isaacgus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift form check pls!

Hello fellow liftnerds!

I jumped on 5/3/1 last week hoping that switching things up will grant me the sweet gains of strength and mass.

I have been really excited for this imagining myself doing skquats and deads (and so on..) with perfect form breaking all kinds of PR's but of course reality is not as sweet.

So today was my deadlift day and before the gym i was looking at Aron Thralls, Omar Isufs and Rippetoes instructional videos on how to perform the lift.

I tried to set up exactly according to what they were saying in the videos - Bar over midfoot, break at the hip and keep hips high when grabbing the bar. sink shins towards the bar and pull yourself into a neutral position etc.. etc..

But it seems like i just can't get my lumbar spine into neutral alignment..! I can tighten my upper back just fine but my lower back stays slightly rounded no matter what i try.

I recorded myself doing the lift so that i could show this to anyone who might know what my problem is. So... if there is anyone out there in the swolesphere who could help me out with this i would be eternally grateful!

edit: Embedded clip is posted below. Thanks alot wowter for posting it for me.

Ps. Sorry for the super long set up, i'm slightly paranoid.
    Last edited by isaacgus; 03-20-2017 at 10:55 PM.

wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Post the link with one or more spaces. like www . youtube . com/l8u98ufa
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172508601
    PR’s per January 2018
    Hibar squat: 160kg
    Paused bench: 115kg
    Deadlift: 185kg
    OHP: 77,5kg

FMH Crew, Euro Degenerate in SEA

isaacgus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Done, thank you in advance .

wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000) wowter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    PR’s per January 2018

For the love of god when you have a minute long video and a 2 second lift, just edit the video please.

Kind of hard to see what your back is doing, but it looks like it may be slightly rounded/soft.
    I think you should lock out your knees earlier in the lift. It kind of seems to me the bar has to travel forward around your knees because you lock them out so late. Watch this vid by Bromar Isuf, it should clarify that more clearly.
    Maybe slightly too much extension at the top.

Also don't look sideways to check your form with weight in your hands. Just video yourself and check it later.
    PR’s per January 2018