eldudderino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can anyone Identify this barbell??

I bought this barbell today with a bunch of CAP plates was just wondering if anyone can identify it? It has absolutely no markings. The knurling is really good and aggressive it has no center knurling
    Attached Images

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eldudderino View Post
    I bought this barbell today with a bunch of CAP plates was just wondering if anyone can identify it? It has absolutely no markings. The knurling is really good and aggressive it has no center knurling
    Pretty had to tell from those pics.

DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10) DaddyBEASTMODE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is all I noticed from your pictures:
    Giant End Cap
    Knurling stops a few inches from collar - stops similar to the Cap OB-86B
    Doesn't look like your normal bushing bar
    No center Knurl - Cap OB-86B
    Screws holes/pins on sleeves

My 3 Guesses
    Older TPB? Older Ob-86b? Older York?

Heresy2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eldudderino View Post
    Looks very similar to one that I picked up years ago. I saw the same one as mine on Craiglist saying it was a vintage Troy barbell, but otherwise have had no luck finding anything similar.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's really hard to tell from those pictures, but it doesn't look like anything special to me. I'd be willing to bet that the shaft is 30-32 mm diameter. The set screw in the shoulder of the sleeve makes me think that if you would loosen it, you would find that the sleeve itself is threaded and screws into the shoulder.

The set screw on the sleeve itself looks like it sits in a groove in the shaft. Is there a second set screw in the same place on the opposite side of the sleeve?
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AndroMuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It looks like an old Olympic bar, not stainless steel, but i am sure it is steel.

eldudderino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The set screws are roll pins but what should I take a piccture of that would be better?? better lighting or a better angle??

ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can anyone identify this barbell?

Only one picture of it this minute but it's got pretty distinctive hexagon shaped barbell sleeves at the inside position.

Anyone?
    Attached Images

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty sure Iron Grip sold a bar with the hex shape.

Originally Posted by ZBEHEMOTH View Post

Only one picture of it this minute but it's got pretty distinctive hexagon shaped barbell sleeves at the inside position.

Anyone?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    Agreed. Looks like this one:

https://www.ironcompany.com/iron-gri...ghtlifting-bar

Supposed to be a good bar!

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ZBEHEMOTH View Post

Anyone?
    It's more than likely an Iron Grip Power Bar which is one of my favorite best value bars you can find on the used market.

ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZBEHEMOTH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oldred View Post
    That's what I'd found with a more thorough search online! Pretty good deal for $50 I guess then! Thanks all!