Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nebamartinez View Post
    Wow that's one bada$$ gym you own! Love it.
    Got to agree, seeing some of your classic equipment made me feel very nostalgic.

Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cool Rogers Athletic Pendulum 3 way Row

HealthNutMD

I don't recall seeing a review on a Rogers Athletic Pendulum 3-way Row. What do you think about this piece in regards to functionality, durability and finish?

It definitely appears to allow a nice ROM, looks well built and refined from what I could see in demo videos.

Do you know what an approximate price would be?

Thank you

Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kwazer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    https://youtu.be/sE_KintKzkM

My gym got featured by Mutant Supplements! 1st episode of their third season, and first time a gym in Canada has been featured!
    Hope you all enjoy from one equipment nut to the rest!
    Beautiful equipment and gym! The people of Lac La Biche sure are spoiled to have a gym like that in their community!
    I lived in Edmonton for a couple years back during University. I used to train at Hardcore Gym in Edmonton, where Ron Partlow used to train. That guy is a beast. I remember him doing some intense sets with the hack squat machine loaded full with plates. Is it Hardcore the gym that you were talking about in the video, where you got sick doing deadlifts?

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you know what an approximate price would be?
    3-Way Row....$2500

Shoulder Incline....$3200

Hip Press....$3550

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    I love my atlantis pec/delt deck. Only noticeable difference to me is that you have a belt vs mine having cable (and of course mine costing full price )
    Sweet!! Yes, I remember that you were one of the members here that has one.

Originally Posted by irongym View Post
    My gym got featured by Mutant Supplements! 1st episode of their third season, and first time a gym in Canada has been featured!
    That's awesome! Liking everything aboat your gym!!
    Remember many times you posting, in this thread, of some of those equipment finds.
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 04-23-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000) Nebamartinez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks Deadwood 😎👍👍

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks everyone! It's a passion for sure.

And yes kwazer It was hardcore that happened at, though at the time it was called Axxis Fitness. It's now powerhouse gym. Great place and the first real gym I ever went to. So many monsters walking around, and Ron was one of the biggest.
    www.********.com/iron.gym.alberta

GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000)

Body Master BE 228 Tricep Extension and Curl Bench

Well I found a Body Master Tricep Extension and Curl Bench however it was a little rough cosmetically. All of my equipment is in excellent shape so I needed to do a refurb. Complete sand blast and Powder Coat, New Pads, new Caps and Plate & Bar ABS protectors. Also replaced all bolts with Stainless and had new Decals made so it would look original.

Here are a few before and after photos. Obviously this started out with Blue Pads Grey Frame.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GR75; 04-24-2017 at 07:37 AM.

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That looks sweet! Where did you get the decals and that headrest padding from?
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000) GR75 is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    That looks sweet! Where did you get the decals and that headrest padding from?
    Thanks for the compliment a7stringkilla. Full Circle Padding did the Pads and the Head Rest Cover. I had a local embroidery company do the Body Masters Logo in the Head Rest Cover. Fast Decals.com did the Decals and I must say they did a great job. I had them make a few extra of each Decal.

Here are a couple of more photos of my Bench and a photo (White with Red Pads) of an original I used as a reference from the Central States Fitness website. They used to sell the Body Masters equipment.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GR75; 04-25-2017 at 01:24 PM.

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very nice job on the restoration.

I see an Avenger leg press in the background. Also an Atlantis 45 degree hyperextension. I am sending the same model to be sandblasted and powder coated when I pick up another piece that I am currently having powder coated.

Are those Hammer Strength kettlebells?

Those slotted urethane Ivankos are sweet.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Very nice job on the restoration.

I see an Avenger leg press in the background. Also an Atlantis 45 degree hyperextension. I am sending the same model to be sandblasted and powder coated when I pick up another piece that I am currently having powder coated.

Are those Hammer Strength kettlebells?

Those slotted urethane Ivankos are sweet.
    Deadwood,

You have a keen eye for weight equipment. I've seen some of your previous posts, you really know a lot about weight equipment. You are correct, that is an Avenger Leg Press you see in the background and I had to do a restoration on it as well. I have included a couple of before and after photos below. I really like the Leg Press. Yes also to the Atlantis Hyper Extension. I was lucky to find one in pretty good shape so I did not have to do a restoration on it. Photo of the Hyper below.

In regard to the Kettle Bells they are Body Solid with the Chrome handles. When I bought them I was unsure of how the Chrome handles would feel however after using them I am really happy I decided to go with the Chrome! They feel great. Photo also included.
    Attached Images

Deadwoodgregg,

Also wanted to mention the you are correct, the Ivanko Urethane plates are very nice. I really like them however most of my plates are the Hampton Rubber Coated. I like having both. I think overall the Ivanko's have a better look and I like the way they feel however I think the Hampton Rubber coated may be a little tougher and take more abuse. I am always very careful when I handle the Ivanko's and the Hamptons I feel like I don't have to be as careful with.

I also have a set of Hampton Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbells from 5 Lbs. - 120 Lbs. in 5 Lb. increments. Photo attached. I have them on a PROMAXIMA 3 tier Dumbbell Rack that I had PROMAXIMA make a little longer than the standard length they carried. At the time I ordered the rack I only had 5 - 110 Lb set and added the 115 and 120's after the fact, which is why you see them in a separate rack. Photo below.

Also thought I would include a photo of my Body Masters standing Preacher Curl. I absolutely love this Preacher Curl. I think it may be one of the best out there. I was lucky to find this one in almost pristine condition. I sent a photo of the Body Master Decal you see in the pic to the decal company I used to make the new decals for my Tricep Extension and Curl Bench. I also provided them with all of the dimensions of the lettering etc. so they would be the exact size and look of the original. They made exact replicas of the decals using the dimensions I provided. You literally cannot tell the difference between the original and the new ones I had them produce. They are spot on.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by GR75; 04-25-2017 at 07:37 PM.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HealthNutMD

I don't recall seeing a review on a Rogers Athletic Pendulum 3-way Row. What do you think about this piece in regards to functionality, durability and finish?

It definitely appears to allow a nice ROM, looks well built and refined from what I could see in demo videos.
    Yes, it is on the cost no object list, or at least it is supposed to be on there as a recommended piece. I have heard some people not like it all that much, but the majority of people like it very much. I felt that it was not good enough to replace my Hammer mid-row (with chest pad mod), but I still consider having it *in addition* to the Hammer mid-row. Either way, its a good piece and worth having. The small foot-print makes it easier to consider.

My current thoughts on mid rows are MedX Avenger as number one, and a few mid rows that are overall very good:

Hammer mid-row with chest pad mod

Cybex Old school plate loaded mid row (this row does a lot of things well, including an adjustable strength curve (by positioning the chest pad (start position). This row also has the proper arc, like the Med-X Avenger

Rogers Athletic Pendulum 3-way row. I haven't tried it since USC Trojans weight room, so it has been a while. Nonetheless I am always tempted to pick up this row, it is a worthy addition in my opinion.

I need to demo the revised version of the Strive extreme row that Prime seems to have completely revised. I wanted to like the old Strive extreme row, but it used too much bicep, the angle was off. That machine had a ton of potential... I'm hoping Prime made this a cost no object piece, but I won't know until I can visit the Prime showroom. I'm planning to visit end of July.
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Iron Gym, awesome video!!!

Love the gym... I see that Parillo Arched incline Olympic Bench... How do you like it?

Looks in great shape. I see the improved Seat version as well. I definitely like the seat mod version, it makes physiological sense, the original does not.

I would highly reccomend cutting the two front stops in half or even remove 2/3rds. The range of motion will improve greatly. I cannot imagine this leg press without that mod...

Looks amazing. Definitely one of the best pieces BodyMasters ever made.

I have a ton to post, but I have no time at the moment. I'm refurbishing the Nautilus side Leg Curl and the Nautilus 1st Gen plate loaded pullover... as well as working 2 full time positions. I can't keep up this pace for too long, but I need to build an additional 2500-3000 sq foot gym room, its gonna cost a lot. Not enough time to post.

Excalibur, the first gen plate loaded pullover, it going to be nothing short of legendary. I look forward to discuss this project. Another 2 weeks it will be finished.

The side leg curl is also going to need a name, it will be legendary. We are replacing the leg curl lever arm brass bushings with a total of (2) Ball bearings and (2) thrust ball bearings. All of the highest quality.

I mirror polished the stainless 316 I'm using for the Atlantis standing calf

that is 6" round bar, stainless 316, cut to 1" thickness. Will be mirror polished and have a center hole cut to 1-1/8" if that gives a clue where it will go. Next, on top of that there will be a 1.9" round stainless 316 cut to 12" length, solid 316 round. Will use a set screw and slide over the original weight horn to preserve the original weight horn.

Last edited by HealthNutMD; 04-25-2017 at 09:29 PM.

1) You always want to use Ball Bearings rather than needle bearings in our application, when possible, much lower friction. Further, you want steel shields, not rubber shields. Rubber shields add friction, steel shields do not.

2) When you have no choice but to use needle bearings, you want the J series Koyo... Not the B series. You don't want full complement, that is more friction. You also don't want the JT or JTT, those are rubber shields. For needle bearings, the lowest friction is the J series. I use the JH... H just means the longer size (1" long). No shields.

3) The custom Martin C19 sprockets were made with Stainless 316 (not 303/304). They have dual ball bearings and are simply a work of art.

I'll get into the details in the near future.

Attached Images

Originally Posted by GR75 View Post
    I sent a photo of the Body Master Decal you see in the pic to the decal company I used to make the new decals for my Tricep Extension and Curl Bench. I also provided them with all of the dimensions of the lettering etc. so they would be the exact size and look of the original. They made exact replicas of the decals using the dimensions I provided. You literally cannot tell the difference between the original and the new ones I had them produce. They are spot on.
    Amazing job, truly cost no object. Outstanding.

Some recent changes to my gym.

Sold: Atlantis Bicep... Great machine, just didn't offer anything over the power lift select bicep which is my favorite preacher curl.

Sold: Nautilus Low friction compound row. It needed some chain tightening and also about 4 inches of thickness added to the chest pad for adequate prestretch. The grips were a little wide. The non-convergence was fine. Very solid machine. The motion path was ok, especially for a downward arc, which most companies fail miserably at .... Just wasn't worth keeping in my opinion. The Hammer plate loaded mid row was overall better, period.

Purchased: Nautilus next gen neck and shoulder

Purchased: Flex Fitness Plate loaded Lat pulldown. I like this piece. Does everything correct. Nice strength curve and added stability over a cable lat bar pulldown.

Purchased: Flex Fitness Plate loaded prone leg curl. I have always been curious to try this piece.

Purchased: Free Motion plate loaded Power squat. I have always liked this piece. They completely optomised this power squat for one direction, and that gives it a nice advantage over the typical front or rear facing power squat machines. Since I already have the Pendulum Power Squat Pro, this is a nice complementary piece.

TK Star Supersonic Seated Calf to arrive at the end of this week.

I plan to make videos of the machines and the gym sometime towards the end of the summer.

HealthNutMD

Do you have any experience with Legend's Lever EDGE Unilateral Diverging Seated Row model #6004. If no experience with it what is your opinion on this piece?

Thanks in advance 😎👍

Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Yes, it is on the cost no object list, or at least it is supposed to be on there as a recommended piece. I have heard some people not like it all that much, but the majority of people like it very much. I felt that it was not good enough to replace my Hammer mid-row (with chest pad mod), but I still consider having it *in addition* to the Hammer mid-row. Either way, its a good piece and worth having. The small foot-print makes it easier to consider.

My current thoughts on mid rows are MedX Avenger as number one, and a few mid rows that are overall very good:

Hammer mid-row with chest pad mod

Cybex Old school plate loaded mid row (this row does a lot of things well, including an adjustable strength curve (by positioning the chest pad (start position). This row also has the proper arc, like the Med-X Avenger

Rogers Athletic Pendulum 3-way row. I haven't tried it since USC Trojans weight room, so it has been a while. Nonetheless I am always tempted to pick up this row, it is a worthy addition in my opinion.

I need to demo the revised version of the Strive extreme row that Prime seems to have completely revised. I wanted to like the old Strive extreme row, but it used too much bicep, the angle was off. That machine had a ton of potential... I'm hoping Prime made this a cost no object piece, but I won't know until I can visit the Prime showroom. I'm planning to visit end of July.
    I'll be doing my research of these pieces you've listed. Thank you, I appreciate it very much😎👍

Amazing job, truly cost no object. Outstanding.
    Thank you for the compliment HealthNutMD. Yes if I restore any equipment I want it to be right and a first class piece when the project is finished. Just like you are doing with you Nautilus piece right now. I can't wait to see that piece when you are finished with. Talk about a cost no object restoration!

I mirror polished the stainless 316 I'm using for the Atlantis standing calf
    HealthNutMD,

The polished stainless for your Atlantis Standing Calf looks beautiful! Question, will it be a little slick to stand on or will you be cover some of it with the 3M Non Slip traction tape?

Looks in great shape. I see the improved Seat version as well. I definitely like the seat mod version, it makes physiological sense, the original does not.

I would highly reccomend cutting the two front stops in half or even remove 2/3rds. The range of motion will improve greatly. I cannot imagine this leg press without that mod...
    HealthNutMD,

I couldn't agree more, you are absolutely right about the need for the mod to shorten the stops on the Avenger Leg Press. I do hit them from time to time when doing reps. Have to have the seat adjusted just right to avoid this. It is a great Leg Press (One of the best in my opinion) however it would be much better with shorter stops. I plan on making the modification in the near future.

In regard to the Seat Back, Full Circle Padding really did a nice job helping me design the seat back. Unfortunately by the time I found my Avenger Leg Press Ken and Regeneration had closed up shop so I couldn't get my seat back from them. Would have been a lot easier to restore if they were still around. The seat mod makes a difference. Looks better as well.
    Last edited by GR75; 04-26-2017 at 07:41 PM.

irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) irongym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Iron Gym, awesome video!!!

Love the gym... I see that Parillo Arched incline Olympic Bench... How do you like it?

Thanks for the love, lol.

That arched bench is an ego killer. Locks you in and really isolates the pecs. I'm glad I found it. I bought it without a demo, and I was worried what it would be like. Lucky for me it turned out to be one of the best pieces I've picked up so far.

I've got a spider cam nautilus leg curl almost put back together and a spider cam plate load pullover that's done at the powder coaters too. Most of my free time now has been spent working on my 69 Dodge Dart pro street; gym equipment rebuilding has taken a back seat this spring, lol.
    www.********.com/iron.gym.alberta

HealthNutMD,

The polished stainless for your Atlantis Standing Calf looks beautiful! Question, will it be a little slick to stand on or will you be cover some of it with the 3M Non Slip traction tape?
    Agreed it looks absolutely gorgeous 😬 I don't think I'd even want to touch it after that polish lol.

HealthNutMD

Do you have any experience with Legend's Lever EDGE Unilateral Diverging Seated Row model #6004. If no experience with it what is your opinion on this piece?

Thanks in advance 😎👍

Deadwood Gregg and some others who live closer to Legend have tried many of the Legend LeverEDGE pieces. They have been hard to locate for demoes. From what I have heard, I am not encouraged to try them. Although the one piece in that line that looks great is the 6008 Trap Shug Lunge Deadlift. If I were to buy one piece from that line, that would probably be the choice.

HealthNutMD,

I will bring over the links for the 'cost no object grip tape' and take a day (when I am off) and bring over all of the best of the best posts from the prior thread.

The cost no object grip tape is amazing... Its way better than suboptimal choices like diamond plate.

The shame will be covering almost all of that surface with the grip tape. I'm only going to leave the outer 1-2 " showing. It is a shame.

That being said, Stainless 316 is far superior to 303/304 (18-8), much stronger and essentially truly stainless. Its the best stainless money can buy, especially for our purposes. Although its is pricey.

Each 5" stainless 316 shoulder bolt for EXCALIBUR is about 65.00 each.