Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Henry, are any of your machines at the Miami Beach Iron Addicts location?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Sensible response, I can appreciate that. Although one thing, what is the actual game plan to crack into the market? You have taken these to a respectable gym, tested by heavy hitters, are they clearing out space to purchase these from you?

These machines have a designer/fancy look to them (with a heavy price tag), but on your site you describe them as 'Real Steel' and no fancy 'Bells and Whistles'. I don't see hardcore gyms dumping all their current plate loaded equipment to upgrade to unproven cross axes technology. Big box gyms are flooded with battle tested Hammer Strength, Life Fitness, Precor, Star Trac, and other popular commercial brands. Regardless of the science behind the motion, a smart man recently said to me 'Stress is stress'. You can't pull or push something without stressing tendons, and if people want less stress on their tendons then they will use less weight on their current machines. Another downside is that they do require more plates to get the same effect of a similair machine, the gyms local to me have a hard enough time Spreading around 45's during peak hours...

Dear Urbanlifter,

Sorry it took a while to get back with you, I have been on vacation and just returned.

I have no present "game plan" to crack the market, I am simply relying on the machines to sell themselves. I have always had the attitude that if my machines are crap then they are crap, and if, on the other hand, they are good and worthy of their price tag then they are good and worthy of their price tag.

Regarding making purchases: Of the two gyms that these machines are placed at, the Iron Addicts Gym has purchased one of the machines (the Cross Axes Pulldown machine) and while it has expressed interest in every one of the machines that I have brought it, it remains a business and can only purchase what it can afford. The owner at Metroflex has also expressed interest in the machines that it has received, but again is a business.

Regarding "clearing out space": Not only have the members at both of these gyms instantly met me at my truck each time I brought a new machine to try out, and carried it in (thank God), they (at Iron Addicts) have also bumped other machines outside to make room. (While I don't know how significant this is, or not, the members at Iron Addicts Gym have always moved another machine and placed the new machines in front of a mirror).

I will admit that the machines do look different from any other machines on the market (a lot of this is due to design following function with heavy members in simple frames), but they do not contain any "bells and whistles" (not if I can help it). I strive to design and build my machines as simply as possible, and all of their features are minimalistic and necessary.

While the machines are, in reality, relatively 'expensive' ($3000/machine), I can assure you that I am building them as efficiently as I can, and that they remain a 'good value'. As an example, I was referenced by a member at one of these gyms that a gym in south Orange County had an old Lamb B-300 vertical row machine from 30 plus years ago, so I went there and found it 'powder coated' and reupholstered and functioning like the day it was built (and many members said that it was the best back machine in the gym and got a heck of a lot of use, and with heavy weights). My point is, that these machines "last", and that "lasting" is a function of use. If a machine never gets used, it will last forever (or until the elements break it down), on the other hand, if a machine is used continually it is a much better testament to its actual durability. For example, I was a member at Holiday Spa back in the 70's, and worked out four days a week for 1.5-2 hours per day and only saw a certain Nautilus lat isolation machine used twice in 6 years.

The tag line "The Real Steel" is to conjure in people's minds a return to the basics, when muscle-building machines were built extremely heavy duty (although I will admit that I have never known any 'production manufacturer' to match the construction of Lamb Bodybuilding Machines in their day - and I have known most of all of them including Bodymasters, Cybex, Flex, Hammer Strength, Icarian, Nautilus, and many others). I truly believe, that each machine that I sell will back and reinforce the words that I say regarding both their effectiveness and durability.

Regarding "dumping all of their plate-loaded equipment": I don't advise this either. Variety is a good thing in muscular development. I see my machines more as a complement to other manufacturers' machines. That being said, yes, I design and build my machines with the intent to be superior to all others (especially in the categories of effective muscle loading throughout an exercise stroke, an durability and reliability). It is on the basis of "durability and reliability" that I hope to make significant inroads into the pro and college markets. But, once again, the machines must sell themselves.

Some machines are 'marketed' through the efforts of a strong sales force that knows how to sell end users. I'm sure we can all think of machines which have been 'marketed' in the past which were a lousy product, but after the manufacturer's sales force "slapped some lipstick on that pig", managed to sell many units to non-discriminating buyers.

Regarding "stress being stress", in the muscular movement chain the muscle bellies are the weakest link (perhaps through divine design) and are the part of the chain that adjusts most readily to the demands put on it. Yes, you stress all parts of the chain (including tendons and ligaments), but at low speeds and low accelerations it is the muscle bellies that will give out first (in effect, protecting the rest of the chain).

The requirement for more weights is a trade-off with developing muscle tissue for end users. Yes, gyms will have to purchase more weights in order to support these machines, but weights aren't that expensive in the bigger picture.

Thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HenryMaag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nebamartinez View Post
    Henry,

I had no idea these machines were that HUGE!!! Holy crap 💩. They appear to be very sturdy when in actual use.

Good gym choice in my opinion. Old school gyms are awesome! What's more, a gym setting with user feedback is in my opinion a great asset or tool that can definitely be used to gather invaluable user feedback and data to refine each machine. Are you distributing questionnaires asking people to participate by giving input on their experiences with these machines? Demo videos next to each machine would be cool.

Your machines appear to be very smooth in operation and the ROM (arc) appears natural. Is there some diverging in the ROM? What sort of joints are used for pivot points? Are there bearings of some sort? Can the ROM be adjusted on these machines? Is there anyway to increase the resistance (besides adding more iron weight) or alter the power curve? A cam to move the fulcrum or lever? I think it would be great to incorporate band rollers and hooks to allow for variable resistance. This would drastically reduce the number of iron plates needed.

Moreover, perhaps include an area to store bands on the machines... or if possible incorporate some weight horns on the machines for plate storage.

If there is a post or thread I've missed that answers any of my questions I apologize for beating a dead horse.

If possible can you find some powerlifting gyms in Cali and let some powerlifting meatheads give those machines a run for their money 😎👍.

Dear Nebamartinez,

Yes, they are "very sturdy when in actual use", and this is due to their heavy construction and symmetrical designs.

While I am not "distributing questionnaires", I am gathering feedback both directly from the people using the machines and through personal observation of the machines in use. All of this feedback is, in turn, being incorporated into machine design adjustments. I am fortunate enough that I have the old Lamb Bodybuilding Machines individual machine designs as starting points for these experiments (in that many years of design refinements went into them).

Thank you for your complements on the machines "appearing to be very smooth in operation" and possessing "natural ROM (arcs)". The 'smoothness' is inherent in the machine construction (that is, the way the moving parts are designed and articulated). The 'natural ranges of motion' must be designed into the machines, and admittedly requires trade-offs because all human bodies are not the same (although I do try my hardest to design the machines' interfaces with the human body to accommodate the greatest range of human bodies that I can with the least amount of adjustments possible).

Regarding "diverging" in the range of motion: The 'cross axes technology' does not involve "diverging" or "converging" movements, but, rather, "applies the resistive load through an arcuate path through the same plane that the operator's upper arm moves through while performing the exercise", resulting in an absolute maximum range of motion.

The Cross Axes Tech machines (just like the Lamb Bodybuilding Machines 1000 Series predecessors that they are being modeled after) all utilize "roller bearing" articulations. Roller bearings are actually slightly lower in friction than the 'pillow block' ball bearings which are common in the plate-loaded machine industry, but their real virtue is their inherent ability to handle many times the radial loads that a 'pillow block' ball bearing can, by virtue of the fact that the loading on a "roller" is along a "line", while the loading on a "ball" is at a "point".

The 'pre-stretch' end of the range of motion on these machines can be adjusted by a screw-type support which limits the weight bar's travel. The 'extended' end of these machine's ranges of motion are all open (accommodating operator's through 6'6"), and because of each machine's racking mechanism, a maximum range of motion is available to all operators.

The only way to "increase the resistance" is to add more weight to the machine's weight bars, and the power curve (load curve) is fixed to apply the most efficient muscle loading (at non-inertial speeds) for the 'average' strength athlete that I have been able to come up with through many years of experience.

The "adjustable cam" and "multiple arm weight loading arms" being used by Prime (Strive), which do make possible changing the force output curve to accommodate different training protocols, are not a force-varying mechanism that I use on my machines. The only advantage that I see for those types of machines is the ability to change the force output curve to accommodate different training velocities; and my intent is not to develop machines which become a "Jack of all trades (master of none)", but, rather, a "Master of non-inertial muscle building".

Regarding "bands": The bottom line in muscle building is the load being applied at each point in the range of motion; and it is not important whether the load is applied through a steel plate moving through the gravitational field or a rubber band changing its length.

I add weight horns on my machines wherever I 'practically' can; that being said, I do prefer to keep the machines as small and light as 'functionally' possible.

Finally, I know that there is a 'powerlifting' squad at the Metroflex Gym, but I brought the squat machine to the Iron Addicts Gym first. It will rotate over to the Metroflex Gym in a few months.

I hope I have answered all of your questions.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Henry, are any of your machines at the Miami Beach Iron Addicts location?

Dear AttyGuy,

No, I do not have any Cross Axes Tech machines outside of southern California at this time. Is there an Iron Addicts Gym in Miami Beach? are they some kind of chain?

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Henry, there is an Iron Addicts gym in Miami Beach. I wouldn't call the gym a chain, however.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

"Eye Candy" for those who are into Lincoln Towncars or plate-loaded machines

Dear 2MoreRepz,

Here is a shot of my mother's 97' Lincoln Towncar, with a newly developed 25° cross-axes incline press partially blocking your view.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    Attached Images

Henry, there is an Iron Addicts gym in Miami Beach. I wouldn't call the gym a chain, however.

Dear AttyGuy,

I know this response is way late, but I was curious and went to the internet and looked up "Iron Addicts Gym Miami" and found that this gym was raided for steroid sales. Wow!

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it's permanently shut down (I might be wrong). It was/is in the Wynnwood neighborhood of Miami and NOT in Miami Beach. After I completed my residency training, I kinda sorta wanted to stay in Miami and almost took a job at Mount Sinai in Miami Beach, had I taken that job I would have signed up for Iron Addicts... and my current home gym with my beautiful flag mural would have never been.

Originally Posted by Bmad16 View Post
    I think it's permanently shut down (I might be wrong). It was/is in the Wynnwood neighborhood of Miami and NOT in Miami Beach. After I completed my residency training, I kinda sorta wanted to stay in Miami and almost took a job at Mount Sinai in Miami Beach, had I taken that job I would have signed up for Iron Addicts... and my current home gym with my beautiful flag mural would have never been.

Dear Bmad16,

Its a shame, looking at some of the pictures on their website, it looked like it would have been a nice gym. Well, perhaps someone else will come along and try to make a go of it. There always seems to be a market for serious lifters, and I know that they aren't joining the "Planet Fitnesses".

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Henry

I'm curious about your manufacturing techniques.

How do to bent your solid round bar to make your handles and movement arms?

JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCB003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is pretty remarkable considering it appears you are building these machines in what looks like a residential 2 car garage. Hard to imagine having the space and equipment necessary in that setting with as many processes involved...cutting, welding, drilling/punching, forming, bending/rolling, CNC burning, powder coating etc - plus the upholstery work. Is this being done offsite and you are assembling them in the garage? Lots of things go into producing the final product, research and engineering, CAD design / modeling, biomechanics, testing, development. I've worked in industrial design and contract metal manufacturing for 25 years - mostly in heavy equipment for industry giants - in all aspects from from fabrication to sales and marketing to project management. The equipment needed to do this type of work is expensive and takes up space. I'm amazed you are doing this alone. I recently left that field and went into commercial / custom metal fabrication but also on the side build furniture incorporating steel and reclaimed wood and to workout equipment / accessories for my personal use. Protect your designs if possible.

You said you didn't have much of a marketing plan but getting your name and product out there is pretty easy right now. You should have a website, I wouldn't worry about much content on it now, if you're successful that can be developed in the future because depending on your market you may need a point of sale interface...look at Rogue, Legend and some others who do it right. Just a simple attractive professional homepage is enough with some basic info, coming soon / under development type notice and have a big bold link to your Instagram page. Social media is king and it's free. ********, Instagram and Snapchat - have an active presence on all of them. Right now Instagram is huge for fitness industry professionals and I'd focus efforts there. Almost everyone in the industry has an Instagram page and works on growing it and connecting to others. Followers are free advertising. People love to post pictures and tag. Start by following the top fitness IG profiles in powerlifting, bodybuilding, strongman, fitness/bikini competitors, IFBB pros, NPC competitors, personal trainers, Crossfitters, boxing / mma, top athletes in various sports - NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, soccer, tennis, golf, swimming, cycling etc... also crossover celebs / stars who have a fitness focus like the Rock, national and local gyms, fitness federations, nutrition/supplement companies, other fitness equipment companies and major lifestyle brands like Nike, Under Armour, GoPro etc. You can also see who these people follow for more ideas. Lots of fake accounts so pick the verified ones with the blue check mark if in doubt. There are also lots of non-famous people who are IG famous in fitness - they can have tens of thousands to millions of followers. You should be following all the guys in the gym who are using your equipment too, just ask them to if you can get some photos of them using equipment, tag them @....., their followers will see it and spread it. Use some popular fitness hashtags that will connect you to like minded people like #fitlife, #fitfam #gymlife #shredded etc and create some of your own like #CATstong #CATgainz #therealsteel Easy to find lists of popular fitness hashtags...use them. They will land you followers. It takes some time and daily effort. If you have good pics and content people will hit follow.

Go to powerlifting events, bodybuilding / fitness competitions etc and take pics and post and tag - all these have IG pages too so you get the association and audience even if your product isn't directly involved....congratulate competitors etc, support and repost for events all over the country - even if you don't actually go, the key is support them. Eventually you may even be in a position to sponsor or support even on a local level. Comment or like fitness / workout posts in the recent posts or top posts. You also need way better pics, the good news is you can do it with a phone. Play with the macros, settings, filters etc. Don't use those pics from your driveway. The gym ones are ok tho if you need something immediate. You're in a good location to find people to work with. You'll see what works and looks good from things that show up in your feed.

Another thing you can do is the tag / repost / comment to win type of contests. These are easy and popular on IG and take little effort to manage. Have a small prize like a workout shirt or a pre-workout supplement or something someone wants that is fitness related...not some junk. Would be best to be something with your brand but that might be hard for you right now since your product is large machines. Great way to get exposure.

There are people you can hire to manage social media but it's easy enough to do on your own. Don't release all your pics at one time. Spread them out you should be posting one or two a day so make it good, generally if you have people in it it's better and include positive, inspiration or motivational caption or ask a question to solicit responses followed by a few hashtags. Vary content and subject with different styles and add short videos (save the longer ones for YouTube)- you want to reach as many people as possible - have harcore lifters, fitness chicks, crossfit types using your equipment - for anyone with a large IG presence this would cost money but you can start with people with the right look in the gyms you are testing in. If it's equipment only photos you really need the lighting and background correct. Stick with commercial gym or box facility / garage gym background, no cars or plants or neighbors houses...don't spam with 20 pics a day but feel free to comment or like as many pics by others as you want. Until your ready for professional copy use publisher or adobe to create one page layouts with pic and description / specs / contact info for each machine and post those to IG. It's not hard to get semi profession looking with some practice and the right the copy, pic and layout. Not sure how familiar you are with IG marketing but that's IG 101 in a nutshell.

The equipment looks good and appears to function well. You should change the colors of the pads tho, it makes your stuff look dated. I'd get rid of the banding or piping too. Maybe all black pads with the silver frames. For black frames use black or bright bold colors not the muted shades you have currently. I'd also make all grips black, they are going to get nasty looking quick and you don't want people to skip by your equipment because the handles are stained - if you cant' see it it's not an issue. Also alter your name...it doesn't flow very well. Use acronym CAT and get a simple identifiable logo it will look much better. Pick a good bold legible font and keep it one color vinyl sticker or cnc burn it thru a plate and have it as a gusset on the machine. Don't put your tagline on your equipment either, just your name. You can have the full name on your website / IG page and consider using Cross Axes Technologies vs Cross Axes Tech. Use the tagline in advertising to highlight construction and heavy duty nature you want to convey but not on the actual equipment itself. I'm not a huge fan of the tagline but I see what you are doing with it and it #tags ok. People love heavy duty (but usually don't want to pay for it.) Your customer will determine if the plate loading arms are going to cause you headaches if they aren't chrome plated and capped. It's weight lifting equipment - it scratches and chips which might not bother most but there are enough people who will complain and about the finish wearing or chipping off on something with metal to metal contact points...if your market is commercial you might be ok if it's consumer they will want it to look new forever. Expand your line to include accessories, cages, stands, plate trees, power tower, benches etc and you're the next Rogue!

Good luck with your return.
    Last edited by JCB003; 07-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    I'm curious about your manufacturing techniques.

How do to bent your solid round bar to make your handles and movement arms?

Dear qaz123,

I use hydraulics. I have many metal fabricating machines which I kept from my failed attempt to start a muscle-building machine fabricating company 30 years ago.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Dear JCB003,

Thank you for the complement regarding my efforts to restart a presence in the muscle-building market as a legitimate manufacturer of plate-loaded muscle-building machines, as I have been working hard on it recently.

I am not actually building the machines in a two car garage and I do use supporting vendors.

Thank you for the advice on "protecting my designs if possible". "Utility Patents" are not possible on any of these designs at this point (the "prior art" is all we established - a lot of it being my own from 30 years ago), and given your apparent experience in the field, you and I both know that "design patents" are basically useless.

While I do not have a detailed "marketing plan", I am convinced that my machines are superior to anything else in their target field, that they are priced fairly, and that given the chance they will impress and will, in the end, sell themselves.

I do have a website already, it is "crossaxestech.com".

I will confess that I don't know much about "Instagram", "Social Media", "********", and "Snapchat", but your comments look both sincere and well thought out; and I will pass them on to my son regarding spreading my market presence through the means that you have suggested (as I am certain that he will know better what you are talking about).

The name "Cross Axes Tech" is indicative of the new technology that I am using, and while your suggestion of using the name "Cross Axes Technologies" is tempting it would be both longer to pronounce and would yield a smaller font on labels. The tag line "The Real Steel" must remain with the label, as I want end users to eventually realize that "Cross Axes Tech" builds machines that are the "real steel" (heavy-duty, durable, and reliable), a claim that I am certain the the machines which I design and build will back.

I want to personally thank you for all of the information you have shared with me, I can see that you are both sincere and have a wealth of knowledge on the subject of marketing in modern times.

I am presently rebuilding some more duplicates of the old "Lamb Bodybuilding Machines" (my former company) 1000 series (the pinnacle of my product offerings then) machines, and I will take your advice and have then powder coated silver and apply black pads and grips to them.

Again, thank you very much for all of your constructive comments,

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

[b]"New Plate-Loaded Machines"[/b]

Dear Forum Members,

For those who have never seen or experienced Lamb Bodybuilding Machines (my previous company) or its products, I have been placing pictures (and videos of the machines in use) of rebuilt duplicates, built from the plans for that old product line, on this forum and on the internet on 'You Tube'. In addition, I am trying to make myself available to anyone who may have any questions regarding that old line.

This forum has given me an avenue to 'vent my frustrations at having failed to get noticed back then', and I am grateful for that. I have started this thread for the forum members entertainment, or simply for those who would like to see something different in muscle-building machines than that which has been 'out there' for some 30 years now.

My fabricating machines, which I kept from back then, have been getting bored (with nothing to do), so I have put them back in use, and as long as my brother supplies me with money for materials, I am committed to rebuilding the old line for people who have never seen or experienced it.

Here are a few pictures of rebuilt versions of the old Lamb L-3000 Glute Press (with a new 'twist' - which I just added) and an A-1000 Arm Curl.

Note the 'turnbuckle' linkage on the Glute Press which allows the operator to adjust the foot plate orientation (pitch) to their own liking (a feature which the old Lamb Glute Press did not possess).

If there are any questions, please, ask away.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

P.S. I had them powder coated in 'silver', and applied 'black' pads and grips at your suggestion JCB003.
    Attached Images

Something new in a plate-loaded shoulder press.

Dear forum members (or anyone interested),

Here are a few pictures of a cross-axes shoulder press placed at a new gym on my demo list. It is at Sam Tonikian's "FIT NATION GYM" in Norwalk, CA.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    Attached Images

Plate Loaded Machines

Dear forum Members,

I am working on something new.

Would anyone out there like to see something new?

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty cool thread.

Seems more like a hobby than a business venture though. Nothing wrong with that either.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HenryMaag View Post
    Dear forum Members,

I am working on something new.

Would anyone out there like to see something new?

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    Ill bite, what you got cooking?

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Ill bite, what you got cooking?

Dear Hardgains88,

May I have your email address. I will send pictures directly to you.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slik is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    These look really cool. I'll be out your way in a few weeks. Maybe I can demo them?

Originally Posted by slik View Post
    These look really cool. I'll be out your way in a few weeks. Maybe I can demo them?

Dear slik,

That sounds great. Let me know when your coming or whatever information that you need, and we will get together, and I will show you what I am manufacturing.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Don3056 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Henry,
    I'm interested in some good plateloaded pieces, I own many MedX and Pendulum pieces I would love to demo some of your chest press, shoulder and bicep. I live in SoCal, let me know .

Originally Posted by Don3056 View Post
    Henry,
    I'm interested in some good plateloaded pieces, I own many MedX and Pendulum pieces I would love to demo some of your chest press, shoulder and bicep. I live in SoCal, let me know .

Dear Don3056,

Where do you live in SoCal (I'm in Huntington Beach)? I can be contacted at my email address (henrymaag6@gmail.com). I would love to have someone else on this forum experience one of my machines.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Dear Hardgains88,

May I have your email address. I will send pictures directly to you.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Dear Hardgains88,

If you would like, you (or anyone on this thread for that matter) can contact me at my email address, henrymaag6@gmail.com, and I will share the information on what I am up to (as I don't see any reason to share with those who are not really interested anyway).

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leaf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dear Hardgains88,

If you would like, you (or anyone on this thread for that matter) can contact me at my email address, henrymaag6@gmail.com, and I will share the information on what I am up to (as I don't see any reason to share with those who are not really interested anyway).

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    I think more are interested than you think. This forum is full of equipment nerds.

Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    I think more are interested than you think. This forum is full of equipment nerds.

Dear Leaf,

OK, for you "equipment nerds" out there, here are a few more pictures of the prototype Inverted Leg Press.
    Attached Images

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dear Leaf,

OK, for you "equipment nerds" out there, here are a few more pictures of the prototype Inverted Leg Press.

Embedded.

My two cents: Within this thread, I think it's okay to post photos like this and to also tell us about what you've been working on. Just don't go overboard and turn it into a sales pitch...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    Embedded.

My two cents: Within this thread, I think it's okay to post photos like this and to also tell us about what you've been working on. Just don't go overboard and turn it into a sales pitch...

Dear KBKB,

Thank you for the help with the embeds, I remember you, you have helped me before and given me good advice. I certainly will try to keep from getting "banned" again.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag

"A Blast From The Past"

Here are a few pictures of the rebuilt version of the old Lamb Bodybuilding Machines L-3000 Glute Press, recently placed at Fit Nation Gym in Norwalk, CA.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    Attached Images

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Here are a few pictures of the rebuilt version of the old Lamb Bodybuilding Machines L-3000 Glute Press, recently placed at Fit Nation Gym in Norwalk, CA.

Sincerely,

Henry Maag
    Pics embedded.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14