Page 182 of 187 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 5583
    SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SOJA has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    AMD doesn't use CUDA. Dual GPU causes relational data issues. It's like trying to shove data down a same way two lane highway and having to hand off data in the correct stream. SLI is an actually easier way but developers hardly used it. For gaming, you'd still need developers to put forth the effort in terms of thread handoff and data rendering for it to work properly, and at that, to get maximal performance out a dual gpu card.

The theory that RDNA1 being a test bed holds water if anything of the PS5 or XBox is to be believed. It's as close to a modern day computer as you can get using the same hardware. SSD tech will be different with custom controllers, though. The bigger you make a GPU die or an CPU die using a monolithic process, the higher chance you'll have production errors between masks. So you may have to fuse off computer units/cores and delegate it to a lower level card or trash that die. MCM in GPUs will be the future but they're not really viable at the moment.

For the record, multi gpu cards exist for scientific use. These are usually slotted into fabbed systems that can take dozens of cards at once to crunch data. The programs used for their use excel at correctly handing off and getting back crunched data. The market for that is hundreds of times more profitable than consumer side.

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Keep in mind until last year the 1080TI was still the second best consumer card and the 1070, and 1080's are still competitive. The biggest benefit for the 2XXX series was RTX and Streaming which have limited use case for most of us.

I would just sit and wait because I suspect we are about to see some real generational improvements from both Red and Green.
    That wasn't my point though.

The 2080Ti is faster than the 1080Ti though many didn't believe that the price hike made it a worthy upgrade.

The 1080Ti was released in March of 2017.

The Radeon VII (roughly a 1080Ti) was released in February of 2019 - pretty much two years later.

Now, one year after the release of the Radeon VII, stories abound online (normally from shills) about how there is a miracle architecture that AMD has which will let it compete with the 3080Ti which should be significantly faster than the 2080Ti which was somewhat faster than the 1080Ti - the last card AMD could compete with, 2 years later.

If AMD can simply leapfrog the 2XXX generation and jump from 1080Ti performance to 3080Ti performance - good for them. I hope they shake up the GPU space like they have the CPU space. I'm just not optimistic there - Nvidia and Intel are very different companies and anyone thinking Nvidia is lethargic in its pursuit of the single GPU king space is naive.

▶⛅💩🔗   🔊📶 99%🔌🔋3:14 MiscMathematician's Avatar
    MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Best Skyrim SE Mod for overhauling graphics to begin with? Would like to avoid installing multiple right now.

I tried SMIM but Nexus Mod Manager wont play nice. It's been stuck on "Moving" for 2 hours with no ETA/transfer info, so IDK.

edit: found out my problem installing Mods. Tried a few, and kept getting an error I couldnt find relating to NMM. After disabling Malwarebytes it worked fine. So weird
    Last edited by MiscMathematician; 07-02-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    ** Official Math Thread http://goo.gl/VpMlfQ **

PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    haven't been in here in forever, but just moved into a new house... super cheap so it's also very small.

I am getting hyped designing it

Last edited by PositiveCrew; 07-03-2020 at 03:02 AM.
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬
    **** PC Master Race Crew****

💪 Registered Weapon 💪 MrJensenn's Avatar
    MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PositiveCrew View Post
    haven't been in here in forever, but just moved into a new house... super cheap so it's also very small.

I am getting hyped designing it

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Df9Goez.jpg[/mg]

You should curve the middle section instead of going 90 degrees. It's so much better.
    IKEA has pre-curved tables in the cheap, solid series of theirs.
    You aren't tough with few hours of sleep. You're just killing yourself.
    You're also missing out on gains, brains and energy.

Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34466963-why-we-sleep

PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PositiveCrew has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MrJensenn View Post
    You should curve the middle section instead of going 90 degrees. It's so much better.
    IKEA has pre-curved tables in the cheap, solid series of theirs.
    What's better about it?

I'm trying to stay away from full desks, as they're usually heavy and I end up moving a lot of stuff on my own.

I like the idea of using cabinets on the end, and then just kitchen tabletops, like this:

+++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's better about it?

I'm trying to stay away from full desks, as they're usually heavy and I end up moving a lot of stuff on my own.

I like the idea of using cabinets on the end, and then just kitchen tabletops, like this:

It just looked like you were going for a setup with a 90 degree angle.
    I myself am using 2x60cm tables in one straight line (like in the video you linked).

I kinda botched my measurements the first time around. was missing a whole 12" of depth, had the doorway even with the closet when there was really a 22" offset... etc.

so this is V2

I have all the 27" monitors and 34" already... looking to purchase a Herman Miller Aeron, and now wanting to wall mount a 50"+ TV. LC9s look good, but I need to do more research

also Ikea isn't shipping stuff until mid August.. and no stores within 4 hours of me. big RIP. ended up buying some cheap Amazon desks.

I'm going back through this thread now and reading about all of the new upcoming tech. I've been out of the loop for what seems like forever

still running the trusty SLI 1080ti and i7-8700k I built last year I think
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bongowongo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I kinda botched my measurements the first time around. was missing a whole 12" of depth, had the doorway even with the closet when there was really a 22" offset... etc.

so this is V2

I have all the 27" monitors and 34" already... looking to purchase a Herman Miller Aeron, and now wanting to wall mount a 50"+ TV. LC9s look good, but I need to do more research

also Ikea isn't shipping stuff until mid August.. and no stores within 4 hours of me. big RIP. ended up buying some cheap Amazon desks.

I'm going back through this thread now and reading about all of the new upcoming tech. I've been out of the loop for what seems like forever

still running the trusty SLI 1080ti and i7-8700k I built last year I think

Damn bro, that looks super cramped though. Are you sharing a house or do you just have the room?

Might as well stick the tv in the living room and then maybe a laptop on the desk in your room and move the desktop to the living room as well.

But I kinda guess where you're comin from too I guess, I live in an apartment alone and I have my main rig/ps4/desktop in my room as well. If I do buy an OLED, I'll stick it to the living room because the unit's tv is fkkn tiny and chit compared to my monitor, so thats why I just keep em in my room, even though its cramped because of it.
    Sig line can't be a novel

▶⛅💩🔗   🔊📶 99%🔌🔋3:14 MiscMathematician's Avatar
    MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MiscMathematician has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I work 50%/game 99% just on my TV so I could live with that space.

But damn, a TV, 3 monitors right next to my bed might drive me nuts.
    ** Official Math Thread http://goo.gl/VpMlfQ **

Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    Damn bro, that looks super cramped though. Are you sharing a house or do you just have the room?

Might as well stick the tv in the living room and then maybe a laptop on the desk in your room and move the desktop to the living room as well.

But I kinda guess where you're comin from too I guess, I live in an apartment alone and I have my main rig/ps4/desktop in my room as well. If I do buy an OLED, I'll stick it to the living room because the unit's tv is fkkn tiny and chit compared to my monitor, so thats why I just keep em in my room, even though its cramped because of it.
    I traded my massive $1600/mo solo apartment for a 3400 sq ft house for $400/mo in the country with a garage and a yard lol (but with roommates)

For some reason I never had a TV in my apartment. Back in college my 40" Wasabi Mango 4k monitor was awesome for watching Netflix and playing MMO games like WoW. all the tech is so cheap and so much better now, I'm itching to get into OLED for the 'Flix, and maybe gaming if it ends up decently equipped to do so.

I know that if I stick a TV in the living room, I'll never use it though.
    Last edited by PositiveCrew; 07-04-2020 at 12:33 AM.
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can someone let me know what are the key things I need to look for in a gaming monitor?

I have no idea what's going on when people throw around descriptions like 1080, 4K, response time etc etc.

I thought higher refresh rates would be a good thing but then I see monitors with higher refresh rates but the 144 refresh rate monitors are more expensive than the higher ones? Confused.

I would be 90% playing FPS games and the odd game like The Witcher.

hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hiyooo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by R3L3NTL3SS View Post
    The bottom line for me is I still won't go AMD on a GPU...fanboys can say what they want, but AMD STILL has total dog**** drivers. I still see people allll the time with driver issues on 5700XT, etc, which should have been sorted out a long ass time ago.

I'll just keep paying more for team green. The software end is as solid as the hardware end every time.
    I can confirm I was 5700XT. I never had any issues with it before but recently I started having some minor issues in some games idk why. Their Ryzen CPUs are solid tho.

Originally Posted by TheNBAisAjoke View Post
    Can someone let me know what are the key things I need to look for in a gaming monitor?

I have no idea what's going on when people throw around descriptions like 1080, 4K, response time etc etc.

I thought higher refresh rates would be a good thing but then I see monitors with higher refresh rates but the 144 refresh rate monitors are more expensive than the higher ones? Confused.

If your eyes can't tell the difference, no point of getting higher refresh rates like 144 hz

https://www.testufo.com/

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Can't tell you a resolution to go for if we don't know your PC specs.
    If you mostly play FPS games, you'll want at least a 120hz refresh IMO.

TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheNBAisAjoke has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hiyooo View Post
    I can confirm I was 5700XT. I never had any issues with it before but recently I started having some minor issues in some games idk why. Their Ryzen CPUs are solid tho.

If your eyes can't tell the difference, no point of getting higher refresh rates like 144 hz

https://www.testufo.com/
    I'm on a Mac and it just goes up to the 60 frames on that website.

Clear difference between the 60 and lower though.

Can't tell you a resolution to go for if we don't know your PC specs.
    If you mostly play FPS games, you'll want at least a 120hz refresh IMO.
    I haven't got a PC as yet.

I'll likely pick up a 2080ti when the new gen comes out when they hopefully dip a little in price/Black Friday sales

I'd probably look at the 3700x from AMD as my CPU.

Refresh rate is king.

If you're serious into gaming, get a 1080p 240hz monitor or something.

If you're more casual (IE me, Apex plat player) I prefer to have a 1440p 100hz monitor. Not as good for competitive FPS, but looks a lot better
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

Refresh rate is king.

If you're serious into gaming, get a 1080p 240hz monitor or something.

If you're more casual (IE me, Apex plat player) I prefer to have a 1440p 100hz monitor. Not as good for competitive FPS, but looks a lot better
    On your last point - you can get cheap 1440p 165Hz monitors these days (Dell S3220DGF) which I have, it has been awesome since day one.
    I personally didn't like gaming on ultrawides so I went with a 32" curved 2560x1440 which has more height (16:9 vs 21:9) than your typical 3440x1440p ultrawide, but less pixel density. When I tried gaming on ultrawide it was a 35" AOC 3440x1440.

If you want some of the best monitor for FPS your best bet would be on your typical Benq Zowie monitor such as XL2540/2546/... these are the 240Hz variants which most CS:GO pros use (https://prosettings.net/cs-go-pro-settings-gear-list/).
    (Difference between 2540 and 2546 are DyAc technology to reduce motion blur: https://zowie.benq.com/en/what-is-dyac.html)
    The Benq ones can be tuned to perfection for FPSes/MOBAs etc. I have 2 Benq XL2411 which I have retired (using one as a TV atm). Have had them for years and they have worked perfectly. The black equalizer setting which are now very common wasn't so common previously and I remember maxing it in Rust when farming while night. It made it possible to see in the dark And when peeking in dark on dd2 before they tuned the lightning.

And btw - I went from 24" 144Hz 1080p to 32" 165Hz 1440p and my main jam is CSGO.
    I love the monitor although I play on 1920x1080 stretched.

I had some issue with motion blur in movies, but not in game - found out that it was the response time that was set to extreme made movies have motion blur, but not in games, and vice versa.
    Last edited by MrJensenn; 07-04-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Originally Posted by MrJensenn View Post
    On your last point - you can get cheap 1440p 165Hz monitors these days (Dell S3220DGF) which I have.
    32" curved but no 21:9. unfortunate really haha

I'm still rocking the old Samsung CF791 that @InstantLoser referred me to years ago.

For anyone who isn't super extra competitive, I would suggest 27 - 34" and 1440p as the top priority. Especially for MMOs, YouTube, etc it is so night and day above 1080p. And then you can pick between 100, 144, 165hz and your orientation (16:9 vs 21:9) based on preference and budget

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was about to pull the trigger on a $750 renewed Herman Miller Aeron on Amazon, then I found this beauty on craigslist:

$350 picked up, 10 miles away

turns out the seller had worked for Herman Miller and it's a one off, fully loaded Aeron. pretty legit.

I do hate the lions tho.. and the chair has tints of blue but my whole setup is colored red.

Guess I just have to build a PC to match the chair now
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For anyone who isn't super extra competitive, I would suggest 27 - 34" and 1440p as the top priority. Especially for MMOs, YouTube, etc it is so night and day above 1080p.
    I don't know what finally "clicked" for me, but suddenly my 24" 1920x1200 monitors have started feeling grossly undersized the last few weeks. Never felt like this before about them, but suddenly the desire for a 1440p setup is real.

NewEgg finally approved my refund for the dead 1660S they sent me after I asked a chat agent to try and get a status update on it today.

Ordered a Gigabyte 3 fan 1660S, hopefully that one works. Still waiting on 8GB of RAM to come in the mail from asia land.

My setup is going to be an i7-4970K, 1660 Super, 16GB DDR3, antiquated SSD. Definitely a combination of a weak and outdated system, but it will handle emulation well including Dolphin and Cemu @ 4K or 1440p, which is what I mostly care about (the PC is hooked up to my TV, not monitors). Most PC exclusives tend to be indie-developed games that aren't too taxing in the performance department, so between this build and my One-X, should cover a lot of ground. Pretty excited to finally put it all together
    irl_vegeta

R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) R3L3NTL3SS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    34" 3440X1440 master race.

38" master race actually. I always thought they were the same vertical size as 34" (which is the same as a 27"), but they are not!

so safe to say I'm shopping around now either for 38" or 49" monitors.

I want to swap away from 3 oddly sized (34" landscape, 27" portrait, 27" landscape) and get something with about the same real estate, but that looks more pleasing. (and hopefully takes up less desk space since I'm limited)
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

38" master race actually. I always thought they were the same vertical size as 34" (which is the same as a 27"), but they are not!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IZSkGQ4l.png[/ig]

so safe to say I'm shopping around now either for 38" or 49" monitors.

I want to swap away from 3 oddly sized (34" landscape, 27" portrait, 27" landscape) and get something with about the same real estate, but that looks more pleasing. (and hopefully takes up less desk space since I'm limited)
    Nah, I'd want 4K beyond 34".

KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KathleenRyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2x24" 1080p poverty race reporting in ;_;

They're 60hz too lmfao.
    irl_vegeta

Originally Posted by KathleenRyan View Post

They're 60hz too lmfao.
    Lmao damn brah. Quality 1080 monitors are so damn cheap compared to 1440 and 4k. What you waiting for to upgrade?

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And I need better picture quality. I want 4K/HDR 1000+ etc. at 32" already. For 38" I mean, even the LG 38GL950G is pretty poor - no real HDR and poor contrast. With size increases I want even more graphical fidelity.

Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fred87nc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This

Wil soon be Super ultra wide master race with the odyssey g9 once those fukers are avaliable to order.
    Yo yo yo I beez keepin it real since 02 fo real nowuimsayin

*ballin crew*

Quest to reach 8k before DartBoard.
    **Beat Dartboard on quest to 8k on 05/21/2012 as the underdog.**

The 38" ones are 3840 x 1600

The 49" ones are only 5120 x 1440p. I think the 49" is too wide... but those 38" with the increased vertical space is where it's at

Originally Posted by KathleenRyan View Post

They're 60hz too lmfao.
    oof.jpg.

I've been running 1440p / 4K for years now on cards that couldn't really handle it lol. wouldn't have it any other way. 1080p makes me physically recoil when I look at it

Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
    And I need better picture quality. I want 4K/HDR 1000+ etc. at 32" already. For 38" I mean, even the LG 38GL950G is pretty poor - no real HDR and poor contrast. With size increases I want even more graphical fidelity.
    fair point. I pretty much only look at the aspect ratio, resolution, and frame rate. dunno jack about HDR or any of the other stuff

38GL950G is my top choice currently
    +++ Positive Crew +++
    ♬♫♪ Music crew ♪♫♬

Lmao damn brah. Quality 1080 monitors are so damn cheap compared to 1440 and 4k. What you waiting for to upgrade?
    I have a desktop hooked up to my 4K TV that I intend to use for 1440p/4K emulation, maybe some games like I said above.

The poverty 1080p monitors are for my laptop that I use for work/web browsing, just hooked up to a docking station.

If I had oodles of cash I'd go full tilt on a $2K+ PC gaming setup including monitors and new keyboard/mouse, but at the moment this is the best combination for me.
    irl_vegeta

BrownLuther007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Doesn't these gives you a light orgasm just looking at them, the power they hold? Simple beauty

So much fking want.
    - 49" 5120X1440
    - Peak Brightness (Typical) 1000cd/m2
    - HDR
    - 1MS response
    - 240 hz refresh

But on one note - what in the fuk is even the reason for 240hz on this monitor? Just because it looks good on paper? I guarantee you not even a 3080Ti will run this thing even close to 240hz on AAA games.

Also, the 32:9 aspect ratio kinda worries me. Lots of games STILL don't even have that good of support for my 34" 21:9 aspect ratio.
    Last edited by R3L3NTL3SS; 07-10-2020 at 07:24 AM.