, I can never ride without one again. But they can be bought for cheaper. Tubeless tires are great until you have to change them or repair a spoke. I don't know if the rims are tubeless but conversion setups can be a royal pain to inflate a flat tire (if you burp the tire or tear the tire). Chain isn't going to make a difference. Pedals are nice. Bars and stem are nice too, my preferred setup but it changes the handling characteristics. Hard to tell, could be the camera angle, but the head tube angle on that bike looks scary.

Here is the thing though. $800 bike, $600 in upgrades, then you want to spend $250 in more upgrades = spending $1650 on a $800 bike to try and make it something it wasn't.
    You're so much better off buying a properly built bike in the beginning than investing tons of money to try and make it into something it wasn't intended to be.(I learned this the hard way myself)
    Last edited by Slie; 05-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.

Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000) Daegus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone using a road bike as a commuter? Follow up question is how are you carrying work out clothes/work clothes, shoes, etc? I was debating getting seat post rack that can hold 20-25 lbs and find a way to put a container or bag on it to carry my stuff.
    US Army

Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Seatard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Slie View Post
    I would argue the opposite and say go hard tail. If you're always sitting, you are not jumping/dropping/flying over gnarly rooty pot holed filled trails where full suspension makes sense. Full suspension also robs you of pedaling power, spending time in the saddle usually means XC style riding which means lots of pedaling. Most people I see using full suspension on my local trails are not putting any of that use.
    There are trade offs and it's such a personal choice and dependent on type of trails and length of ride.

I'm riding a full suspension Santa Cruz Blur, no dropper post. Big improvement in traction and comfort over a hard tail on anything but the smoothest trail. The bike has dual lockouts and pedaling efficiency is about the same either way while sitting. Love the lockouts for standing climbs. I still have a hard tail that I ride occasionally on the nearby trails, but they are also smooth enough for a cyclocross bike which I prefer over front suspended wide tires in those conditions.

No right or wrong, just that short travel full susp XC bikes are fantastic.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Daegus View Post
    Anyone using a road bike as a commuter? Follow up question is how are you carrying work out clothes/work clothes, shoes, etc? I was debating getting seat post rack that can hold 20-25 lbs and find a way to put a container or bag on it to carry my stuff.
    Buy a hybrid

I work 2 miles from the office so I coast over in whatever Im wearing.

Worked with a guy years ago that commuted 35 miles each way. He brought a set of clothes / shoes and left them at the office. He used a dry cleaner that picked up and delivered from/to the office. He rode in kitted up, took a shower and shaved at the office, got dressed in a suit / tie, at the end of the day he kitted up and rode off.

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So I did the longest, most difficult trail ride yet. More steep up and downs, this one hill I usually walk my bike up but I went for it today and made it to the top without stopping or getting off my bike, the back tire was losing traction but still somehow did it. That was the hardest part by far...Got that second wind endorphin high and continued riding for another hour and a half. Total ride was two hours, took one 10 min break at about halfway point. Lotta people on the trial because its a Saturday...One group saw me go into the "no bike zone" but they were cool. I could hear them talking about me though cuz they were behind me on the trial, they thought I wasn't gonna make it and stop, then they were surprised when I kept going.

The last part of the ride was the fun part, I MOBBED downhill like a mofo, some people didn't see me till I was close and luckily got out of the way, I said "thank you" as I passed then there were two cows which I spooked and they sprinted off like idiots strait into a pond, one guy started laughing as I passed, must have hit 40mph downhill, back tire slid out for a second, was a fukin blast lol.

Bottom of the no bike trail, then it loops around and you gotta go back up a steep incline which is also a no bike trail. There are trails up to those big rocks too that you can climb on.
    Last edited by dopamine72; 05-16-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    So I did the longest, most difficult trail ride yet. More steep up and downs, this one hill I usually walk my bike up but I went for it today and made it to the top without stopping or getting off my bike, the back tire was losing traction but still somehow did it. That was the hardest part by far...Got that second wind endorphin high and continued riding for another hour and a half. Total ride was two hours, took one 10 min break at about halfway point. Lotta people on the trial because its a Saturday...One group saw me go into the "no bike zone" but they were cool. I could hear them talking about me though cuz they were behind me on the trial, they thought I wasn't gonna make it and stop, then they were surprised when I kept going.

The last part of the ride was the fun part, I MOBBED downhill like a mofo, some people didn't see me till I was close and luckily got out of the way, I said "thank you" as I passed then there were two cows which I spooked and they sprinted off like idiots strait into a pond, one guy started laughing as I passed, must have hit 40mph downhill, back tire slid out for a second, was a fukin blast lol.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pLKCItf.jpg[/ig]

Bottom of the no bike trail, then it loops around and you gotta go back up a steep incline which is also a no bike trail. There are trails up to those big rocks too that you can climb on.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/DS2ZdDu.jpg[/ig]
    Brutiful

Originally Posted by Slie View Post
    I would argue the opposite and say go hard tail. If you're always sitting, you are not jumping/dropping/flying over gnarly rooty pot holed filled trails where full suspension makes sense. Full suspension also robs you of pedaling power, spending time in the saddle usually means XC style riding which means lots of pedaling. Most people I see using full suspension on my local trails are not putting any of that to use.
    Originally Posted by Seatard View Post
    There are trade offs and it's such a personal choice and dependent on type of trails and length of ride.

No right or wrong, just that short travel full susp XC bikes are fantastic.
    Agree.

If I know I'm doing a 40 mile trail day, I'll take my 150mm full suspension bike over my hardtail every time.

I'm in love with my hardtail, but mainly prefer it on shorter days. It takes a lot out of me (endurance-wise) compared to my comfy suspension bike. the hardtail climbs faster, but my legs are doing all the work.

Do not get a rack that attaches to your seat post. If you do that and you put some weight in it, it will cause a flexing feeling to your bike when you're pedaling or When the bike is swaying.Try to find a rack that attaches to frame mounts or quick release axle mounts. I use the AXIOM rack from amazon on my quick release axles and it has never been an issue. Back when I use to use a Seat post rack it was very uncomfortable and caused the bike to have a weird flex feeling. I just use a small trunk bag because my commute is not very far usually never more than 7 miles. I have some removable saddle bags that I can use for groceries but most of the time they are not on the bike.

Also, if you want to designate this road bike to be a full commuter, put some flat Handle bars on it and it will feel really stable even with a lot of weight in the rear bag.

Will never get pics as good as skeptical. But few pics from today’s ride.

smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smsg112 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always see this thread but have never jumped in.

I have been riding and racing mountain bikes for 19 years - spent many Summers in Whistler riding and coaching.

Here is a random vid from 6 years ago. Probably have more pics/vids I could dig up

https://www.********.com/plugins/vid...F&show_text=0&

dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dopamine72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Will never get pics as good as skeptical. But few pics from today’s ride.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ti3iXFO.jpg[img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/mkf3pGw.jpg[img]
    I really want a roadbike I can't imagine how much faster you can go on one of those, must be fun.
    Originally Posted by smsg112 View Post
    I have been riding and racing mountain bikes for 19 years - spent many Summers in Whistler riding and coaching.
    Here is a random vid from 6 years ago. Probably have more pics/vids I could dig up
    [video]https://www.********.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.********.com%2Fja cob.coles.98%2Fvideos%2F10152253653655356%2F&show_ text=0&[video]
    Dope AF! Would love to find a trail like that...
    Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139898123&page=240

Originally Posted by smsg112 View Post

https://www.********.com/plugins/vid...F&show_text=0&

Welcome. Post as many as you want. This thread was thriving with activity in 2017. I have not been back long. Luckily it is still going and the posters are really helpful and pretty well into bikes.

Originally Posted by dopamine72 View Post
    I really want a roadbike I can't imagine how much faster you can go on one of those, must be fun.
    I couldn’t think of anything worse living right on the coastal borders of the Uk with so many car less farm roads, than trying to ride them on a mountain bike.

I rode 40 mile today and a mate rode his mountain bike on the road the same distance yesterday. I halved his time.

And I really really must highlight. I am very slow in comparison to many other regular riders. My average varies between 15-17mph per ride.

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Archangel_Lost has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    just got a bike right before 'rona happened and all bikes sold out everywhere.... vilano hybrid, been riding it on some in-town paved trails 3ish times a week. Fun times.

Is it worth upgrading pedals if I'm just sticking with flat pedals? Was looking at some shimano ones but afraid all they'll dew is chew up my shoes and wallet for no real benefit.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.