OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation My Squat Form is Horrible - Need Advice & How Do I Make a Form Video?

I've been doing AllPro basically for a couple years on a loooong cut (but with a couple 1-2 month breaks when I fell off the wagon), and I feel like my squat should be better. I started at 55lb squat, now my working squat weight for AllPro is 187 pounds. So this is good compared to my start, but my bench is also 187 pounds, and I've tested my 1RM in deadlift at 350lbs.

I think my form is just horrible in squat and that's my biggest problem. My knees tend to cave in. I tend to feel a lot more comfortable on a pretty narrow stance. When its heavy I tend to move the weight onto my toes and it turns into a squat/good morning where I finish with my back. I don't think I'm staying very tight on the descent or at the bottom. At the bottom, I think I have some rounding of lower back and my butt tucks in.

I've read the good guides and cues. Try to push from the outside of your feet or your heels. Spread the floor. Breath deep into your stomach. Upper body tight. Speed out of the hole. Push shoulders back on ascent. But my form just continues to suck.

Should I like just reset to just the bar, adding weight each time just until I get to a point where form degrades and make that my new working weight?

Any other advise on how to remake my squat?

And how do I post a form video? Should it be on a heavy set? Front view? Side view? Back view? All three?

Thanks! I'd pony up for a few coaching sessions on the squat but I live far, far, FAR away from anyone who could coach me.

Registered User LlamaWithARifle's Avatar
    LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000) LlamaWithARifle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definitely just squat with the bar, once you can squat the bar with good form, add weight and repeat. A little bit of form breakdown at heavy weights is typically expected though.

Definitely post a form video, a working weight is best, preferably with a couple different angles, side and front would be ideal. Maybe post a video of a lighter weight as well, this way we can see what is breaking down due to the heavier load and what you can/can't do with lighter weights.
    Squat: 202.5kg | 446lbs
    Bench: 125kg | 275lbs
    Deadlift: 235kg | 518lbs

10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100) 10incher is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by OryxOryx View Post
    And how do I post a form video? Should it be on a heavy set? Front view? Side view? Back view? All three?

Thanks! I'd pony up for a few coaching sessions on the squat but I live far, far, FAR away from anyone who could coach me.
    Do light weight so around 50% of your max for some reps with back view + side view + and view which is between back and side view.

Then you do medium weight so around 70%-75% of your max for some reps with back view + side view + and view which is between back and side view.

Then you do heavy set weight so around 90% of your max for some few reps with back view + side view + and view which is between back and side view.

Shalom. <3 <3 <3