Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What is a good way to learn the clean and integrate it into the workout plan?

I do bodybuilding style upper/lower body split, but I want to learn the clean. The the clean from clean & jerk.
    The real clean, not the power clean.

How should I start learning it and where would it fit best into the workout plan?
    How much volume should I be doing? And what %1REPMAX?
    Last edited by Qwertji; 03-20-2017 at 04:06 AM.

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ideally? find a coach
    what's probably easiest? YouTube

frequency & volume

-cleans, jumps, sprints (for speed work, not conditioning) always done first in a workout, prior to strength training
    -most athletes clean 2-3 days per week
    -I never have athletes do sets over 5 reps unless it's their first warmup
    -stick to 1-3 reps
    -if you want to increase volume then increase the number of sets, not reps per set
    -20 reps or less per workout is normally my limit, 25 at the absolute most
    -lots of work in the 60-80% range
    -reps at 85% or higher fairly infrequently, normally once every couple of weeks
    -bar speed > intensity

coached over 30 guys with 300+ cleans, a few 400+, and one guy at 470
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post
    ideally? find a coach

frequency & volume

-cleans, jumps, sprints (for speed work, not conditioning) always done first in a workout, prior to strength training
    -stick to 1-3 reps
    -if you want to increase volume then increase the number of sets, not reps per set
    -bar speed > intensity

what this guy said; you're also most likely going to really have to attack your lat and wrist mobility

and ditch the low bar back squat you probably used for PL and focus on front squats

Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Qwertji has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by RVAPump View Post
    ideally? find a coach

frequency & volume

-stick to 1-3 reps
    -bar speed > intensity

Thank you sir. A lot of people are like "Well bro it depends, everyone is different bla bla bla...", but you actually gave me a good guideline, so I"m giving you a well deserved +rep for that.

I"ve been doing front squats for a while, not crossed arms variation for stiff guys, but the weightlifters front squat. My wrist mobility is alright, but using hook grip when pulling is uncomfortable for my thumb. I guess that will get better over time.
    The way I see it, when performing the clean you should squat all the way down when receiving the bar. Even if you could catch it higher, you don't drop to a half squat and stand back up, you catch it and do the entire squat. Is this correct?

RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RVAPump has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Qwertji View Post
    Thank you sir. A lot of people are like "Well bro it depends, everyone is different bla bla bla...", but you actually gave me a good guideline, so I"m giving you a well deserved +rep for that.

I"ve been doing front squats for a while, not crossed arms variation for stiff guys, but the weightlifters front squat. My wrist mobility is alright, but using hook grip when pulling is uncomfortable for my thumb. I guess that will get better over time.
    The way I see it, when performing the clean you should squat all the way down when receiving the bar. Even if you could catch it higher, you don't drop to a half squat and stand back up, you catch it and do the entire squat. Is this correct?
    ehhhhh...personal preference on that in my opinion
    NSCA CSCS
    ACSM EP-C

Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Airror has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check out Catalyst Athletics website and Juggernaut Training Systems website/youtube. Lots of good material.
    ***** R.I.P Timothy J. Mckenny or Frvrmuscle as you know him *****

Workout log: herp derp