jesse2021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle Memory While Cutting

For this ill be talking about Muscle Memory in terms of gaining muscle back easier the second time than the first time.

So, I separated my shoulder and haven't been able to really workout for 2 months, so I did lose some muscle, and with that gained a bit of fat. Obviously I want to gain that muscle back and lose the fat as quick as possible. I know for the most part, you can't do both at the same time, but I was wondering if muscle memory would contribute to gaining back the muscle mass even if I was in a caloric deficit. There are studies that have been preformed that show people can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but that is usually done by people who are just starting to workout. If I eat a high protein diet while in a caloric deficit do you guys think I will gain the muscle back while losing fat?

If anyone has any knowledge on this please reply!

Thanks a lot

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why can't you do both at the same time?

Your primary goal at this point should be to heal up your shoulder. Do not push your training before you are completely healed and ready. At 18 you got plenty of time so be patient.

You will get strong and gain mass when you follow a consistent program over time with good consistent nutrition.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lsiberian View Post
    Why can't you do both at the same time?

because you cant....(dont ask for studies)
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You won't put the muscle back on in a deficit first of all. With shoulder issues you need to break back into training slowly and wisely. If you don't you'll end up back where you started. And it doesn't mean just going easy just on shoulder exercises. Any exercise where there's shoulder discomfort needs to be eliminated until things have a chance to heal.

When your body gives you a green light to resume reasonable training you'll need to be in a proper cal surplus. The longer you had muscle the quicker it goes back on. It can go back on extremely fast in some cases but DON'T RUSH IT.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    I've done this a bunch of times and until recently hadn't done it on a deficit. Granted my deficit was really small, my layoff was very long and my previous lifts were very high. These are all MAJOR factors, but see the below copy/pasta. The below quote is in a programming thread so you'll see a few things out of context.

Spoiler!

I'd suggest taking Tommy's advice about taking things slowly when unsure. Trying to go too fast and getting hurt again is going to cost you more gains brother.

jesse2021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You won't put the muscle back on in a deficit first of all. With shoulder issues you need to break back into training slowly and wisely. If you don't you'll end up back where you started. And it doesn't mean just going easy just on shoulder exercises. Any exercise where there's shoulder discomfort needs to be eliminated until things have a chance to heal.

When your body gives you a green light to resume reasonable training you'll need to be in a proper cal surplus. The longer you had muscle the quicker it goes back on. It can go back on extremely fast in some cases but DON'T RUSH IT.
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I've done this a bunch of times and until recently hadn't done it on a deficit. Granted my deficit was really small, my layoff was very long and my previous lifts were very high. These are all MAJOR factors, but see the below copy/pasta. The below quote is in a programming thread so you'll see a few things out of context.

I'd suggest taking Tommy's advice about taking things slowly when unsure. Trying to go too fast and getting hurt again is going to cost you more gains brother.
    Thanks a lot for the information you two. I'm still injured and out from working out right now, but I was just planning ahead for when I make my comeback. I'll take it slow like you two said and focus on healing before anything else.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jesse2021 View Post
    Thanks a lot for the information you two. I'm still injured and out from working out right now, but I was just planning ahead for when I make my comeback. I'll take it slow like you two said and focus on healing before anything else.
    The good thing is you have youth on your side. Take the time to work on lower body and core just be careful on squats with your wide hand placement on the bar as that can really be tough on healing shoulders.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB