Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000)

Lat Isolation machine - con't

I have finished the ‘new’ effort arm assembly. It has ‘new’ larger radius ‘cups’ for more comfortably engaging a larger range of operator arm sizes and orientations of preference in performing the movement. This ‘new’ effort arm assembly is joined to the weight arm assembly by the connecting link, all shown in the attached pictures.

On to the new adjustable shoulder constraint mechanism in the next posting.
    Attached Images

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have the entire line of machines at your house for you to use? Just curious.

kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HenryMaag View Post
    I have finished the ‘new’ effort arm assembly. It has ‘new’ larger radius ‘cups’ for more comfortably engaging a larger range of operator arm sizes and orientations of preference in performing the movement. This ‘new’ effort arm assembly is joined to the weight arm assembly by the connecting link, all shown in the attached pictures.

On to the new adjustable shoulder constraint mechanism in the next posting.
    Looking really great Henry. ANy idea yet on the footprint of this machine, and pricing?

HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000) HenryMaag is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Do you have the entire line of machines at your house for you to use? Just curious.

No, it is now a 21 piece line, way to large for my house. Many of the pieces at my house have been down sized models of the 'production machines' without adjustability, designed for a narrower range of users (my son is 6'4 and I am 6'3 - at least I used to be, ha, ha, ha)

Originally Posted by kis55 View Post
    Looking really great Henry. ANy idea yet on the footprint of this machine, and pricing?

Thank you.

The machine (which I am building tooling for at present) will be 57" long x 61" high x 66" wide (on account of the foot pedal extensions). I am targeting to price it at approximately $4500.

Update on 'LAT ISOLATION MACHINE'

Update on Lat Isolation Machine:

Well, I finally finished the basic machine. I was sidetracked with filling some orders on current 'production machines', and have a lot more orders to fill, so it is taking a lot of my time right now.

I have finished the remaining components of the machine; the "shoulder constraining assembly" and the "racking assembly".

As can be seen in the pictures the "shoulder constraining assembly" is a symmetrical-about-centerline assembly consisting of a bent bar which engages a shoulder pad 'cup' at each of its two ends (one for the right side of the machine, the other for the left). A foam pad will be bonded to each 'cup' after the machine is powder coated. These foam padded cups will engage the operator's non rotating shoulder joint and constrain the operator's upper body while performing the movement. The bent bar joins to a bearing tube at the center of the machine which allows the 'cups' to rotate in a direction toward the effort arm's rotational axis, adjusted back and forth for different operator shoulder widths, using the crank which is also attached to this rotating assembly as shown. I added a counterweight to this assembly (which did not exist on the original prototype) in order to keep the cups from 'floating' until an operator engaged them.

The "racking assembly" is now 'foot actuated', rather than free-hand actuated (a big improvement over the original prototype). As can be seen in the photos, it still consist of a weight arm engaging pivotal rack arm, but now is actuated by a frame-journaled rotating foot bar with pedals at each end, placed in positions where they can be engaged by the operator's foot on each side of the machine. When pushing down on the foot pedal, the shaft to which it is attached rotates, causing the rotating rack arm to rotate via the connecting link between them.

This machine is a true 'lat isolation' machine. It should not be confused the the feeble attempts to build such a machine made by Arthur Jones and Nautilus back in the eighties or nineties.

I am preparing some pads and will send pictures as soon as I mount them. With the pads attached it should give members on this forum a better idea of what the machine is actually like.
    Attached Images

LAT ISOLATION MACHINE - a collector's/custom machine

Here are some pictures of the finished Lat Isolation Machine.

I have come to the (business) conclusion, that I am going to offer this machine on my new website only as a "custom/collector's" type of machine. This machine; along with both the Linear Leg Press, and the Pectoral Fly; are all either too large or too complicated to offer on a 'production basis' (so much for the tooling jigs which I have prepared for these three machines).
    Attached Images

Are they pictures all sideways for all of you too. I really don't know what to do about it, they were all placed 'upright'. Sooooooooooo irritating!

Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oxidated will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HenryMaag View Post
    Are they pictures all sideways for all of you too. I really don't know what to do about it, they were all placed 'upright'. Sooooooooooo irritating!
    Yes, they are all sideways. It could be that when taking the pictures you are holding the phone somewhere in between horizontal and vertical, so they look straight to you, but get interpreted sideways.

Anyway, I'm baffled by this machine. Could we trouble you for the video of it being used.
    I look forward to seeing it finished and painted.