Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Greybird beat me to it and yes that bronze powder coat and black seat and back pad pairing looks awesome. The original pairing was more festive like a Christmas ornament (not that there's anything wrong with that look, just that it didn't go well for a workout equipment color combo in my opinion).

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree, that's probably the best color scheme I've seen in this thread, looks mean as opposed to overly decorative like some of the others (not that they looked bad). But that's just me, I prefer dark colored equipment.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Registered User ArnoldHAMnEGGer's Avatar
    ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArnoldHAMnEGGer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Agree with Greybird. Not the best look when with the green pads, but looks like a home run with the black pads and it manages to NOT look flashy when with the black pads even though it's not a typical color. I think it looks really good.

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HenryMaag View Post
    rpark,

I want to thank you for your "wrench", ...it hit me in the head; ...your comment about the light blue color ( "trying to compete with Planet Fitness style stuff" ) has been ringing in my ears ever since you made the comment. I completely agree with you, and will not pursue light blue any longer (it goes without saying that you will not see any light purple on any of my machines either).

Personally, my favorite colors are the standard "Gloss Black", "Silver" (I prefer the darker silvers), and to a lesser degree "White". I still do feel that "Bronze" is a possible option, in that it does look 'classy' (as you commented), and is significantly different from Black, Silver, and White.

Here are some pictures of my latest attempt at "Bronze". I put it on an old Lamb Pullover machine which we have in our basement gym. I upholstered the pads in black, because it was black on bronze that I saw at the trade show many years ago. I also feel that contrast between pads and frame on machines looks way better than a monotone (where both are the same color). I have had multiple customers request black on black, and have talked them into dark grey on black. This new "Bronze" color is relatively dark and may offer me a new option to suggest to the customers who want black on black (I could suggest black on dark bronze instead).

Any comments on this "Bronze" would be appreciated.
    I would probably prefer the silver or darker silver but I like this better then the previous bronze. To me it has the look of something custom for someone's expensive home. Basically it looks very nice to me.
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bronze with black pads looks pretty classy. Are you doing your own vinyl work?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Bronze with black pads looks pretty classy. Are you doing your own vinyl work?

Yes, I make the pads.

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

A new color option on CROSS AXES TECH machines

While on the subject of colors, What do you all think of the new color of silicon rubber grips which I have recently added to the grip options on the machines?

My machine's are all upholstered using vinyl from the US Naugahyde "Spirit Millennium" collection. These new grips allow the machines to be finished in a new bright red called "American Beauty". This is not the "Dark Cherry" color which I already offered.

The two machines pictured are going to Austria.
    Attached Images

Alright, thats the last time I take pictures with my camera in anything but the upright position. Even after editing them with the software (which, incidentally showed all pictures on file to be upright), they turned out sideways (even upside down) when I revisited the site.

Well, at least you can see the colors; which was my intent.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't like red, for personal reasons.....
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    While on the subject of colors, What do you all think of the new color of silicon rubber grips which I have recently added to the grip options on the machines?

My machine's are all upholstered using vinyl from the US Naugahyde "Spirit Millennium" collection. These new grips allow the machines to be finished in a new bright red called "American Beauty". This is not the "Dark Cherry" color which I already offered.

I've always liked red and black combinations on workout equipment, looks rad! In fact, I bought a custom seated leverage row a while back with silver vein as the main frame, red on the arms and black pads with red around the seat for the upholstery and it turned out to pair nicely like your work in the pics above.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright, thats the last time I take pictures with my camera in anything but the upright position. Even after editing them with the software (which, incidentally showed all pictures on file to be upright), they turned out sideways (even upside down) when I revisited the site.

Well, at least you can see the colors; which was my intent.
    My pictures have started doing that also for some reason when I upload them. They're rightside up on my phone and in Google Pictures when I look at them, but when I upload and post them they somehow are getting turned on their side. Started happening to me a couple of weeks ago.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Man that looks sharp! Nice work on those pieces!

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    My pictures have started doing that also for some reason when I upload them. They're rightside up on my phone and in Google Pictures when I look at them, but when I upload and post them they somehow are getting turned on their side. Started happening to me a couple of weeks ago.

Yea, it doesn't get too much more annoying than trying to look at a picture with your head tilted sideways in front of the screen (almost like colored text - for those who know what I,m talking about). At least now I understand that when I have seen others' pictures posted in the threads (some of HealthnutMD's pictures have turned out sideways) coming out sideways, that it wasn't their intent.

I have no idea what to do about 'upside down'.

Thirty years ago LAMB BODYBUILDING MACHINES was never mentioned along with Flex, Hammer, Icarian, and Nautilus. Nowadays CROSS AXES TECH is still not mentioned with Arsenal, Atlantis, Panata, Pendulum, and Prime.

Until the CROSS AXES TECH line starts getting mentioned as a Legitimate manufacturer of plate-loaded muscle-building machines along with these others, I intend to have my Elves, Gnomes, and Oompa Loompas keep turning out machines.

By the way, I, too, manufacture leg building machines. Here are some pictures for a recent order going to South Korea.
    Attached Images

OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50) OldButGame will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

I think a lot of people are going to love that 'small footprint' design, that's a beautiful thing for home gyms,...
    ....68 years,....and praying to god that muscle 'memory' is real !!!!!

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if I had the extra cash & space I would try out a few of these machines. watched a few videos on them.

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OldButGame View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to love that 'small footprint' design, that's a beautiful thing for home gyms,...
    I agree.
    It demonstrates that the basic design can be achieved in a small factor.
    Some manufacturers build equipment like floor space is an unlimited commodity.

I'd be very tempted by that leg press.
    Where are the videos mentioned above?

Edit: found the videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqF...BMaGfdA/videos
    Last edited by Oxidated; 02-26-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Thirty years ago LAMB BODYBUILDING MACHINES was never mentioned along with Flex, Hammer, Icarian, and Nautilus. Nowadays CROSS AXES TECH is still not mentioned with Arsenal, Atlantis, Panata, Pendulum, and Prime.

Until the CROSS AXES TECH line starts getting mentioned as a Legitimate manufacturer of plate-loaded muscle-building machines along with these others, I intend to have my Elves, Gnomes, and Oompa Loompas keep turning out machines.

By the way, I, too, manufacture leg building machines. Here are some pictures for a recent order going to South Korea.
    That compact design on the leg press machine looks great, do you make a bolt together version of your pieces, or only all welded?

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    That compact design on the leg press machine looks great, do you make a bolt together version of your pieces, or only all welded?

I do not make a production 'bolt together' machine. But just like the LAMB line, I do have a splice plate (a pair of bolt together flanges) which is welded into the particular machine's frame so that the transverse cross member (common to all of the machines) can be separated from the rest of the particular machine's frame. This, in turn, allows the machine's frame to be easily moved through almost any opening.

The machines are obviously targeted at 'facilities', so the greater issue for individuals (home gyms) is the $2000-$3000/machine price tag. Obviously I don't want to give up any sales to individuals who are willing to pay for them because of 'access issues'.

It is ‘Good Friday’; and like every ‘Good Friday’, I intend to say something about Jesus, and what He has done for us.

Don’t kid yourselves, when referring to our Creator (and it takes a ‘fool’ to be an atheist), the “Father” and the “Son” are “One”. On this day, some two thousand years ago, our Creator, of His own will, and on account of His love for us in making provision for His justice in making our forgiveness possible, was hung on a cross, like a piece of meat, and suffered unto death for you:

…..try to do something for Him.

The "Hack Squat" won't go away.

For those of you who have been following this thread, you know that I made an attempt at developing both a hack squat machine and a lat isolation machine a while back.

I eventually gave up on the hack squat design after having determined that it was too difficult to operate without counterweights (which I will not add to any of my machines).

Well, not only can I not get the pursuit of a hack squat machine out of my head, but I also (for anyone familiar with my website and the identification of my leg machines on the site) left ‘slots’ open at the L-2000 and L-3000 positions for the ‘hack squat’ and the ‘linear leg press’.

I intend to pursue these two machines. I am going to take a little different path this time with regards to the ‘hack squat’. As you know by reviewing the thread, I tried to build a ‘hack squat’ using double rockers to guide the sled assembly which, in turn, simply made it too hard to move. This time I intend to take a more traditional approach and use a sled that is guided by a linear bearing riding on a hardened steel shaft (much like a standard linear leg press), but with the significant difference that the upper end of the sled will join to a single rocker assembly which will swing the weights up through a circular path thus providing variable resistance. With some rearrangements of the foot plate and body support systems a ‘linear leg press’ can be built using the same design.

As it is currently, linear leg presses can only be made variable resistance by attaching ‘rubber bands’ to them, or by having them ‘loaded’ through attaching a cable (or belt) which is linked to a cam of some kind (as in the olden days - 70’s to 90’s). Elastic bands (besides being unnecessary if a machine is properly designed) present a hazard in a gym environment, if one were to fail (get a little tear along an edge - that could quickly propagate to a catastrophic tear across the band with the subsequent release of energy into someone’s body) someone could get seriously hurt.

I will keep anyone interested informed through pictures as I proceed with these two machines to round out my product offerings in the leg developing department. An education as to how to place a picture on the forum (instead of a link) would be much appreciated.

I have already prepared designs and ordered materials for these two prototypes.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For those of you who have been following this thread, you know that I made an attempt at developing both a hack squat machine and a lat isolation machine a while back.

I eventually gave up on the hack squat design after having determined that it was too difficult to operate without counterweights (which I will not add to any of my machines).

Well, not only can I not get the pursuit of a hack squat machine out of my head, but I also (for anyone familiar with my website and the identification of my leg machines on the site) left ‘slots’ open at the L-2000 and L-3000 positions for the ‘hack squat’ and the ‘linear leg press’.

I intend to pursue these two machines. I am going to take a little different path this time with regards to the ‘hack squat’. As you know by reviewing the thread, I tried to build a ‘hack squat’ using double rockers to guide the sled assembly which, in turn, simply made it too hard to move. This time I intend to take a more traditional approach and use a sled that is guided by a linear bearing riding on a hardened steel shaft (much like a standard linear leg press), but with the significant difference that the upper end of the sled will join to a single rocker assembly which will swing the weights up through a circular path thus providing variable resistance. With some rearrangements of the foot plate and body support systems a ‘linear leg press’ can be built using the same design.

As it is currently, linear leg presses can only be made variable resistance by attaching ‘rubber bands’ to them, or by having them ‘loaded’ through attaching a cable (or belt) which is linked to a cam of some kind (as in the olden days - 70’s to 90’s). Elastic bands (besides being unnecessary if a machine is properly designed) present a hazard in a gym environment, if one were to fail (get a little tear along an edge - that could quickly propagate to a catastrophic tear across the band with the subsequent release of energy into someone’s body) someone could get seriously hurt.

I will keep anyone interested informed through pictures as I proceed with these two machines to round out my product offerings in the leg developing department. An education as to how to place a picture on the forum (instead of a link) would be much appreciated.

Henry, you have some intriguing machines in your line, are there any in the UK?.

The simplest way to add pictures to BB.com is to use a photo sharing site, Imgur is really easy.
    It's free, open an account, you can add your pictures onto Imgur by dragging them directly from your photo library, Imgur automatically creates an IMG code for each individual Photograph,, just copy the code for forums and message boards, then paste it into your post.

Thank you, gym62richard.

I don't have any machines in the UK yet. I have machines in Austria and Germany, and I just shipped two more to a second place in Austria. These three locations are the only ones in Europe so far.

Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oxidated has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd like to see photos of the development process.
    It's interesting to see how first mock-up designs look in relation to the finished product.

CROSS AXES TECH now in New England

Finally, sending some machines to the New England region of the country, courtesy of Deepnoor Lali (in New York).
    Attached Images

[img]hcOOKb5 - Imgur.jpg[/img]

hcOOKb5 - Imgur.jpg

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Only wish you were closer to western Canada . Have you considered building a leg press / hack squat machine ?
    Every attempt I’ve seen always seemed to compromise somewhere. Usually the foot plate was way to small for the leg press to be effective.
    You’d think it was rocket science or something. Although maybe there is no way to make a decent combo machine , and separate machines are necessary.
    I think it would help if someone engineered a wider machine.
    I’m sure I could design one that would work well in both scenarios,but it’s going to be a while before I can find the time
    Make Misc great again

Well the ‘sled type’ leg machine project has begun; I just acquired the pipe for my two new leg machines.

I don’t think it should be any surprise (being that these are sled-type leg machines - which are all big long machines no matter who builds them) but these are the longest pipes I have used on any of my machines (118” for the hack squat and 115” for the linear leg press). The first picture shows them along side the main pipe for the Glute Press machine (one of my current large leg machines with a pipe 85.5” long).

Following plans I drew up for the two machines, I put two bends in each machine’s long pipe to form a kind of “S” shape (picture 2). While this did shorten each machine a little bit, it is still evident that these are going to be my two biggest machines. These “S” shaped bent pipes will mount each machine’s rotating weight arm at the upper-rearward end of the “S” and brace either the operator’s non-moving feet (in the case of the hack squat) or non-moving torso (in the case of the linear leg press) at the lower-forward end of the “S”.

Next I welded a diagonal brace pipe to each “S” shaped pipe to complete the basic frame of each machine (picture 3). This diagonal pipe will extend down from the back upper end of the respective machine’s “S” shaped pipe to a transverse pipe which will stabilize each respective machine (a design feature common to all of my machines). It will also mount the racking assembly on the linear leg press machine, which will engage the linear leg presses’ rotating weight arm to hold the moving assembly in a mid-movement position (like all of my other machines). This racking assembly mounted to the frame is easy on the linear leg press because the hand actuating lever for the machine is stationary and mounts to the machine’s frame by the frame mounted handlebars. The racking assembly on the hack squat machine will be more difficult, because the hand lever which will actuate it must be mounted to the machine’s moving carriage assembly which moves with the operator’s hands during the movement.

I have just ordered laser cut plates from my plate-cutting vendor, and am waiting on them for the next phase of frame construction.

CROSS AXES TECH Hack Squat & Linear Leg Press development

Well the ‘sled type’ leg machine project has begun; I just acquired the pipe for my two new leg machines.

I don’t think it should be any surprise (being that these are sled-type leg machines - which are all big long machines no matter who builds them) but these are the longest pipes I have used on any of my machines (118” for the hack squat and 115” for the linear leg press). The first picture shows them along side the main pipe for the Glute Press machine (one of my current large leg machines with a pipe 85.5” long).

Following plans I drew up for the two machines, I put two bends in each machine’s long pipe to form a kind of “S” shape (picture 2). While this did shorten each machine a little bit, it is still evident that these are going to be my two biggest machines. These “S” shaped bent pipes will mount each machine’s rotating weight arm at the upper-rearward end of the “S” and brace either the operator’s non-moving feet (in the case of the hack squat) or non-moving torso (in the case of the linear leg press) at the lower-forward end of the “S”.

Next I welded a diagonal brace pipe to each “S” shaped pipe to complete the basic frame of each machine (picture 3). This diagonal pipe will extend down from the back upper end of the respective machine’s “S” shaped pipe to a transverse pipe which will stabilize each respective machine (a design feature common to all of my machines). It will also mount the racking assembly on the linear leg press machine, which will engage the linear leg presses’ rotating weight arm to hold the moving assembly in a mid-movement position (like all of my other machines). This racking assembly mounted to the frame is easy on the linear leg press because the hand actuating lever for the machine is stationary and mounts to the machine’s frame by the frame mounted handlebars. The racking assembly on the hack squat machine will be more difficult, because the hand lever which will actuate it must be mounted to the machine’s moving carriage assembly which moves with the operator’s hands during the movement.

I have just ordered laser cut plates from my plate-cutting vendor, and am waiting on them for the next phase of frame construction.
    Attached Images