Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    CCole95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 5am Workout / Nutrition Plan?

I'm 22, 125 lbs and have only forcibly stepped into a gym. I'm in the Marines so I'm quite fit, but lack real strength and muscle really. I'm about to begin a 5am workout routine (work best for my schedule and any other time the gym is packed) and can't find any consistent nutrition plan for an early morning workout. I need to know what to eat and when to eat it. I'm brand new to this game so I truly need specifics. Also, if you have any recommendations for supplements and what not to take, that would be greatly appreciated as well.
    **I'm (obviously) looking to gain muscle and put some damn meat on these bones. I don't want to necessarily gain a lot of mass, rather muscle and yes I understand mass comes with muscle no matter what. I would just like to limit the non-lean muscle gain.

Thanks to anyone and everyone in advance, I greatly appreciate the help!

Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000) Garage Rat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep your protein grams at least one gram per pound of body weight.
    Take in a protein drink before you train,Bcaa's during your session and protein and creatine after your session(real food)eggs,oatmeal.
    I would recommend you concentrate on compound movements bench press,squats,deadlifts or power cleans,curls,disport skull crushers,overhead presses and get strong on those.Of course you can add in other smaller movements but concentrate on those.
    Keep a training log on what you do and a diet log would be helpful.
    Eat consistently if you can through out the day 5-6 times,protein emphasis every meal and get plenty of rest so you can grow.
    Search some basic strength protocols,the 5/3/1 program is one that is really simple with many variations.
    Good luck.

BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I train at 5am a couple of days a week while the other 2 days I train after work. On the days I train at 5am, half an hour beforehand I'll eat 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter, slice up half a banana and sprinkle cinnamon on top. I wash this down with a black coffee. Before leaving home I'll mix some BCAA's and creatine into a water bottle and start sipping that on the way to the gym and during my session.
    Straight after my session I'll have a post workout shake consisting of both carbohydrates and protein, then about an hour an a half after that I'll eat either 4 eggs or a bowl of oats with Greek Yoghurt and strawberries.
    As usual some great advise from Garage Rat above in regards to recommending compound lifts, keeping a log and being consistent. Search this site for programs such as Fierce 5 or Stronglifts 5x5.
    Cheers,
    Bill K

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I work out at 5 every morning. I workout fasted, and I lift heavy.

I do take a pre workout and 5 grams of creatine before heading to the gym. If you go the pre workout route, it is more cost effective to get one without creating (buy creatine separate). Try to get a pre workout with citrulline, beta alanine, and betaine.

During my workout, I generally drink a scoop of BCAAs, but not always.

After workout, I eat a breakfast of half a cup of oatmeal, a scoop of protein in water, a teaspoon of raw honey (find a local beekeeper), and a plain Greek yogurt. I go to work and about two hours later, I eat a banana, an orange, and a couple hard boiled eggs.

The rest of the day I eat normally.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EjnarKolinkar has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Varies, some people can't eat much before an early AM workout, others like a light or even a decent meal. Test this out for yourself, see what you prefer. Growth is driven by training, and supported by nutrition.

Get your overall nutrition goals straight first before you worry about anything else. Can have a look at this info: Calories and Macros
    The best training method is an uncomplicated training program that taxes the muscles occasionally and gives ample time for recovery - Tommy Kono

❚█══█❚cuttingtilJunecrew❚█══█❚
    ++ Positive Crew ++

TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) TnTNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Early trainer here (5am), I lift heavy relative to my current strength level.

I hit a protein shake as soon as I get up, then a pre workout, then hit the session.

Get home and eat about ~800 calorie breakfast, protein is my main concern, so long as I get 25gms of protein in that meal, I'm happy.

Rest of the day, just make sure I hit my macros.
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    Training Log : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172516591

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lucia316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nutrient timing isn't wholly relevant to the vast majority of people. Meet macros and caloric goals before bed each day and you'll be fine, regardless of when you workout.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary