Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    TooTallAgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny fat, should I cut or bulk?

I'm 22, 6'4, and fluctuate between 195 and 205 pounds. I'm not the most athletic person in the world, but I need to look like one in order to advance in my job (I officiate college basketball). I have bulked before and got pretty decent gains from it... but when I wasn't able to go to the gym or eat like I should, I lost some muscle mass and retained the fat around my midsection. I've even got a few stretch marks around my love handles now. Should I try to cut the fat first then bulk cleanly? Or just go on another bulk and worry about cutting later

amartin315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much time do you have. I am 6'3" and was 210 skinny fat. I went down to 190 first and have bounced back to 195. Your face will look better as you cut, but you won't look better shirtless, but meh at least you'll feel better if you use cardio to get there. If you're at 195, adding the muscle will make you look beefier and if you don't care about your face that much and what you say is you have to look sporty, I might bulk first. Either way, I wouldn't do anything at maintenance. That's the only time I haven't felt I made progress.

Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Impossible for someone to say without pictures however..

Do what is most comfortable for you. Some people cannot stand gaining fat ( for example people who are ex-obese). Do what makes you motivated. Feel like adding muscle at all costs ? bulk, can't stand gaining fat while not lean? cut.

BTW it is possible to do a recomp when starting, but I don't have enough knowledge to advise you on how.
    Any post I make should not be taken seriously.

JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50) JJsevens will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    +1 on the pics, can't really offer an opinion without seeing what you actually look like. What do you think your BF% is at? Most will recommend that you cut if you're upwards of 20% BF or higher, your gains on a bulk won't be visible anyway until you cut the fat, if anything you'll just be adding to it. In my opinion I would cut down to around 12% then bulk from there, and only allowing your BF to get up to 15% on a bulk. That's the mistake i made, allowed myself to put on too much fat too soon and now I have to diet down big time to get back to 10-12%.

vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vanzekin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would you say I'm skinny fat ?

6'1 , 202 lbs atm , been on a 3000 calories diet , 170g of prot for the last 4 weeks.

I'm thinking about going a little bit higher. My maintenance calories intake is around 2750 ( average of many calculators )
    Attached Images