Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Creatine: (Everything You Need To Know)

Well almost everything. These are the most common Qs I get, and I have done an extensive FAQ on creatine for BB.com readers to cut through the often confusing BS on this supplement. Would me a good stickie if mods so inclined:

What does creatine do?

In a nutshell, creatine works to help generate cellular energy. When ATP loses a phosphate molecule and becomes adenosine diphosphate (ADP), it must be converted back to ATP to produce energy. Creatine is stored in the human body as creatine phosphate (CP) also called phosphocreatine.

When ATP is depleted, it can be recharged by CP. That is, CP donates a phosphate molecule to the ADP, making it ATP again. An increased pool of CP means faster and greater recharging of ATP, which means more work can be performed. This is why creatine has been so successful for athletes. For short-duration explosive sports, such as sprinting, weight lifting and other anaerobic endeavors, ATP is the energy system used.

To date, research has shown that ingesting creatine can increase the total body pool of CP which leads to greater generation of energy for anaerobic forms of exercise, such as weight training and sprinting. Other effects of creatine may be increases in protein synthesis and increased cell hydration.

Creatine has had spotty results in affecting performance in endurance sports such as swimming, rowing and long distance running, with some studies showing no positive effects on performance in endurance athletes. Whether or not the failure of creatine to improve performance in endurance athletes was due to the nature of the sport or the design of the studies is still being debated.

Is creatine bad for me?

Creatine the most studied nutritional supplement that exists. Hundreds of studies to date have shown that creatine monohydrate is an amazingly non-toxic and safe supplement with numerous benefits. Further studies directly examining possible side effects, both prospective and long-term retrospective (up to five years), have failed to find any serious side effects of creatine supplementation (1-5) on various markers studied, such as renal function, hepatic function, and others.

Contraindications of creatine monohydrate:

Although creatine monohydrate is clearly safe for healthy people with a very low side-effects profile using up to 10 grams per day, are there specific groups who should not use it?

Again, the data suggest very few actual contraindications. The population who should avoid creatine supplements are those with a history of renal disease and/or those taking nephrotoxic (poisonous to the kidneys) medications. There’s been a handful of case reports that show very high doses of creatine (and the reports were not always clear as to what form of creatine was used) were associated with kidney dysfunction.(70) Typical for such a simple case report, it’s unclear what other medications were involved or pre-existing medical condition existed.

However tenuous the connection between high-dose creatine monohydrate and pre-existing kidney dysfunction, it’s prudent to advise people with a history of renal disease and/or those taking nephrotoxic medications to avoid creatine supplementation until more data exists examining that connection. As creatine monohydrate supplementation may cause a transient increase in creatinine levels in some individuals, it may act as a false indicator of renal dysfunction.

How should I take creatine, capsule/powder/with food/morning/afternoon/night?

Most cost effective way to take creatine is as a powder mixed into a warm liquid. Mixing in a warm liquid may not impact absorption and utilization, pre solubilizing creatine generally eliminates any gastrointestinal some may experience. Early studies mixed creatine hot tea and coffee. Timing does not appear to matter, although one small study suggested post workout was superior. Most take creatine post workout, but as creatine is a chronic effect (due to increased tissue levels of PC) vs. an acute effect such a caffeine does.

Should I/How should I take creatine if I only lift weights occasionally?

Because creatine works by elevating tissue levels of CP, vs an acute effect on any one workout (like taking a stimulant before a workout) creatine should be taken daily to maintain elevated tissue levels. Once higher tissue levels are reached, via a simple intake of 3-5g per day for at least 30 days, or a loading phase done, followed by maintenance dose, it’s possible creatine does not need to be taken daily. However, what dose at what schedule to maintain tissue levels is unclear at this time. I recommend simply taking 3-5 daily. For an extensive discussion on dosing schedule, see article by Monica Mollica HERE.

Does creatine help with muscle mass or overall health?

Yes and yes. Creatine does both assist in building muscle and or preserving muscle, as well as other tissues. Most know creatine as a “muscle building supplement” but are unaware of it’s potential health benefits and medical uses. If I didn’t exercise at all, I’d still use creatine personally. From my report on creatine, which is a free down load, or via my BB.com page listed below in my sig which although in need of updating, was written for both clinicians and non looking for objective science based info:

This report will cover much of what creatine has to offer as a safe and inexpensive supplement with an exceptionally wide range of potential uses. Though I will go into depth about each, creatine may positively effect:

Sarcopenia (a loss of muscle mass due to aging)
    Improve in brain function of healthy and damaged brains
    Modulate inflammation.
    Diseases effecting the neuro muscular system, such as muscular dystrophy (MD)
    Wasting syndromes/muscle atrophy
    Fatigue
    Gyrate atrophy
    Parkinson's disease
    Huntington's disease and other mitochondrial cytopathies
    Neuropathic disorders
    Various dystrophies
    Myopathies
    Various brain pathologies.
    May increasing growth hormone (GH) levels, to those seen with exercise
    Reduce homocysteine levels
    Possibly improving the symptoms of Chronic fatigue Syndrome
    Improve cardiac function in those with congestive heart failure

Creatine is proving to be one of the most promising, well researched, and safe supplements ever discovered for an exceptionally wide range of uses.

A an updated article on the many potential benefits of creatine can be found HERE

What are the downsides to creatine?

There’s a risk/benefit to anything and everything we do, but I’m aware of no serious downsides that would outwigh the benefits in the vast majority of users at this time. Most reported downsides, such a dehydration or cramping and such, are mythology that has been studied and debunked in the studies, which actually found a slightly reduced rate of cramping and improved thermoregulation with creatine as an example.

What’s the best form of creatine?

Creatine monohydrate (CM) form is far and away the most extensively researched. To date, every “alternative” to CM claiming to be superior, once actually tested in a research setting has failed miseralbly to show any superiority to CM. Two, I recommend using Creapure, which testing continuous to show as the most consistently high quality and purity. Additional info on that can be found HERE.

Additional info From report of possible:

Section One

Creatine is formed in the human body from the amino acids methionine, glycine and arginine. The average person's body contains approximately 120 grams of creatine stored as creatine phosphate.
    Certain foods such as beef, herring and salmon, are fairly high in creatine. However, a person would have to eat pounds of these foods daily to equal what can be obtained in one teaspoon of powdered creatine.
    Creatine is directly related to adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is formed in the powerhouses of the cell, the mitochondria. ATP is often referred to as the "universal energy molecule" used by every cell in our bodies.
    An increase in oxidative stress coupled with a cell's inability to produce essential energy molecules such as ATP, is a hallmark of the aging cell and is found in many disease states.

Key factors in maintaining health are the ability to:

Prevent mitochondrial damage to DNA caused by reactive oxygen species (ROS)
    Prevent the decline in ATP synthesis, which reduces whole body ATP levels.

It would appear that maintaining antioxidant status (in particular intra-cellular glutathione) and ATP levels are essential in fighting the aging process.

It is interesting to note that many of the most promising anti-aging nutrients such as CoQ10, NAD, acetyl-l-carnitine and lipoic acid are all taken to maintain the ability of the mitochondria to produce high energy compounds such as ATP and reduce oxidative stress.

The ability of a cell to do work is directly related to its ATP status and the health of the mitochondria. Heart tissue, neurons in the brain and other highly active tissues are very sensitive to this system.

Even small changes in ATP can have profound effects on the tissues' ability to function properly. Of all the nutritional supplements available to us currently, creatine appears to be the most

1: Kreider RB, et al. Long-term creatine supplementation does not significantly affect clinical markers of health in athletes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003 Feb;244(1-2):95-104.

2: Poortmans JR, Francaux M. Adverse effects of creatine supplementation: fact or fiction? Sports Med. 2000 Sep;30(3):155-70.

3: Robinson TM, et al. Dietary creatine supplementation does not affect some haematological indices, or indices of muscle damage and hepatic and renal function. Br J Sports Med. 2000 Aug;34(4):284-8.

4: Terjung RL, et al. American College of Sports Medicine roundtable. The physiological and health effects of oral creatine supplementation. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Mar;32(3):706-17.

5: Groeneveld GJ1, et al. Few adverse effects of long-term creatine supplementation in a placebo-controlled trial. Int J Sports Med. 2005 May;26(4):307-13.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AfroPope has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    frankly if this leads to even one fewer "BEGINNER CREATINE QUESTION!?!?!??!?!?" thread it'll be worth it. Nice work as always.
    ***THE AFRO POPE: "The Man Who Never Gets Mad Online"***

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by AfroPope View Post
    frankly if this leads to even one fewer "BEGINNER CREATINE QUESTION!?!?!??!?!?" thread it'll be worth it. Nice work as always.
    One less "Is creatine right for me?" thread would be nice, agreed.

www.BrinkZone.com

YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) YeahImMad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How much does it help 1RM, or does it only help to provide more energy for the later reps in a set.

Also, if you take it and then don't work out for a few days, does that mean the creatine in your body already doesn't get used up as quick, so you don't have to take as more?

Originally Posted by YeahImMad View Post
    How much does it help 1RM, or does it only help to provide more energy for the later reps in a set.
    Should help wit 1RM. By how much I can't say.

Originally Posted by YeahImMad View Post
    Also, if you take it and then don't work out for a few days, does that mean the creatine in your body already doesn't get used up as quick, so you don't have to take as more?
    You want to take enough to keep tissue levels topped off. FAQ above covers that one I think.

www.BrinkZone.com

RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One thing I've been wondering, not sure if it qualifies as an FAQ: I think one "side effect" of creatine is that you carry more water weight. It doesn't really bother me, but is there any data on how much water weight you add by taking creatine in the typical dosage?

Originally Posted by RK42 View Post
    One thing I've been wondering, not sure if it qualifies as an FAQ: I think one "side effect" of creatine is that you carry more water weight. It doesn't really bother me, but is there any data on how much water weight you add by taking creatine in the typical dosage?
    It's covered in the FAQ above if you read carefully. The intra cellular (inside the muscle cell) water is what you want and means it's doing what it's supposed to. The hydration state of the cell is part of the anabolic/catabolic signaling. Some companies have attempted to make chit up with stuff like "no bloat formula" to sell alternative forms to CM. It's nonsense.

www.BrinkZone.com

RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RK42 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's covered in the FAQ above if you read carefully.
    I did a text search on the page, and the first appearance of the word "water" is in my question. Can you point me at the specific part where you talk about the amount of water weight?

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Didn't you post this last month?
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Hard to believe 2005 was only a month ago http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...06#post5764406
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by RK42 View Post
    I did a text search on the page, and the first appearance of the word "water" is in my question. Can you point me at the specific part where you talk about the amount of water weight?
    It ranges depending dose, and other factors, from nothing to a few kgs. A few lbs being common

Hope not, but I'm getting old and forget chit.

www.BrinkZone.com

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ironic, you're the one poster with the most redundant and retarded threads on here. You had like 4-5 threads on caffeine intake within a few months span just to meet your post quota. Leave the forum and don't return plz.

At least this thread is helpful and scientifically backed, Will's got my approval.

Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Axon916 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For short-duration explosive sports, such as sprinting, weight lifting and other anaerobic endeavors, ATP is the energy system used.
    Amazing detailed and well articulated write up OP! Lots of great info on creatine! I just have one small critique for clarity purposes. In the sentence I quoted above you reference that for short explosive sports and exercises that "ATP" is the energy system used. ATP on it's own is not an energy system. It is the energy compound used throughout ALL 3 energy systems (ATP-PCR, Glycolytic, and Oxidative). It is used in the ATP-PCR system just like you explained by recreating ATP from ADP by taking a phospate molecule from creatine phosphate, also is manufactured in the glycolytic system by converting glycogen and glucose to ATP, and also in the oxidative system by combined oxygen with either glycogen, glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids to form ATP.

I believe your statement would have been more accurate if instead of saying "ATP" you had substituted it with "ATP-PCR system" or Creatine Phospate or Phos****en system as it is also known as.

Anyways this small thing does not take away from the amazing job you did writing all this up. Just wanted to clarify since the first time I read that part it confused me a little bit.

Cheers!

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It ranges depending dose, and other factors, from nothing to a few kgs. A few lbs being common

Hope not, but I'm getting old and forget chit.
    Not a shot brother, I thought I read something you posted recently on creatine

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Originally Posted by ISurfNudeBrah View Post
    Ironic, you're the one poster with the most redundant and retarded threads on here. You had like 4-5 threads on caffeine intake within a few months span just to meet your post quota. Leave the forum and don't return plz.

At least this thread is helpful and scientifically backed, Will's got my approval.
    Me and Will go way back surf boy

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Originally Posted by Axon916 View Post
    Amazing detailed and well articulated write up OP! Lots of great info on creatine! I just have one small critique for clarity purposes. In the sentence I quoted above you reference that for short explosive sports and exercises that "ATP" is the energy system used. ATP on it's own is not an energy system. It is the energy compound used throughout ALL 3 energy systems (ATP-PCR, Glycolytic, and Oxidative). It is used in the ATP-PCR system just like you explained by recreating ATP from ADP by taking a phospate molecule from creatine phosphate, also is manufactured in the glycolytic system by converting glycogen and glucose to ATP, and also in the oxidative system by combined oxygen with either glycogen, glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids to form ATP.

I believe your statement would have been more accurate if instead of saying "ATP" you had substituted it with "ATP-PCR system" or Creatine Phospate or Phos****en system as it is also known as.

Anyways this small thing does not take away from the amazing job you did writing all this up. Just wanted to clarify since the first time I read that part it confused me a little bit.

Cheers!
    Glad you found (most) it helpful. There's also links in the text for those who want more details on some it.

Not a shot brother, I thought I read something you posted recently on creatine
    I post chit on creatine all the bro sef

www.BrinkZone.com

Not to change the subject, but I couldn't resist

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Needs an "I'M A GIRL SHOULD I USE CREATINE??!?!1!!?1?!" section.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Needs an "I'M A GIRL SHOULD I USE CREATINE??!?!1!!?1?!" section.
    Since the forum is largely populated by young to middle aged men a section on hair loss would get a lot more attention.

JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Since the forum is largely populated by young to middle aged men a section on hair loss would get a lot more attention.
    Hey ! I have all my hair it's just going gray.
    Chicken fcker
    I've been wronged by that super dirty son of a bitch dazed" crew.

7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Creatine can have a negative impact on your prostate since it raises DHT levels.

Here's a couple sources.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...rged-prostate/

http://www.exercisebiology.com/index...r_your_health/

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Creatine_Dangers.aspx

Just food for thought. I've noticed in the past if I do a load phase after a couple weeks my prostate starts acting up, causing lower back pain. Might not happen to everyone, but worth noting.
    *NY Yankees Baseball*
    *Carolina Tar Heels Basketball*
    *SC Gamecocks Football*
    *Carolina Panthers Football*

Originally Posted by JayLS1-327 View Post
    Hey ! I have all my hair it's just going gray.
    Chicken fcker
    You probably used that creatine plasma from VPX.

JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JayLS1-327 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    You probably used that creatine plasma from VPX.
    AST creatine. Mixed it with grape juice. I'm not kidding either.
    Last edited by JayLS1-327; 03-21-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    I've been wronged by that super dirty son of a bitch dazed" crew.

Originally Posted by 7Friday7 View Post
    Creatine can have a negative impact on your prostate since it raises DHT levels.

Here's a couple sources.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...rged-prostate/

http://www.exercisebiology.com/index...r_your_health/

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Creatine_Dangers.aspx

Just food for thought. I've noticed in the past if I do a load phase after a couple weeks my prostate starts acting up, causing lower back pain. Might not happen to everyone, but worth noting.
    Those are not sci/med journals but web pages. One single study found an increase in DHT and it had major flaws. No studies before nor after found that effect. Why that creatine increases DHT BS will not die I don't know, but it has no impact on your prostate.

www.BrinkZone.com

7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 7Friday7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those are not sci/med journals but web pages. One single study found an increase in DHT and it had major flaws. No studies before nor after found that effect. Why that creatine increases DHT BS will not die I don't know, but it has no impact on your prostate.
    Link to that study? Kind of curious what the flaws were.

Thanks.
    *NY Yankees Baseball*
    *Carolina Tar Heels Basketball*
    *SC Gamecocks Football*
    *Carolina Panthers Football*

Yunanimuss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Still don't know what brand to get. I'm standing here and all I see is Cell tech, MP, Universal nutrition and BPI Sports

SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoDamnH1gh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My first time on here (I was suggested this sure by a person so I can shed some light on bodybuilding supplements and the actual effects it has on human health). (6 years holistic naturopath and going strong). I am not a bodybuilder anymore by any means. My exercise routine only includes body weight training, and cardiovascular exercise and on the ketogenic whole food organic lifestyle for over 3 years. That being said, I do cheat on my "diet" only on thanksgiving and religious celebrations.

Now, you have made many valid points about creatine, but the studies you have listed are mostly not studies done on humans. Moreso in animals and theory. Theoretically, creatine can do ALL of those things. Theoretically, creatine IS harmless.

Let's examine however, the effects creatine monohydrate actually worked on me and my clients.

Myself: during my sophomore year of high school, I used ON's creatine powder which is supposedly the highest quality. I took creatine with and without food. I made sure it was completely dissolved, and I started off with a low dose at first to see how it would affect me. I built up to the medium-high recommended doses for bodybuilding. What I noticed in benefits? Definitely an increase in the amount of weights I could lift, definitely more size. This was due to water retention. Soon as you stop creatine, the excess water in your muscle cells will be gone. So you'll "look smaller" but you definitely have gained strength and muscle mass(of course if you truly did exercise as hard as you think you did, and ate enough protein)
    Downsides? Horrible, horrible cystic acne, digestive cramping, nausea, diarrhea, water retention in the facial fact cells(I ended up with a fat face for 1 year after stopping creatine), took lots of natural diuretics and heavy cardio to get rid of the after effects of creatine. It caused me an imbalance in my hormones leaving me with acne for quite a while.

My clients experiences: positives? Muscle gain, strength increase.
    Negatives? Same as me...acne, digestive issues, fat face which takes forever to normalize itself.

I've looked through forums here and other sites, and I'd estimate that 35-45% of creatine users experience the EXACT same side effects even at recommended use and dosage.

Conclusion: creatine should not be taken as a supplement. Beef/chicken/lamb/organ meats provide you with adequate amounts of creatine and amino acids for naturally balanced health. Taking isolated amino acids is extremely harmful for health down the road. AGAIN, not everyone will suffer from creatine use as everybody's body is different. Some of us are great detoxifies for example. Others can't detox for the life of them.

Use at your own risk. If you experience no side effects, and you don't really think what I'm saying is true, then by all means go ahead. If you are experiencing any side effects, take the wise decision and cut it out. To be completely honest, there is only ONE isolated amino acid that I do reccomend for everyone(bodybuilder or not). And that is L-Glutamine. L-glutamine directly feeds your intestinal lining cells with the fuel needed to repair the gut from damage from Candida, Leaky Gut, antibiotics, fungal overgrowth, parasites, pills/tablets, etc. it is directly converted into high amounts of GLUTATHIONE(the master antioxidant). It first turns into a form of glutamate of course. Anyways it should be taken on an empty stomach as it is more effective on an empty stomach. Glutamine is also a potent immune booster. 90% of your immunity is correlated with your gut health. Creatine macro-dosing will mess your gut up. Glutamine will repair it. However long term use of glutamine(more than 6-12 months) should be substituted for grass fed gelatin/collagen hydrolysage which contains 12 of the amino acids. All of which are necessary building blocks for glutamine itself and glutathione. This should be consumed WITH meat to deter the inflammatory effects of lean protein. Bone broth is a natural gelatin/collagen source but I understand how annoying it can be to prepare bone broth everyday of the week.

Creatine does NOT get converted into glutathione, that is a complete myth. This is coming from someone who has spent the last year figuring out ways to increase glutathione levels in the body.

Originally Posted by Yunanimuss View Post
    Still don't know what brand to get. I'm standing here and all I see is Cell tech, MP, Universal nutrition and BPI Sports
    "What’s the best form of creatine?" section in OP covers that with link in that section to far more info. Don't over think it.

Originally Posted by SoDamnH1gh View Post
    My first time on here (I was suggested this sure by a person so I can shed some light on bodybuilding supplements and the actual effects it has on human health). (6 years holistic naturopath and going strong). .
    You didn't shed any light on anything and apparently have not read the stacks of studies showing a wide range of potential health benefits in both healthy people and those with various diseases for creatine use. You offered some anecdotal nonsense that should be ignored by readers here. I would have hoped a holistic naturopath medical doctor would be better informed and rely on the science.

www.BrinkZone.com

1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1911Alaska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will taking creatine help lower BMI?

Rossifer94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently doing reasearch on the use of creatine supplements for fitness and health benefits @ surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VRCYSZ9
    please take time to take the survey, Thank you.