Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronGym2005 View Post
    My friend Ron Partlow from Mutant Supplements did a Mutant on a Mission series at the Atlantis Gym in Laval Quebec. He ended up ordering a few pieces from them, one being the PW series horizontal chest (he told me it was the best horizontal chest he's every used, subtle convergence and lots of adjustability). He also said the Atlantis swing squat is great and crazy popular at his gym. I personally don't have an incline machine, I prefer barbell inclines to any machine I've used so far, but I have a feeling that PW Atlantis incline would likely be a good purchase for me as I really don't like the extreme convergence found on most chest press machines.
    IronGym2005,
    Yes I love his Youtube series Mutant on a Mission- and I know that video well I think I've replayed it 20 times! I live near STL and the US distributor of Atlantis is "Show me Weights" in Fenton MO. I've bought probably close to 10 machines from them so far- my most recent purchase from them included a Nautilus SP08 pullover in mint condition. Supposedly there is a gym "Fit City" in downtown STL about 30-45 mins from me that has a lot of the Atlantis pieces including plate load and selectorized - never been there. Unfortunately they don't have the PW-443 incline but do have the P-443 which is the one that is more "horizontal" and one that was previously (or still) highly ranked on the CNO list last time I checked. PW-443 is more vertical like the original hammer incline piece.

What is strange also now that I re-watched the Mutant Atlantis video is now it seems with Ron the incline was low angle as well, plus like you said there is definitely very subtle convergence.

Let me ask about a hypothesis I have - do longer-arm/taller people probably prefer less convergence and shorter armed people like more convergence as a general rule? Unfortunately it seems like this would be near-impossible to make the convergence angle adjustable on-the-fly without sacrificing something like stability or handle position, etc on "pivot" style machines such as hammer/nebula/atlantis/etc. The pivot axes would both have to be adjustable on it's own perpendicular axis which seems a recipe for disaster. It seems Panatta could possibly put a crank or worm gear drive mechanism on the crossbeams of their new "Power Smith Machine Dual Upper" to make slight angular adjustment to achieve this effect.

Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Funny, I've been thinking the same thing. I have short arms and find the Panatta Power Dual Smith machines at the gym to be off for my shoulders. As you said, I tend to like more convergence. But I also have very asymmetrically mobile shoulders so it may just be me.

Originally Posted by adawg837 View Post
    IronGym2005,
    Yes I love his Youtube series Mutant on a Mission- and I know that video well I think I've replayed it 20 times! I live near STL and the US distributor of Atlantis is "Show me Weights" in Fenton MO. I've bought probably close to 10 machines from them so far- my most recent purchase from them included a Nautilus SP08 pullover in mint condition. Supposedly there is a gym "Fit City" in downtown STL about 30-45 mins from me that has a lot of the Atlantis pieces including plate load and selectorized - never been there. Unfortunately they don't have the PW-443 incline but do have the P-443 which is the one that is more "horizontal" and one that was previously (or still) highly ranked on the CNO list last time I checked. PW-443 is more vertical like the original hammer incline piece.

What is strange also now that I re-watched the Mutant Atlantis video is now it seems with Ron the incline was low angle as well, plus like you said there is definitely very subtle convergence.

Let me ask about a hypothesis I have - do longer-arm/taller people probably prefer less convergence and shorter armed people like more convergence as a general rule? Unfortunately it seems like this would be near-impossible to make the convergence angle adjustable on-the-fly without sacrificing something like stability or handle position, etc on "pivot" style machines such as hammer/nebula/atlantis/etc. The pivot axes would both have to be adjustable on it's own perpendicular axis which seems a recipe for disaster. It seems Panatta could possibly put a crank or worm gear drive mechanism on the crossbeams of their new "Power Smith Machine Dual Upper" to make slight angular adjustment to achieve this effect.

Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000) Afo3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by imth View Post
    I see u have tried both Panatta T-BAR ROW and Prime Extreme row, which one feels better?
    I am sure the answer is not going to be the Prime Extreme row. Unfortunately it just isn't quite right. The bench is great (really they should sell it as a stand-alone product for chest supported rows) but the lever angles are way off for using it as intended. I've seen some folks try kneeling in the seat which looks more plausible. But with the default setup (seated facing the chest pad) on the Extreme Row it is a weird angle upper back row. I'm pretty sure I recall HealthnutMD not caring for it either in his write-up.

The Panatta T-Bar row is an impressive piece, I've played with it a bit at DMV Iron gym. The bolt that selects between bilateral and unilateral is impressive. It feels like a good piece for a more traditional bent over lat focused row but I couldn't extensively test it as the bent over position just doesn't go well with my sciatica.

sdevdutt41 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I haven't tried the new Watson Animal inverted leg press, but TK Star Inverted Leg Press looks to be the best biomechanically. MI40 Gym in Tampa likely has the Watson Animal Inverted Leg Press because Ben Pakulski was involved with the design. However TK Star Inverted Leg Press seems to have gotten the Pad angles and all of the frame angles perfect.

Not sure if you have other pieces already spoken for or this is the full extent of what you plan to get but you are leaving out some really good pieces in each vendor's line-up with these choices. I.e. most folks would say Prime Plate Loaded Row is a very good, unique Prime Piece if you are already ordering from them. As IronGym said, the Watson Animal T-Bar row is also a great piece if you are already going to be ordering things from Watson.

I have no hands on experience with Atlantis but a lot of Prime experience. I like the Prime Pullover and plan to order it myself. That said, I haven't used the Panatta one yet and I doubt almost anyone has. Perhaps let the two compete on price against each other to make some of these decisions where both options are clearly very good.

I did not like the Prime Plate Loaded Incline Press at all. Now I'm a smaller person so perhaps it would be different if I was a very wide guy but I thought the Prime Hybrid Incline was much, much better. It also provides a neutral grip option and a foot lever and I would bet has a little more convergence than the Plate Loaded. I compared them back to back at Saiyan.

Prime Hybrid Shoulder vs. Panatta Deltoid press - I think almost everyone would agree the Panatta piece has better mechanics but the question is going to be how much you value a variable resistance curve. I'm not sure I see a ton of value in variable resistance on this would so would probably go with Panatta but honestly I always find shoulder press machines feel much worse on my shoulders than DBs so I'm not really the target market.

Leg curl - Go with Prime for adjustability and variable resistance curve.

Preacher - haven't used the Atlantis one but the Prime one is extremely nice. But, you might get more mileage with a Prime plate loaded bicep curl. The Preacher stand was about $1K and the PL curl about $2K so it isn't that much more.

Originally Posted by imth View Post
    Hello guys, i am about to open my own gym in Bulgaria and i need few advices about new equipment so my main question is :

If u have to choice one machine , what it will be ?....

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A couple of thoughts and questions. Those who've used the Panatta Chest T-Bar Row, how is in terms of placing strain on the low back? Looks like it could cause some trouble if going heavy.

Long-armed fellow here, and most of the converging machines almost always end up with the hands too far apart at the bottom for me and inevitably aggravate my POS shoulders. Even the very popular Hammer Strength Incline which so many love. Even the Flex PL Incline hurt these shoulders. Only one that i could somewhat comfortably use was Nautilus's Nitro PL Incline but with a neutral grip. Flex's Seated Chest Presses machine was good too in that respect. I love what Panatta is doing with their various Smith upper body movements but again, that convergence at the bottom looks like it could put a hurting on the ole rotators if one is nursing them. Would love to hear someone give feedback regarding this.

The fact that Panatta is the only one, or one of the few that has done a docking bench for their Smiths is wonderful. My only question is WTF took so long? Been wishing for this for a while. Would save time also. IMO all of the big names should be doing this for Smiths and Racks (at an added cost of course).

IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    IronGym2005,

Mutant on a Mission is also one of my favourites. My gym was also featured on the show, so I am a bit biased, lol, but I think Ron Partlow is an amazing ambassador for body-building, and I am fortunate to have known him for the better part of 2 decades.

I personally prefer less convergence on pressing exercises. I'm only 5'10, so not what I would consider tall, but I have longish arms. Too much convergence means my elbows feel in a very delicate position through the bottom of the range of motion, something I don't at all want. Shorter arms would not notice this to the degree that I do. As for machine having adjustable convergence I think it would be possible, especially on a Hammer Strength style machine it could be done with the addition of a pec-deck style turntable and pop pin.

adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adawg837 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mutant on a Mission is also one of my favourites. My gym was also featured on the show, so I am a bit biased, lol, but I think Ron Partlow is an amazing ambassador for body-building, and I am fortunate to have known him for the better part of 2 decades.

I personally prefer less convergence on pressing exercises. I'm only 5'10, so not what I would consider tall, but I have longish arms. Too much convergence means my elbows feel in a very delicate position through the bottom of the range of motion, something I don't at all want. Shorter arms would not notice this to the degree that I do. As for machine having adjustable convergence I think it would be possible, especially on a Hammer Strength style machine it could be done with the addition of a pec-deck style turntable and pop pin.
    Oh yeah I remember your gym too- you had the blue hammer pieces. Lots of awesome equipment there! You definitely spent a lot of time and energy collecting and building an awesome well-thought out gym. I just wish I had a freight elevator down to my home basement gym like you have!

On the subject of hammer- I have a few pieces including the seemingly never discussed and underrated super horizontal calf- I like it as it doesn't put any pressure/strain on the back like standing calf raise. It is ridiculous from a footprint standpoint but I still like it! Mine has a super firm backrest- very good support for the back.

I kept trying a hammer incline but just couldn't get a good feel for it for some reason.

On the convergence- I agree I'm about same height as you. Yes that is exactly what I was picturing in my head- maybe stops to keep the range of adjustment within sane limits and to keep from injuring oneself. The main problem I see is some idiot trying to adjust the pivot axis with fully loaded weight horns and things just flopping around as soon as the pop pin left the detent. Looney toons scene pops in my brain. There is also the issue of the bumper stop position if you changed the angle too much.

MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

I came across this site yesterday and decided to join Bodybuilding.com just to hang out here.

I´ve seen that Gymleco has been discussed shortly here in this forum. The brand is definitely on the rise, and gyms like Destination Dallas and Prophecy Performance Center (Nathan De Asha´s gym) have introduced Gymleco machines for their members.

My first introduction to Gymleco was their 021 Chest Press. Even at 15 years old with zero knowledge I acknowledged the quality. I have never tried the Flex Chest Press, however I´ve read several times that the Gymleco is superior.

I also think that the 050 Biceps Machine used by Larry Wheels looks interesting. Take a look at the pin loaded version. The stack looks super sweet. They call it the Rolls Royce of biceps machines.

My general opinion on Gymleco is that they have a couple of golden machines, but they lack consistency and their machines are not exactly beautiful. However I like their hardcore stacks on their pin loaded machines, they are awesome. But besides there is no luxury feel like the Panatta´s. This is also shown in their prices. Last time I checked with a distributor here in Norway you could buy their 021 Chest Press for around 1500 dollars, which is less than half of the Panatta Vertical Chest Press? (correct me if I´m wrong).
    Last edited by MisterMagoo93; 10-28-2020 at 12:51 PM.

IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IronGym2005 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MisterMagoo93 View Post
    Hi,

I came across this site yesterday and decided to join Bodybuilding.com just to hang out here.

I´ve seen that Gymleco has been discussed shortly here in this forum. The brand is definitely on the rise, and gyms like Destination Dallas and Prophecy Performance Center (Nathan De Asha´s gym) have introduced Gymleco machines for their members.

My first introduction to Gymleco was their 021 Chest Press. Even at 15 years old with zero knowledge I acknowledged the quality. I have never tried the Flex Chest Press, however I´ve read several times that the Gymleco is superior.

I also think that the 050 Biceps Machine used by Larry Wheels looks interesting. Take a look at the pin loaded version. The stack looks super sweet. They call it the Rolls Royce of biceps machines.

My general opinion on Gymleco is that they have a couple of golden machines, but they lack consistency and their machines are not exactly beautiful. However I like their hardcore stacks on their pin loaded machines, they are awesome. But besides there is no luxury feel like the Panatta´s. This is also shown in their prices. Last time I checked with a distributor here in Norway you could buy their 021 Chest Press for around 1500 dollars, which is less than half of the Panatta Vertical Chest Press? (correct me if I´m wrong).
    I personally don't care for a "beautiful" look or a "luxury" feel, all I want is a machine that gives me the movement pattern and resistance I am after, while being solid, simple, reasonably adjustable, and easily maintained. I would love to try out some Gymleco stuff, a few pieces look very good to my eye, especially the plate load adjustable fly. If anyone has used it or can video it I would really appreciate it. I would like to see the adjustability of it.

Oh yeah I remember your gym too- you had the blue hammer pieces. Lots of awesome equipment there! You definitely spent a lot of time and energy collecting and building an awesome well-thought out gym. I just wish I had a freight elevator down to my home basement gym like you have!

On the subject of hammer- I have a few pieces including the seemingly never discussed and underrated super horizontal calf- I like it as it doesn't put any pressure/strain on the back like standing calf raise. It is ridiculous from a footprint standpoint but I still like it! Mine has a super firm backrest- very good support for the back.

I kept trying a hammer incline but just couldn't get a good feel for it for some reason.

On the convergence- I agree I'm about same height as you. Yes that is exactly what I was picturing in my head- maybe stops to keep the range of adjustment within sane limits and to keep from injuring oneself. The main problem I see is some idiot trying to adjust the pivot axis with fully loaded weight horns and things just flopping around as soon as the pop pin left the detent. Looney toons scene pops in my brain. There is also the issue of the bumper stop position if you changed the angle too much.
    Thanks very much. It has definitely been a labour of love, and a constant evolution as my experiences,and injuries dictate my needs regarding equipment.

Yeah, it would definitely need to be designed with caution and safety in mind. Always assume people will do the dumbest thing imaginable, and you will never be disappointed.

Always assume people will do the dumbest thing imaginable, and you will never be disappointed.
    Best quote ever! Works for so many things- customers, employees, and especially americans (I can say that, I am american🤠).

MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterMagoo93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

I personally don't care for a "beautiful" look or a "luxury" feel, all I want is a machine that gives me the movement pattern and resistance I am after, while being solid, simple, reasonably adjustable, and easily maintained. I would love to try out some Gymleco stuff, a few pieces look very good to my eye, especially the plate load adjustable fly. If anyone has used it or can video it I would really appreciate it. I would like to see the adjustability of it.
    Hi @IronGym2005! I love your gym. A true favorite in the series. My dream is to leave my accountant job and open a gym where every piece is hand-picked. You are truly an inspiration, and this forum is very helpful.

I do agree that your criterias are the most important when selecting gym equipment. However I pictured my dream scenario, and the "luxury" feel is for me the icing on the cake. Without a budget (which is rarely the case for a niche gym owner), I would prefer to select equipment with your criterias + the luxury feel of for example gas assistance. There is probably a better word for this than "luxury", but that was the word I used.

On Gymleco's: the rubber the seat is adjusted on will be pretty beat up after a couple of years. Every time someone adjust the seat the rubber will take a hit, and after some time it will look pretty bad. If on a budget these things matter less, and the Gymleco's do have a strong argument of being high in value for money. Most of the Gymleco's I've trained on (7-8 pieces) do deliver very strong to strong on your criterias. The rubber can surely be easily replaced at a low cost or just kept as it is.

I do have plans on visiting a testing facility for Gymleco's. Probably in 2021/early 2022. I will gladly share my experiences. However that might be too late as you are planning to soon invest in the plate loaded fly?
    Last edited by MisterMagoo93; 10-29-2020 at 01:23 AM.

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks very much. It has definitely been a labour of love, and a constant evolution as my experiences,and injuries dictate my needs regarding equipment.

Yeah, it would definitely need to be designed with caution and safety in mind. Always assume people will do the dumbest thing imaginable, and you will never be disappointed.
    Hi, do you have a link to your gym pics. Thank you.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi @IronGym2005! I love your gym. A true favorite in the series. My dream is to leave my accountant job and open a gym where every piece is hand-picked. You are truly an inspiration, and this forum is very helpful.

I do agree that your criterias are the most important when selecting gym equipment. However I pictured my dream scenario, and the "luxury" feel is for me the icing on the cake. Without a budget (which is rarely the case for a niche gym owner), I would prefer to select equipment with your criterias + the luxury feel of for example gas assistance. There is probably a better word for this than "luxury", but that was the word I used.

On Gymleco's: the rubber the seat is adjusted on will be pretty beat up after a couple of years. Every time someone adjust the seat the rubber will take a hit, and after some time it will look pretty bad. If on a budget these things matter less, and the Gymleco's do have a strong argument of being high in value for money. Most of the Gymleco's I've trained on (7-8 pieces) do deliver very strong to strong on your criterias. The rubber can surely be easily replaced at a low cost or just kept as it is.

I do have plans on visiting a testing facility for Gymleco's. Probably in 2021/early 2022. I will gladly share my experiences. However that might be too late as you are planning to soon invest in the plate loaded fly?
    Over the years I've used a number of Gymleco machines, solid, functional, but nothing special, I remember their bicep curl and vertical chest being very decent, but this is the "Cost No Object" thread, compared to the likes of the Panatta, Prime and Atlantis chest and bicep machines, the Gymleco versions are not in the same ball park, Gymleko's bio-mechanics, build quality and aesthetics are nothing special.

I'd quite happily train on Gymleco equipment, but I haven't used a piece I'd want in my set up.

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    @gym62richard,
    Have you perhaps used this Leg Press by Gymleco?
    http://www.gymleco.com/product/243-gymleco-leg-press/

I like the narrow design.

Did you receive your new Panatta pieces?
    I recently saw a flyer for Panatta with very reasonable prices. I can't find it now, but plate loaded machines were in 1000-1500euro range.
    When I asked the local importer about the discounts he scoffed at me, and then made a silly offer.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Oxidated View Post
    @gym62richard,
    Have you perhaps used this Leg Press by Gymleco?
    http://www.gymleco.com/product/243-gymleco-leg-press/

I like the narrow design.

Did you receive your new Panatta pieces?
    I recently saw a flyer for Panatta with very reasonable prices. I can't find it now, but plate loaded machines were in 1000-1500euro range.
    When I asked the local importer about the discounts he scoffed at me, and then made a silly offer.

I haven't used that leg press, in fact I don't remember ever seeing a Gymleco leg press in that particular gym.

My Panatta equipment is scheduled to ship tomorrow and should hopefully arrive towards the end of next week, but with covid raging right across Europe, who knows.

Panatta were offering a great deal back in the summer, when I placed my order at the beginning of August I got a great deal, all the machines came at a very significant discount, I think that particular offer ended at the end of that month.

On reflection, the prices you're quoting do appear to be pretty cheap, I wonder whether the flyer was referring to the new Panatta Free Weight basic line.

The Panatta rep told me they had launched a basic version for some of their machines, lighter gauge frames, different padding and in some cases small variation to the original units, which are now being sold with the "Super" prefix.
    Last edited by gym62richard; 10-29-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Over the years I've used a number of Gymleco machines, solid, functional, but nothing special, I remember their bicep curl and vertical chest being very decent, but this is the "Cost No Object" thread, compared to the likes of the Panatta, Prime and Atlantis chest and bicep machines, the Gymleco versions are not in the same ball park, Gymleko's bio-mechanics, build quality and aesthetics are nothing special.

I'd quite happily train on Gymleco equipment, but I haven't used a piece I'd want in my set up.
    Agreed, although I think I would have made space for the 021 Chest Press. Maybe I´m just nostalgic. My home town gym threw it away some years ago. Horrible decision.

I haven't used that leg press, in fact I don't remember ever seeing a Gymleco leg press in that particular gym.

My Panatta equipment is scheduled to ship tomorrow and should hopefully arrive towards the end of next week, but with covid raging right across Europe, who knows.

Panatta were offering a great deal back in the summer, when I placed my order at the beginning of August I got a great deal, all the machines came at a very significant discount, I think that particular offer ended at the end of that month.
    I´m very interested in hearing about the deal you got. Are you willing to share which machines you got and their individual prices?

I´m very interested in hearing about the deal you got. Are you willing to share which machines you got and their individual prices?
    PM sent.

PM sent.
    Thank you Richard. Very much appreciated. The machines look excellent, I see several of them are on the list made by HealthNutMD. I've tried the Super Deltoid Press and it's the best I've tried yet.
    Last edited by MisterMagoo93; 10-30-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Originally Posted by Steinway53 View Post
    Reading through a lot of this epic and highly informative thread - the passion, knowledge and experience here is staggering !- I hadn't noticed a multi-hip machine mentioned. Being a long time distance runner - 42 years, 35 Marathons and just south of 80K lifetime miles run- I've found this one of the most useful strengthening machines that specifically benefits runners. Unfortunately at the gym (YMCA) I've been going to since we left the San Fernando Valley 23 years ago doesn't have one. So I've been doing the cable abduction/adduction, kickbacks and knee up leg raise exercises on their low row pulleys. The hips and legs have never felt as targeted as with the multi-hip machine, which might have been a Cybex, but it's been so long now, I couldn't say for certain.

If there was one exercise, aside from the one leg squat, on one machine I could have for home that I would probably use everyday, and would be highly beneficial in keeping this 67 year old guy in the ballgame, the multi-hip would be it.

So...I like the minimalist look and smaller foot print of the Hammer Select Hip & Glute but never have tried it. The Atlantis looks great, as does the Panatta. Just guessing those two would be more then the Hammer though. Are there any other under the radar brands still in production that offer commercial quality ?

Thanks.
    I ended up with a "as new" Cybex "classic" standing multi-hip with the 297.5 lbs stack in perfect shape that I enjoy - simple machine and it is one of the few Cybex machines small enough to break down and fit through my 30" door opening to my downstairs gym. I've dual-used the foot-board as adjustable height step-up for DB exercises. Another good one to look for is the Strive/Prime unit due to the adjustable CAM. Empire fitness has one for sale (maybe higher $ than you're looking for - I don't know how much hammer selectorized starts at $-wise). They also have Cybex VR for around $800 it looks like, that would be a more polished version of the older cybex one I have.

My Panatta equipment shipped on Friday, I had notification this morning that it's due to be delivered on Wednesday afternoon.

A couple of buddies are going to help me unpack the pallets and move everything into the gym, I have a bit of a hike through the back yard to access the gym, about 200 feet and I have to cross a grassed area of about 40 feet.

The Power Squat is the heaviest piece, about 475lbs, I have some lifting straps and heavy duty furniture dollies, my gym door is 6'6'x4', so I'm hoping to move everything in one piece.

Thanks for the reply and the Fitness Equipment Empire heads up. Being inexperienced as to where to seek used sources other then CL, FB marketplace or Ebay, I wasn't familiar with them.

I found the Cybex on pg.23, will call tomorrow and get a quote on shipping to LA/SoCal. And I found the one I used to use years ago at the gym in Sherman Oaks on pg. 22. A Life Fitness Pro 2 Standing Hip & Glute. I loved that thing ! The price is not bad, I'm going to check shipping on that too. The footprint is listed the same -- 65" X 39"- as the Hammer. The LF looks bigger then the Hammer in that picture, hopefully the specs are correct. I have double wide French doors, so no problem getting it in. Just have to decide if I want to take up that much space with it.
    You're welcome- I've never dealt with them personally but have had my eye on a several pieces in their inventory. They do seem to run high most of the time, e.g. prime incline (plate loaded) that is priced very near new price. I think the LF PRO2 series is considered one of the best from life fitness by many- but again it depends on the machine. This is considered the "overbuilt" model line where they were trying to go after the bodybuilding market rather than stuffing corporate gyms with the usual "250 cardio machines with a little strength thrown in" packages. Considering life fitness owns hammer (and now cybex too), that's probably why the hammer is basically same. I wouldn't be surprised if soon life fitness gobbles up hoist, tuff stuff, etc.

There are a few more places like empire out there- usually large cities have their own. Like by me there is a place in STL called show me weights. Right now they have a collection of some of the 1st gen original nautilus machines for sale (like double shoulder, double chest, etc) that was in like-new condition. I'm sure CA would have some places like that too especially considering the current state of affairs. There is also "revalue fitness" but again I've not worked with them and have read mixed things like where people will order a cloned chinese hammer piece under their "fettle fitness" brand and have the order cancelled for no reason.

squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000) squat802 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply and the Fitness Equipment Empire heads up. Being inexperienced as to where to seek used sources other then CL, FB marketplace or Ebay, I wasn't familiar with them.

I found the Cybex on pg.23, will call tomorrow and get a quote on shipping to LA/SoCal. And I found the one I used to use years ago at the gym in Sherman Oaks on pg. 22. A Life Fitness Pro 2 Standing Hip & Glute. I loved that thing ! The price is not bad, I'm going to check shipping on that too. The footprint is listed the same -- 65" X 39"- as the Hammer. The LF looks bigger then the Hammer in that picture, hopefully the specs are correct. I have double wide French doors, so no problem getting it in. Just have to decide if I want to take up that much space with it.
    Be careful dealing with Fitness Equipment Empire have several clients with less than positive experiences with them. Sent you a message.

My Panatta equipment arrived today, one of the biggest trucks I've ever seen, it came directly from Italy packed full of Panatta equipment, I would have loved to take a look at what was left on the truck after my equipment had been removed, but it was so well packed there was no real way to tell.

Just after the truck arrived, 2 guys from Panatta UK closely followed, along with my buddies we moved the 4 machines into my gym, everything went seamlessly.

The quality and finish is superb, the base frames are21/4"x41/2"with a 4mm wall thickness (approximately 8.5 gauge) box tube, most of the steel bracing/gussets is formed from 38 steel plate. When you try these pieces out in a commercial setting you just don't appreciate how heavily engineered these Panatta machines are.

Once I have everything in place I will take pics.
    Last edited by gym62richard; 11-08-2020 at 03:37 AM.

I'm not investing any time soon, so I would definitely appreciate any videos or pictures you post, thanks!

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Hi, do you have a link to your gym pics. Thank you.
    ********.com/iron.gym.alberta

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ********.com/iron.gym.alberta
    Wow, thank you for the link. Yours was the first Mutant on Mission episode I ever saw. I watched it again recently. Awesome gym!
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by squat802 View Post
    Be careful dealing with Fitness Equipment Empire have several clients with less than positive experiences with them. Sent you a message.
    +1 on the Fitness Equipment Empire warning. They're way, way overpriced and many of the individuals/gyms I have dealt with had negative experiences with them. I also think it's incredibly unethical that they run auto-flaggers on Craigslist to wipe out gym equipment ads - even from individuals just cleaning out the garage. I guess that's the only way they can keep selling equipment for 4x what the competition is charging with 1/10th the service level commitment.