Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1180
    atlas2199 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help Required from the Grand Master Historians of Gym Equipment

I have seen this machine a few times. It appears to be some form of pendulum squat/swing squat/plyo squat machine. It is found at LVAC in las vegas. The actual "carriage" of the machine says "COMPETITION". The font looks similar to that of the HQ LINE machines. If anyone could figure out what this machine is and let me know that would be great. I have found no information aside from images about this machine so this is truly a job for the Grand Master Historians of Gym Equipment. I do not need to know if it is for sale anywhere. Just what company and line of equipment it is from as well as the general time frame from when it was in production or from when that company was active.

It is present in this video (sorry cannot post links or images yet):
    Youtube
    Channel: Mountain Dog (John Meadows)
    Video Title: "Brutal Quad & Calf Workout For Some Crazy "Mass""
    It is the squat machine that they use from 15:00 - 18:00

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by atlas2199 View Post
    I have seen this machine a few times. It appears to be some form of pendulum squat/swing squat/plyo squat machine. It is found at LVAC in las vegas. The actual "carriage" of the machine says "COMPETITION". The font looks similar to that of the HQ LINE machines. If anyone could figure out what this machine is and let me know that would be great. I have found no information aside from images about this machine so this is truly a job for the Grand Master Historians of Gym Equipment. I do not need to know if it is for sale anywhere. Just what company and line of equipment it is from as well as the general time frame from when it was in production or from when that company was active.

Youtube
    That is some version of a swing squat. I see the name Randy Coyle when I search. Some discussion here.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...62753&page=107
    See post 3198.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For anyone wondering, the Randy Coyle Swing Squat is still being made. Here's a link https://swingsquat.com . I don't know if there's one still there but Strong & Shapely Gym in East Rutherford, NJ has or used to have one. I used it back in the day and it's a wonderful piece. Rumor is that their Swing Squat was one of the first ever produced.

BTW, that's not a Coyle Swing Squat in the John Meadows video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0L3Z9insW4) as far as I know. Definitely a Swing Squat but not a Coyle. Looks great though. I'm also curious who made it, as I've only seen Coyle's and then a bunch of Pendulums.

nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by atlas2199 View Post

Youtube

That is a rare one! Nick in Miami is the only one I know personally that has this version of swing squat. Apparently it was made locally in NV area and only for a short time. Name of company was "Competition." Would love someone to remake this. I like the design more than Randy's.

FitNick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nnclark11 View Post
    That is a rare one! Nick in Miami is the only one I know personally that has this version of swing squat. Apparently it was made locally in NV area and only for a short time. Name of company was "Competition." Would love someone to remake this. I like the design more than Randy's.
    Best leg piece in my gym. Used it at LVAC and got lucky to get one. The company was out of LV and I think went out of business in the late 90s/early 2000s. They made some other pieces, one was a massive standing calf that I saw at Strong and Shapely gym.

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FitNick View Post
    Best leg piece in my gym. Used it at LVAC and got lucky to get one. The company was out of LV and I think went out of business in the late 90s/early 2000s. They made some other pieces, one was a massive standing calf that I saw at Strong and Shapely gym.
    Nick, do you mind sharing the name of your gym? I ask not only out of curiosity but because I'd love to try the piece we're discussing and if I'm ever in Miami I'd hit up that gym just try the piece out.

About Strong & Shapely...it was one of, if not the best gym I've ever been to in terms of the equipment selection. When I was there Bob Bonham was the owner. Sadly, he's passed. I believe the gym has had two different owners since. I'm sure it's still great but I haven't been in years.

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cross Axes upper body movements

Observe at time slot 4:42 thru 6:07 of the video below, how Jay Cutler’s and Mike Farnsworth’s deltoids “mound up” when contracting through the plane through their origin and insertion through a circular load path through the shoulder joints.

Just as Chrysler’s hemispherical combustion chambers were inherently more efficient than their competitors ‘wedge’ shaped combustion chambers, so to the circular load paths introduced to the industry by Cross Axes Tech are inherently more efficient at loading the upper body pressing and pulling movements. It might be added that they also yield a greater total range of motion too.

While many manufacturers are now introducing this technology on their new machines (just as other car manufacturers started building ‘hemi’ engines once Chrysler’s patents had expired), Cross Axes Tech still remains, not only the original, but far and away, the heaviest in construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsyCpOiufY&t=359s

cstung is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey HealthNutMD
    I'm wondering what you think about the Panatta's plate-loaded leg compound machines if you had to choose one to supplement leg curl and leg extension? I'm trying to decide between the Panatta's Super Pendulum squat, Power Squat, Hack and Leg Press Bridge. Not sure if you had a chance to try the Pendulum yet? The linkage system seems very promising

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Congratulations Arthur Barrios

Don't be deceived by the "CROSS AXES TECH" label on this seated leg press, the machine is actually a "LAMB Bodybuilding Machines L-4000RB" seated leg press machine. You can tell be the heavy walled tubular moving parts. All of the old Lamb machines used 2.5" diameter pipe for their effort arms. Back in about the year 2000 I broke my 2.5" pipe bending machine, since that time I redesigned the moving parts on the machines which I moved from the old LAMB line to the CROSS AXES TECH line.

This machine was the last configuration of the LAMB L-4000RB seated leg press (there were four different configurations over its 15 year history). This machine was built for personal use, and has been in my basement since it was built back then. Just last year I built a number of smaller lighter machines for use in our basement gym (one of which was a seated leg press). I just sold this machine to a collector named Arthur Barrios.

At his request it was finished in red upholstery on a chrome bronze frame.

I appologize for the upside down pictures, I have tried 10 times to correct it, but the software will not let me. Perhaps they can be ‘downloaded’ and rotated.

Don't be deceived by the CROSS AXES TECH label on this B-5000 Pullunder machine, this is an original LAMB Bodybuilding Machines B-5000 Pullunder. Recently sold to Arthur Barrios (a collector in California).

Once again, I apologize in advance for the random orientations of the pictures placed through the "Postimages" hosting services. Perhaps the images can be "downloaded and rotated".