Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Reply
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Registered User LuthorLex's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Age: 22
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    LuthorLex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LuthorLex is offline

    Just now getting serious about fitness, I have so many questions!

    Hi everyone, I've been working out 5-6 days a week (strength training mainly) since last October. I have seen a lot of muscle gain and I've definitely become stronger. My problem is, i'm gaining so much muscle, but I've been gaining fat along with it. I know you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but with my extremely active lifestyle I figured my fat percentage would remain about the same.

    A little background: I'm a 22 year old female, around 130 lbs. My typical strength day meals consist of whole wheat oatmeal and maybe an egg for breakfast, chicken rice and veggies for lunch, a bandanna or nuts before my workout, preworkout 30 mins before, protein less than 30 mins after, and dinner is usually fish or a salad. I noticed the fat gain once I started adding more carbs, but before I added the carbs I would get dizzy and nearly faint during my workouts.

    Should I be taking other supplements? Am I supposed to be taking in so many carbs? I love healthy food and have come to enjoy working out a lot, I would say my only weakness is that I usually have a drink or two (beer or whiskey) a night with dinner but I know that can't be the main cause of it all, although I'm sure it isn't helping.

    I also know that adding cardio or HIIT into my workouts would help with the fat, but I have worked so hard for the muscle I don't want to lose it. I typically have 1 day per week where I do full body workouts such as dead lifts, squats, power cleans, etc. Is this enough cardio?

    I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and what you did to solve it, thanks!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Spicy Big Dad AfroPope's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2013
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
    Posts: 4,977
    Rep Power: 20809
    AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AfroPope is offline
    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been working out 5-6 days a week (strength training mainly) since last October. I have seen a lot of muscle gain and I've definitely become stronger. My problem is, i'm gaining so much muscle, but I've been gaining fat along with it. I know you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but with my extremely active lifestyle I figured my fat percentage would remain about the same.
    If you've only recently started it isn't uncommon to gain muscle and lose fat.

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    A little background: I'm a 22 year old female, around 130 lbs. My typical strength day meals consist of whole wheat oatmeal and maybe an egg for breakfast, chicken rice and veggies for lunch, a bandanna or nuts before my workout, preworkout 30 mins before, protein less than 30 mins after, and dinner is usually fish or a salad. I noticed the fat gain once I started adding more carbs, but before I added the carbs I would get dizzy and nearly faint during my workouts.

    Should I be taking other supplements? Am I supposed to be taking in so many carbs?
    You should not be eating a piece of fabric before your workout.

    We have no idea how many carbs you are taking in as you have not calculated this information nor provided it to us.

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    Should I be taking other supplements? Am I supposed to be taking in so many carbs? I love healthy food and have come to enjoy working out a lot, I would say my only weakness is that I usually have a drink or two (beer or whiskey) a night with dinner but I know that can't be the main cause of it all, although I'm sure it isn't helping.
    Two beers per night is abso-****ing-LUTELY contributing to your fat gain.

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    I also know that adding cardio or HIIT into my workouts would help with the fat, but I have worked so hard for the muscle I don't want to lose it.
    Cardio does not kill gains.

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    typically have 1 day per week where I do full body workouts such as dead lifts, squats, power cleans, etc.
    Your routine sounds like a disaster.

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    Is this enough cardio?
    Is what enough cardio?

    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and what you did to solve it, thanks!
    I logged out of the Supplements subforum, calculated my macronutrient needs, tracked them, had the discipline to stick to them, and ate in such a fashion while working a proven strength training program. I strongly advise you do the same.
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***

    Listen to my band: facebook.com/divitius
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Jziggy44's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
    Age: 30
    Posts: 252
    Rep Power: 140
    Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jziggy44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jziggy44 is offline
    Originally Posted by LuthorLex View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been working out 5-6 days a week (strength training mainly) since last October. I have seen a lot of muscle gain and I've definitely become stronger. My problem is, i'm gaining so much muscle, but I've been gaining fat along with it. I know you can't build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but with my extremely active lifestyle I figured my fat percentage would remain about the same.

    A little background: I'm a 22 year old female, around 130 lbs. My typical strength day meals consist of whole wheat oatmeal and maybe an egg for breakfast, chicken rice and veggies for lunch, a bandanna or nuts before my workout, preworkout 30 mins before, protein less than 30 mins after, and dinner is usually fish or a salad. I noticed the fat gain once I started adding more carbs, but before I added the carbs I would get dizzy and nearly faint during my workouts.

    Should I be taking other supplements? Am I supposed to be taking in so many carbs? I love healthy food and have come to enjoy working out a lot, I would say my only weakness is that I usually have a drink or two (beer or whiskey) a night with dinner but I know that can't be the main cause of it all, although I'm sure it isn't helping.

    I also know that adding cardio or HIIT into my workouts would help with the fat, but I have worked so hard for the muscle I don't want to lose it. I typically have 1 day per week where I do full body workouts such as dead lifts, squats, power cleans, etc. Is this enough cardio?

    I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and what you did to solve it, thanks!
    you can build muscle and lose fat at the same time
    Lets Go Pens!
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts