Fatboi10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I lose weight before I bodybuild?

I'm 6ft 178 pounds and while I don't look fat I do feel fat. I figure I should lose 26 pounds and get down to 150 and then work my way to muscle mass. I don't know how to do so though. I already tried calorie deficit but I ended up slipping back to this weight, do I need to do cardio or something?

haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just head straight to bodybuilding if you're just starting out. As you go along, you will notice a decrease in your body fat and definitely look firmer. Alternate your weight training days and cardio days. Just do this and 6 months from now you will notice a great improvement in the way you look and feel
    I won't use the forum to promote my channel

TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fatboi10 View Post
    I'm 6ft 178 pounds and while I don't look fat I do feel fat. I figure I should lose 26 pounds and get down to 150 and then work my way to muscle mass. I don't know how to do so though. I already tried calorie deficit but I ended up slipping back to this weight, do I need to do cardio or something?

1. Get on a proven strength program (Starting Strength, Stronglifts, Fierce 5, Etc)

2. You do not need cardio, you can do it if you want.

3. Find your maintenance calories through experimentation of 3-4 week periods of calorie tracking, and weight averages.

4. Since you want to tone up some I would target your calories at maintenance, or a slight deficit (Aim to lose 1-2 lbs a month).
    This will help you make progress in your Strength Program vs trying to lose a lot of weight rapidly.