Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Wow!! Nice Bravo unit there Richard. Congrats.

You are building quite the home gym loaded with quality commercial gear.

I realize that it is much more challenging to find equipment in the UK.

We are really spoiled here in the states with equipment options both new and used.

I actually want an item from Watson, but the shipping is insane which has kept me from pulling the trigger.
    Thank you, yes it's not always easy to find used equipment in top condition, it took me about a year to find this Bravo.

Thankfully I only live about 140 miles from the Watson factory, so shipping costs are relatively inexpensive.

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anybody Own the Rogers Athletics Prone Leg Curl (http://www.rogersathletic.com/prone-leg-curl/) ? If so what's your take on the overall feel of the machine?

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow!! Nice Bravo unit there Richard. Congrats.

You are building quite the home gym loaded with quality commercial gear.

I realize that it is much more challenging to find equipment in the UK.

We are really spoiled here in the states with equipment options both new and used.

I actually want an item from Watson, but the shipping is insane which has kept me from pulling the trigger.
    I have always been a closet watson groupie, just always wished we could trade the brits Rogue for Watson. There specialty bar seiection is off the hook and they MAKE SO MANY great machines ranging from really heavy duty versions of common stuff to unique pieces no one eise has tried. I like the design of there dual pulley & stack row that allows adjustments of height of pulleys, height of bench seat (they use 1” linear bearings) and the footplates are adjustable. They also have a dual iso pulldown that has adjustable arms holding the cable pulleys that allows width to be adjusted.
    Then they have the adjustable angle linear hack and i think also leg oress units. They use a infinite adjust hydraulic rotating hand gear to adjust angle even while machine is loaded, no one is making stuff like that,
    Anyway i finally got my hands on my first piece, a barely used hip thrust bench. Linear bearing adjust for the back rest which is like a big rounded GHD pad instead of a flat bench pad and a massive adjustable angle footplate. This thing weighs several hundred pounds, adjusts like butter and exudes the feel of a solud and well well built machine!
    I only played around with it last night, seems like a “best of best” fir a hip thrust bench
    Attached Images

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SomeIronBoy View Post
    Anybody Own the Rogers Athletics Prone Leg Curl (http://www.rogersathletic.com/prone-leg-curl/) ? If so what's your take on the overall feel of the machine?
    It's been a few years, but I wasn't impressed with it...
    {}---{} Best of the Best Machines and Free Weights Crew #1 {}---{}
    MXA------MEDX Avenger Crew #2------MXA
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #12 []---[]

momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) momwholifts71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nnclark11 View Post
    I am actually more interested in trying this new atlantis seated calf than the tk star. Anybody ever try this? https://www.atlantisstrength.com/en/...ed-calf-press/
    I don't think seated calf machines that rock back and use your own body weight allow optimal mechanics or contraction.
    i used it was not impressed with it.

Ols school wooden riser using a smith machine gets me everytime.

The only calf machine i would buy is the Hoist Roc-It standing machine.

HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HealthNutMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Additional Equipment Nut

Hi Guys,

My name is Mark. I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. It really helped me build my first home gym.

My frame of reference for gym equipment stems from my teens and 20s training at NJ old school hardcore gyms. I am 46 now. Back then I trained at Diamond Gym, World Class Fitness, Guys Gym and Body Worx. I used a lot of TK Star, Flex Fitness and later Atlantis. There are not many left, which is the reason I built my own. I went to a Retro and was disgusted by the exclusivity of brands like Life Fitness and Even Hammer. I cannot stand the hammer leg equipment. Ron Partlow from Mutant on a Mission said it best - "I judge a gym by its leg equipment".

Sadly, I had to sell all of my equipment last year. I was going through a lot and I was forced to sell.

The Gym I had was a 2 Car Oversized Garage and 500SqFt basement. I live in northern NJ.

I purchased a lot of pieces form TJ, JoeP and Others in NJ/NY area. I also purchased and had upholstery work done by TK.

I am currently in search of a home with at 2500sqft and will do it again, however here is what I had and what I thought of the pieces:

TK Star
    Seated Calf - loved this piece, was fully restored flat black by TJ. Will look for this again with 2.0 gym.

Forearm Bench - Truly not a necessary piece since wrist curls can be done of bench/knees, however it was super comfortable and a work of art. Mine was red with black leather and red stitching. Will not replace, do not have the budget for it this time.

Power Squat - Older piece and one of the best angles I have used. However foot pedal was very cumbersome after a heavy set. Will not buy again, will look for one with a shoulder height racking mechanism.

BBZ Row - Great old school piece, felt it all through the lats and rhomboids. I restored this piece gloss red and black wrinkle with black leather pad and red stitching. If price is right, will buy again.

Tricep Attachment - Best Tricep pushdown attachment I have used. Takes all the strain off the wrists. Will buy again.

Wide Lat Wing Pulldown Attachment - Very comfortable and great grip, bend allowed for maximum contraction in the lats. Will buy again.

Close Grip Lat Attachment - The version I had, came with a polished grip and would slip out of your hands. I put grip tape on it and it was better. I believe he came out with a knurled version. If so, I will buy again.

MedX

Leg Extension - Great piece, although I did bottom out at peak contraction. This can be fixed by adjusting seat. Loved the heavy stack. Not sure if I will buy again, was a very expensive piece.

Seated Leg Curl - Wasn't all that impressed with this piece. Cheaper machines do the same thing just as well. Not sure if I will buy again, was expensive as well.

Flex Fitness

Prone Leg Curl - Loved this piece. One of the best I have used. Will try to find and buy again

Incline Chest Press - Just OK. Not sure what the angle was but seemed lower than 45. Probably wont replace it.

Preacher Curl with swivel Grip - The handle grips were everything here, the rotation was great to take pressure off the wrists. Also loved the variation of the grip allowing you to do a hammer style curl. Will try to buy again.

Rogue

RM3 Power Rack - Great 3x3 rack for the money. I did have to bolt it to the floor though. Lots of attachments and upgrades. The monolift attachment was not worth the money, a bit flimsy at 3 plates and up. Would buy again

Adjustable Incline Bench - Great bench but heavy. Nice still pads. Expensive though. Not sure if I would buy again, most likely would go used.

Flat bench with Thompson Pad - Loved the wide pad for flat dumbbell presses. Would buy again.

Rubber Hex Dumbbells up to 80 - Not much to say here. Good for the money. Will look for Ivanko / Troy ProStyle in the future.

Mass Storage System - Great universal storage, heavy duty construction and easily upgradeable. Held all dumbbells and pins for olympic plates. Will most likely look for pro style dumbbell rack.

Ohio Bar - Good all purpose bar. Would buy again.

Nebula

35 Degree Leg Press with top mounted guide rails - Loved this piece. TJ did a great job on the bearings and new guide rods. Once I got the sled and rails aligned it was smooth as silk. One of the smoothest leg presses I have ever used. Sad to part with it. Loved the calf section of sled. Would buy again if price is right.

GHD - Great adjustments and stable. Did a lot of ham/lower back work and also dumbbell rows. Would most likely not buy again since there are better options. I believe it is on ebay now.

Arsenal Strength

Pro Hack Squat - Love the wide diamond foot plate. Some things need tweaking. No grip on hand controls, no caps on horns. Upholstery was good although mine was ripped in shipping. Would buy again, probably not new though.

Vertical Leg Press - I was disappointed, especially when I tried the Nebula. Will wait for a TK Star next time.

Sissy Squat - It was OK, prefer the base to be a bit wider. Would buy again.

Flat Plat Loaded Press - This tore up my shoulders. Nice looking piece. Also, the second had position felt odd. Would not buy again, will look for vertical since that doesn't hurt my shoulder as much.

EliteFTS

Lat Pulldown with low row - Nice 300lb stack. Comfortable seat. Low height for basement. I did have to bolt it down though, anything over 250 and it would tilt. Will look for 4 Stack in the future.

AMERICAN MULTI ANGLE PRESS BAR - Loved doing tricep work with this bar. Would buy again. Sad I gave it way.

American Press Bar - Helped me with chest work due to my shoulder, the grips were awesome. Would buy again

AMERICAN MULTI GRIP ATTACHMENT - Loved the hand options on this. Would buy again.

FAT BAR, 36-INCHES - Too thick, prefer thinner lat attachments. Also very heavy, women will not be able to lift this unless they are strong. Built tough, like everything Elite sells. Wouldn't buy again.

Cybex

VR2 Shoulder Press - Basic shoulder press, A bit big if you have to get in basement. Two grip positions. Would buy again for right price but would most likely look for other options as mentioned in these threads.

Lateral Raise - Solid lateral raise, really helped me strengthen my left shoulder. Would buy again.

Rear Delt Plate Loaded - Very unique piece. Used this for higher rep lighter rear delt work. Saw a difference in my rear delts after a month of use. Would buy again.

Smith Machine - Great Smith, bar goes to the floor, cant beat for a good all purpose smith. Would buy again. I have squatted 500+ on this smith with no issues.

Hyperextension - Solid bench, fit the purpose. Would buy again.

UCS

Flat and Incline Benches - Holy hell are these things heavy. Construction is second to none. Loved the spotter foot plate but heavy barely got them in the basement. Would not buy again. Just too heavy and expensive. Would look for basic benches or just use an adjustable and power rack.

Hammer Strength

Preacher Bench - I restored it and had TK do the upholstery in black leather and red stitching. Solid piece. Would most likely look for the Icarian Standing Preacher.

BodyMasters

Tricep Dip / Pushdown - Heavy stack heavy machine. Actually fell on top of me as I was wheeling it down my driveway. Long Story. Great hand adjustments. Seat belt attachment to hold you in place. Not sure if I would buy again.

MAG Attachments - I had them all, don't hesitate to buy. I will buy again.

Telju - Spanish company I believe

Adductor and Abductor - Just OK, have used a lot better. Nice handle to set up with. I got them at a good price. Doubt I would buy again.

Low Row - Decent feel, comfortable. Assistance pedal. One thing I didn't like is that you could only load it with 25s, not enough room for 45s. I would buy again

High Row - Just OK, I prefer the hammer, a bit odd on the contraction. I would not buy again.

Magnum

Standing Calf Raise - Solid calf raise. Plate loaded and worked great. Will buy again if price is right

Pendulum

First Generation Squat I really liked this piece. Was able to do squats, shrugs and viking presses. I would like the Rogers Power Squat Pro the next go around.

That is about it. It took up my dining room, basement and garage. I will try to find pictures, however, I deleted a lot cause I was not happy I had to get rid of it.

I also had a great sound system with some old school Ramsa speakers and amps. Every room had 4 speakers and a sub. Wife hated it!

Thanks again to all those who have posted recommendations in the thread. It helped me a lot.

Cheers,

Mark
    Last edited by CaptainSanos; 06-28-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added equipment

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey, I remember you. I spoke to you a few times when you were selling your gear. Sounds like things are looking up! I think you sold your Arsenal (Nebula) hack squat to Deadwood Gregg? Anyway, I might be selling my Star Trac prone leg curl (same as the flex fitness version). It's in mint condition and came out a personal trainers home gym in North Jersey. I'm replacing it with Medx seated leg curl (hope I like it bette than you do). I also ordered the floating seat mechanism directly from Medx and I've heard this makes it a much better machine.
    Originally Posted by CaptainSanos View Post
    Hi Guys,

My name is Mark. I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. It really helped me build my first home gym.

My frame of reference for gym equipment stems from my teens and 20s training at NJ old school hardcore gyms. I am 46 now. Back then I trained at Diamond Gym, World Class Fitness, Guys Gym and Body Worx. I used a lot of TK Star, Flex Fitness and later Atlantis. There are not many left, which is the reason I built my own. I went to a Retro and was disgusted by the exclusivity of brands like Life Fitness and Even Hammer. I cannot stand the hammer leg equipment. Ron Partlow from Mutant on a Mission said it best - "I judge a gym by its leg equipment".

Sadly, I had to sell all of my equipment last year. I was going through a lot and I was forced to sell.

The Gym I had was a 2 Car Oversized Garage and 500SqFt basement. I live in northern NJ.

I purchased a lot of pieces form TJ, JoeP and Others in NJ/NY area. I also purchased and had upholstery work done by TK.

I am currently in search of a home with at 2500sqft and will do it again, however here is what I had and what I thought of the pieces:

TK Star
    Seated Calf - loved this piece, was fully restored flat black by TJ. Will look for this again with 2.0 gym.

Forearm Bench - Truly not a necessary piece since wrist curls can be done of bench/knees, however it was super comfortable and a work of art. Mine was red with black leather and red stitching. Will not replace, do not have the budget for it this time.

Power Squat - Older piece and one of the best angles I have used. However foot pedal was very cumbersome after a heavy set. Will not buy again, will look for one with a shoulder height racking mechanism.

BBZ Row - Great old school piece, felt it all through the lats and rhomboids. I restored this piece gloss red and black wrinkle with black leather pad and red stitching. If price is right, will buy again.

Tricep Attachment - Best Tricep pushdown attachment I have used. Takes all the strain off the wrists. Will buy again.

Wide Lat Wing Pulldown Attachment - Very comfortable and great grip, bend allowed for maximum contraction in the lats. Will buy again.

Close Grip Lat Attachment - The version I had, came with a polished grip and would slip out of your hands. I put grip tape on it and it was better. I believe he came out with a knurled version. If so, I will buy again.

MedX

Leg Extension - Great piece, although I did bottom out at peak contraction. This can be fixed by adjusting seat. Loved the heavy stack. Not sure if I will buy again, was a very expensive piece.

Seated Leg Curl - Wasn't all that impressed with this piece. Cheaper machines do the same thing just as well. Not sure if I will buy again, was expensive as well.

Flex Fitness

Prone Leg Curl - Loved this piece. One of the best I have used. Will try to find and buy again

Incline Chest Press - Just OK. Not sure what the angle was but seemed lower than 45. Probably wont replace it.

Preacher Curl with swivel Grip - The handle grips were everything here, the rotation was great to take pressure off the wrists. Also loved the variation of the grip allowing you to do a hammer style curl. Will try to buy again.

Rogue

RM3 Power Rack - Great 3x3 rack for the money. I did have to bolt it to the floor though. Lots of attachments and upgrades. The monolift attachment was not worth the money, a bit flimsy at 3 plates and up. Would buy again

Adjustable Incline Bench - Great bench but heavy. Nice still pads. Expensive though. Not sure if I would buy again, most likely would go used.

Flat bench with Thompson Pad - Loved the wide pad for flat dumbbell presses. Would buy again.

Rubber Hex Dumbbells up to 80 - Not much to say here. Good for the money. Will look for Ivanko / Troy ProStyle in the future.

Mass Storage System - Great universal storage, heavy duty construction and easily upgradeable. Held all dumbbells and pins for olympic plates. Will most likely look for pro style dumbbell rack.

Ohio Bar - Good all purpose bar. Would buy again.

Nebula

35 Degree Leg Press with top mounted guide rails - Loved this piece. TJ did a great job on the bearings and new guide rods. Once I got the sled and rails aligned it was smooth as silk. One of the smoothest leg presses I have ever used. Sad to part with it. Loved the calf section of sled. Would buy again if price is right.

GHD - Great adjustments and stable. Did a lot of ham/lower back work and also dumbbell rows. Would most likely not buy again since there are better options. I believe it is on ebay now.

Arsenal Strength

Pro Hack Squat - Love the wide diamond foot plate. Some things need tweaking. No grip on hand controls, no caps on horns. Upholstery was good although mine was ripped in shipping. Would buy again, probably not new though.

Vertical Leg Press - I was disappointed, especially when I tried the Nebula. Will wait for a TK Star next time.

Sissy Squat - It was OK, prefer the base to be a bit wider. Would buy again.

EliteFTS

Lat Pulldown with low row - Nice 300lb stack. Comfortable seat. Low height for basement. I did have to bolt it down though, anything over 250 and it would tilt. Will look for 4 Stack in the future.

AMERICAN MULTI ANGLE PRESS BAR - Loved doing tricep work with this bar. Would buy again. Sad I gave it way.

American Press Bar - Helped me with chest work due to my shoulder, the grips were awesome. Would buy again

AMERICAN MULTI GRIP ATTACHMENT - Loved the hand options on this. Would buy again.

FAT BAR, 36-INCHES - Too thick, prefer thinner lat attachments. Also very heavy, women will not be able to lift this unless they are strong. Built tough, like everything Elite sells. Wouldn't buy again.

Cybex

VR2 Shoulder Press - Basic shoulder press, A bit big if you have to get in basement. Two grip positions. Would buy again for right price but would most likely look for other options as mentioned in these threads.

Lateral Raise - Solid lateral raise, really helped me strengthen my left shoulder. Would buy again.

Rear Delt Plate Loaded - Very unique piece. Used this for higher rep lighter rear delt work. Saw a difference in my rear delts after a month of use. Would buy again.

Smith Machine - Great Smith, bar goes to the floor, cant beat for a good all purpose smith. Would buy again. I have squatted 500+ on this smith with no issues.

Hyperextension - Solid bench, fit the purpose. Would buy again.

UCS

Flat and Incline Benches - Holy hell are these things heavy. Construction is second to none. Loved the spotter foot plate but heavy barely got them in the basement. Would not buy again. Just too heavy and expensive. Would look for basic benches or just use an adjustable and power rack.

Hammer Strength

Preacher Bench - I restored it and had TK do the upholstery in black leather and red stitching. Solid piece. Would most likely look for the Icarian Standing Preacher.

BodyMasters

Tricep Dip / Pushdown - Heavy stack heavy machine. Actually fell on top of me as I was wheeling it down my driveway. Long Story. Great hand adjustments. Seat belt attachment to hold you in place. Not sure if I would buy again.

MAG Attachments - I had them all, don't hesitate to buy. I will buy again.

Telju - Spanish company I believe

Adductor and Abductor - Just OK, have used a lot better. Nice handle to set up with. I got them at a good price. Doubt I would buy again.

Low Row - Decent feel, comfortable. Assistance pedal. One thing I didn't like is that you could only load it with 25s, not enough room for 45s. I would buy again

High Row - Just OK, I prefer the hammer, a bit odd on the contraction. I would not buy again.

Magnum

Standing Calf Raise - Solid calf raise. Plate loaded and worked great. Will buy again if price is right

Pendulum

First Generation Squat I really liked this piece. Was able to do squats, shrugs and viking presses. I would like the Rogers Power Squat Pro the next go around.

That is about it. It took up my dining room, basement and garage. I will try to find pictures, however, I deleted a lot cause I was not happy I had to get rid of it.

I also had a great sound system with some old school Ramsa speakers and amps. Every room had 4 speakers and a sub. Wife hated it!

Thanks again to all those who have posted recommendations in the thread. It helped me a lot.

Cheers,

Mark

ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000) ydmora is just really nice. (+1000)
    How many of us on here have dared to eliminate the nut and bolt 🔩 that holds the back rest up on a Medx Avenger Leg Press only to discover that it becomes a worthwhile Hmer Strength H Squat replacement????

Sterngth curve will be opposite, especially with the new spring modification. Its not going to have the same motion path either... the massive lever arms on the H-Squat are more of a straight ahead motion, while the Avenger starts moving downward towards the end, especially with the lowered stops.... I look forward to being able to put the new design springs on the H-Squat and using both side by side for a year....

Cheers,

Mark
    Thank-you for your contribution Mark. Great to hear from you.

CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CaptainSanos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by harrisg83 View Post
    Hey, I remember you. I spoke to you a few times when you were selling your gear. Sounds like things are looking up! I think you sold your Arsenal (Nebula) hack squat to Deadwood Gregg? Anyway, I might be selling my Star Trac prone leg curl (same as the flex fitness version). It's in mint condition and came out a personal trainers home gym in North Jersey. I'm replacing it with Medx seated leg curl (hope I like it bette than you do). I also ordered the floating seat mechanism directly from Medx and I've heard this makes it a much better machine.
    Yeah, that's right. Yeah Gregg was awesome, he helped me load the gear to bring to TJ, what a mess. Yeah things are looking up. I finally got some life stuff straight.

Some Pics

Found some pictures.
    Attached Images

ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    Sterngth curve will be opposite, especially with the new spring modification. Its not going to have the same motion path either... the massive lever arms on the H-Squat are more of a straight ahead motion, while the Avenger starts moving downward towards the end, especially with the lowered stops.... I look forward to being able to put the new design springs on the H-Squat and using both side by side for a year....
    HealthNut,
    What are you planning to do with the H Squat springs? Mine are aging and I was thinking about replacing them within the next few months...I would be really curious to hear what you are planning and if its a mod or just a straight replacement part for part...I like the way mine feels today but the springs are getting stretched and I have just about enough time to take on a small project like spring replacement :-)

Thanks,
    Josh

That project I already talked about in a video... you may be able to pick up an accidental 4 they made additional for a killer deal...

Can you find the video in this thread, it should be in the thread a few pages back or so... markedly improved springs... they didn't design them strong enough or properly... it's all in the video....

I have had the springs a few months, but all of my effort is going 100% into selling my house and looking for a lot to build new construction. It's the only thing I can do to create a no compromise gym
    Last edited by HealthNutMD; 06-28-2018 at 11:15 AM.

ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ironforgedgym is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by HealthNutMD View Post
    That project I already talked about in a video... you may be able to pick up an accidental 4 they made additional for a killer deal...

Can you find the video in this thread, it should be in the thread a few pages back or so... markedly improved springs... they didn't design them strong enough or properly... it's all in the video....

I have had the springs a few months, but all of my effort is going 100% into selling my house and looking for a lot to build new construction. It's the only thing I can do to create a no compromise gym
    Thanks - I remember the video of the h-squat from when you were doing the project tour...didn't remember the spring discussion, I will look for it now and any POC info for the new springs you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

I designed new springs to my specs at acxesspring.com

It was about 500.00 for 4 springs. They accidentally used piano wire the first time, instead of 17-7 stainless... actually not much different other than the 17-7 offers corrosion resistance. The new springs are longer and larger coil diameter, and much thicker wire. Amazing, and about twice as strong as the originals, emilinating the need for bands, and making the strength curve amazing...

PM me with you info, I am checking to see if they still have them available for 100.00... they offered to sell my the extra pair for a measly 100.00 for all 4....

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure if this piece has been discussed in this thread. I was fortunate to pick up a current model Atlantis multi forearm in black. These are still being produced, but are rare to find used. I have seen two older version models pop up and two current models in my years of searching. I think that Brian (str8tout) might have one. One end of the machine has a pad and bar for wrist curls. The handle on the side is for forearm/wrist pronation and supination. The opposite end has a gripper on top and underneath is a wrist roller with knurled grip.

Yeah, that's right. Yeah Gregg was awesome, he helped me load the gear to bring to TJ, what a mess. Yeah things are looking up. I finally got some life stuff straight.
    Hey Mark, man you had some nice equipment in your gym. That TK Star BBZ ISO row is insane.

Thank you again for selling me the Arsenal Strength hack squat. That piece is one of my 5 favorite leg pieces that get the most use in my gym.

Glad to see things are better for you these days. Look forward to see what pieces that you choose to outfit your new gym.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by deadwoodgregg; 07-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nnclark11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations! Great pick up Gregg. Looks like a really unique piece. Would love to see updated pics of your gym

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if this piece has been discussed in this thread. I was fortunate to pick up a current model Atlantis multi forearm in black. These are still being produced, but are rare to find used. I have seen two older version models pop up and two current models in my years of searching. I think that Brian (str8tout) might have one. One end of the machine has a pad and bar for wrist curls. The handle on the side is for forearm/wrist pronation and supination. The opposite end has a gripper on top and underneath is a wrist roller with knurled grip.
    Nice piece - they are really cool. I've tried Brian's...honestly, when you walk up to it, you can't even figure out all the things it can do at first.
    Garage Gym Owner

jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000)
    New to the forum, just finished up a restoration on a Parrillo bench. I fabricated wheel mounts and replaced all hardware with stainless. I included some before and after shots, sorry I cant post links yet. I also just picked up a flex prone leg curl and a strive plate loaded leg extension after reading this thread. If anyone ever needs any fabrication or restore work im always willing to help. I am also looking for a tk seated calf don't mind if it needs work.
    Attached Images

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jessedemasi View Post
    New to the forum, just finished up a restoration on a Parrillo bench. I fabricated wheel mounts and replaced all hardware with stainless. I included some before and after shots, sorry I cant post links yet. I also just picked up a flex prone leg curl and a strive plate loaded leg extension after reading this thread. If anyone ever needs any fabrication or restore work im always willing to help. I am also looking for a tk seated calf don't mind if it needs work.
    Wow, fantastic work. I’ll embed a few pics. Did you paint or powder coat. We are also going to need some more pics of your gym. Reps for you.

I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000) jessedemasi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Wow, fantastic work. I’ll embed a few pics. Did you paint or powder coat. We are also going to need some more pics of your gym. Reps for you.
    Thank you! I polished the two pieces to adjust height then clear coated them and had it all powder coated. I will get some more shots.

Nice work. Can't go wrong with a tk seated calf!

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where are you based out of? I'd be interested in discussing your services. Can you PM me with your contact info?
    Thank you! I polished the two pieces to adjust height then clear coated them and had it all powder coated. I will get some more shots.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Outstanding job..Nice work. That looks awesome !

Nice work. Can't go wrong with a tk seated calf!
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    Outstanding job..Nice work. That looks awesome !
    Thank you!

Also added a pic of a dumbbell rack I made for my heavy dumbbells, "cost no object" piece for me because I wanted them to fit right under the mirrors in my gym. Had the metal so actually cost me nothing but time and the dumbbell saddles.
    Attached Images

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you!

Also added a pic of a dumbbell rack I made for my heavy dumbbells, "cost no object" piece for me because I wanted them to fit right under the mirrors in my gym. Had the metal so actually cost me nothing but time and the dumbbell saddles.
    That's a great looking DB rack. I have a feeling your inbox is going to fill up with custom orders.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you!

Nice dumbbell rack. Purple walls and a purple bench pad visible in the mirror. Where is Atty?
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    That's a great looking DB rack. I have a feeling your inbox is going to fill up with custom orders.
    Thanks! I hope so!

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Nice dumbbell rack. Purple walls and a purple bench pad visible in the mirror. Where is Atty?
    Thank you. Atty?

Anyone have any experience with nebula seated calf and nebula inner/outer thigh? Any good? Thanks