Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    alberta82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    very good post!

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by 1911Alaska View Post
    Will taking creatine help lower BMI?
    It's not a weight loss supplement and other than population studies, BMI is of no value.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

timbau has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Amazing Post thank you now i know everything about creatine

Felonies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I run a PPL routine and by the time I get to my shoulder, tri, and bicep workouts I am absolutely exhausted. Would taking creatine help me in being able to pump out weight / reps I would be able to do if I wan't pre exhausted? Also, a couple questions. Since water goes into your muscles, does that make the muscle appearance better or worse? I know people say the size increases since they are filled with water, but I've also read that water retention can be bad and makes the muscle appear smooth and flat instead. Can anyone clear which one is correct?

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Felonies View Post
    I run a PPL routine and by the time I get to my shoulder, tri, and bicep workouts I am absolutely exhausted.
    Would taking creatine help me in being able to pump out weight / reps I would be able to do if I wan't pre exhausted?
    Sounds like you need to re assess your program.

Also, a couple questions. Since water goes into your muscles, does that make the muscle appearance better or worse? I know people say the size increases since they are filled with water, but I've also read that water retention can be bad and makes the muscle appear smooth and flat instead. Can anyone clear which one is correct?
    As a rule, bigger muscles look better. Forget bro discussions on creatine.

www.BrinkZone.com

tanusharma is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pharmascience Health Gainer best product in market with weight gain guarantee.

This is the best weight gainer in the market with the weight gain guarantee. Health Gainer Powder gives you the guaranteed of weight gain up to 5 kg in just a one month. But you have to consume at least one bottle in a month which is of 200gm.This is the best weight gainer and mass gainer product which contains lots of calories and bountiful of proteins and very delicious in taste.

For more visit
    …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..

Pharmascience – The Indian Ayurveda

Originally Posted by tanusharma View Post
    This is the best weight gainer in the market with the weight gain guarantee. Health Gainer Powder gives you the guaranteed of weight gain up to 5 kg in just a one month. But you have to consume at least one bottle in a month which is of 200gm.This is the best weight gainer and mass gainer product which contains lots of calories and bountiful of proteins and very delicious in taste.

For more visit
    …………………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..

Pharmascience – The Indian Ayurveda
    I'm Indian and let me tell you.

www.BrinkZone.com

OldmanTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome thread answered alot of questions i was thinking lol

Lifter315 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink Creatine Monohydrate

I run a PPL routine and by the time I get to my shoulder, tri, and bicep workouts I am absolutely exhausted. Would taking creatine help me in being able to pump out weight / reps I would be able to do if I wan't pre exhausted? Also, a couple questions. Since water goes into your muscles, does that make the muscle appearance better or worse? I know people say the size increases since they are filled with water, but I've also read that water retention can be bad and makes the muscle appear smooth and flat instead. Can anyone clear which one is correct?
    To answer your question...creatine monohydrate helps to pump more weight in my opinion and makes your muscles appear bigger as well. The water retention is good to me because it keeps your muscles hydrated. I went from benchin 225pds to 315pds in less then 2 weeks. I feel like Superman on it. I keep hydrated as much as I can as well. Your probably reading reviews that creatine makes your muscle appear smooth and flat too unfortunately because these other fitness enthusiasts,athletes, weightlifters and bodybuilders may be skeptical...either because of there diet, misuse of creatine without proper dosages and timing and not working out as hard or long while on it while drinking enough water. I think the chewable creatine tablets work alot better then the powder but that's just me. Good luck mate!
    Last edited by Lifter315; 05-08-2017 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Misspell

Pugmaul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I take Phosphator and Augment could I take creatine also?

motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100) motivateed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very nice info! Thank you!

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pugmaul View Post
    I take Phosphator and Augment could I take creatine also?
    at 15 you need zero supps, get a diet and training plan in place.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    at 15 you need zero supps, get a diet and training plan in place.
    Agreed. Didn't see the age on dat one. My nephew wanted to use creatine and I told him when his diet didn't suck and his training consistent and well designed (and I supplied access to both) we would re visit the creatine idea.

www.BrinkZone.com

valeXoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    true

paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100)
    i was using creatine mono as it is suggested for the older guy: i am 59. i had no issues with it whatsoever, however, i kept reading that it increases uric acid levels. As i suffer form high uric acid and have had uric acid kidney stones i am avoiding it for now. kidney stones are terrible so gout or stones = avoid creatine until you get a doctors ok
    etc etc .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1004629/

Originally Posted by paulbax View Post
    i was using creatine mono as it is suggested for the older guy: i am 59. i had no issues with it whatsoever, however, i kept reading that it increases uric acid levels.
    From where and who? The net is full of "I hear" minus any support.

As i suffer form high uric acid and have had uric acid kidney stones i am avoiding it for now. kidney stones are terrible so gout or stones = avoid creatine until you get a doctors ok
    etc etc .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1004629/
    Creatine vs creatinine... and docs don't know squat about creatine nor the stacks of data on the supplement and will be of minimal to zero help there.

Hypothetically, one could see an increase in uric acid levels via creatine -> creatinine conversion*, yet studies don't find an increase in uric acid and some actually find a decrease in those given CM.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18780799

Having said that, I'm not aware of any data that looked specifically at people with elevated uric acid levels prone to gout given CM supplements, and it may in fact be the opposite, which is CM may be help by lowering uric acid levels.

What effect did it have on your uric acid levels?

* = And most studies do not find increases in creatinine, is a small % of people, it does happen.

www.BrinkZone.com

paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100) paulbax is not very well liked. (-100)
    There is much evidence that creatine increases uric acid, however, for the vast majority of people it is not and unlikely ever to be an issue!
    For me it is. Gout is caused by high uric acid in your system which crystallizes in joints causing pain. i have also had uric acid kidney stones
    so forgive me if i err on the side of caution,
    There is also plenty of anecdotal evidence that some lifters had joint pains when using creatine and that these pains disappeared when
    creatine was discontinued.
    Nothing is ever right for 100% of people and you will notice that all i ask anyone to do is to discuss it with their health care professional if you fall into the same group as i do
    i do not have enough posts to use links so you can exchange the etc etc in my other post for the h t t p : / / w w w minus the spaces.

There is much evidence that creatine increases uric acid,
    No, there is not, and what you supplied to begin with did not show that. I posted a study that found a reduction in uric acid in fact.

however, for the vast majority of people it is not and unlikely ever to be an issue!
    For me it is. Gout is caused by high uric acid in your system which crystallizes in joints causing pain. i have also had uric acid kidney stones
    so forgive me if i err on the side of caution,
    This coming from a person who didn't know the difference between creatine and creatinine....You can side where ever you wish, but when you spread bro science BS, you'll get slapped down.

There is also plenty of anecdotal evidence that some lifters had joint pains when using creatine and that these pains disappeared when
    creatine was discontinued.
    Interesting. I have been researching creatine for decades, and talked to more users in a week than you have in your entire life, and that's the first I heard that one.

Nothing is ever right for 100% of people and you will notice that all i ask anyone to do is to discuss it with their health care professional if you fall into the same group as i do do not have enough posts to use links so you can exchange the etc etc in my other post for the h t t p : / / w w w minus the spaces.
    When you have enough posts to post links, feel free to post the studies showing elevated uric acid levels in healthy active people given CM supplements. Per above, I'm not aware of any data that looked specifically at people with elevated uric acid levels prone to gout given CM supplements, and that may be a worthy area of research to persue.

www.BrinkZone.com

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I heard from my neighbors best friends cousin, who lifted weights on a trip to band camp last year, that creatine can give you the Ebola.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3439332/
    Conclusions

Our data suggest that acute creatine supplementation improved the anaerobic performance of athletes and limited short-term oxidative insults, since creatine-induced iron overload was efficiently circumvented by acquired FRAP capacity attributed to: overproduction of uric acid in energy-depleted muscles (as an end-product of purine metabolism and a powerful iron chelating agent) and inherent antioxidant activity of creatine.

note: Creatine conversion to phosphocreatine is catalyzed by creatine kinase; spontaneous formation of creatinine occurs during the reaction. ... Therefore, creatinine levels in blood and urine may be used to calculate the creatinine clearance (CrCl), which correlates approximately with the glomerular filtration rate (GFR).

anyway as an industrial chemist i don't feel the need to justify myself to an apologist. over and out!

.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3439332/
    Conclusions

Our data suggest that acute creatine supplementation improved the anaerobic performance of athletes and limited short-term oxidative insults, since creatine-induced iron overload was efficiently circumvented by acquired FRAP capacity attributed to: overproduction of uric acid in energy-depleted muscles (as an end-product of purine metabolism and a powerful iron chelating agent) and inherent antioxidant activity of creatine.

note: Creatine conversion to phosphocreatine is catalyzed by creatine kinase; spontaneous formation of creatinine occurs during the reaction. ... Therefore, creatinine levels in blood and urine may be used to calculate the creatinine clearance (CrCl), which correlates approximately with the glomerular filtration rate (GFR).

anyway as an industrial chemist i don't feel the need to justify myself to an apologist. over and out!
    And I rest my case. What you posted does not support what you think it does. Please post the college you received said industrial chemist degree so I can make sure to warn others they produce poor scientists. Please post any papers you have published in involving nutritional supplements, creatine, or related.

Give you credit for one thing, creatine "apologist" was a new one and LOL worthy.

Here's another showing a decrease in uric acid. Bone head...

CrS did not alter plasma levels of homocysteine, although CrS increased creatinine (p = 0.0001) and decreased uric acid (p = 0.0004) plasma levels. Significant changes in total cholesterol (p = 0.0486) and LDL-cholesterol (p = 0.0027) were also observed along with a reduction in plasma levels of T3 (p = 0.0074) and an increase in T4 levels (p = 0.0003). Skin functional capillary density (p = 0.0496) and capillary recruitment during post-occlusive reactive hyperemia (p = 0.0043) increased after CrS. Increases in cutaneous microvascular vasodilation induced by post-occlusive reactive hyperemia (p = 0.0078) were also observed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4277830/

www.BrinkZone.com

garrettshiner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice

jc73195 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is one of the best and most informative posts on creatine that I have ever read. This man knows his **** boys and girls.

Originally Posted by jc73195 View Post
    This is one of the best and most informative posts on creatine that I have ever read. This man knows his **** boys and girls.
    I think it should be a sticky, but I'm biased

www.BrinkZone.com

Hot off the presses, an excellent review on creatine from the ISSN, which supports/confirms what I have been writing about for well over a decade:

International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine

Richard B. KreiderEmail author, Douglas S. Kalman, Jose Antonio, Tim N. Ziegenfuss, Robert Wildman, Rick Collins, Darren G. Candow, Susan M. Kleiner, Anthony L. Almada and Hector L. Lopez

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition201714:18

Abstract

Creatine is one of the most popular nutritional ergogenic aids for athletes. Studies have consistently shown that creatine supplementation increases intramuscular creatine concentrations which may help explain the observed improvements in high intensity exercise performance leading to greater training adaptations. In addition to athletic and exercise improvement, research has shown that creatine supplementation may enhance post-exercise recovery, injury prevention, thermoregulation, rehabilitation, and concussion and/or spinal cord neuroprotection.

Additionally, a number of clinical applications of creatine supplementation have been studied involving neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s disease), diabetes, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, aging, brain and heart ischemia, adolescent depression, and pregnancy. These studies provide a large body of evidence that creatine can not only improve exercise performance, but can play a role in preventing and/or reducing the severity of injury, enhancing rehabilitation from injuries, and helping athletes tolerate heavy training loads.

Additionally, researchers have identified a number of potentially beneficial clinical uses of creatine supplementation. These studies show that short and long-term supplementation (up to 30 g/day for 5 years) is safe and well-tolerated in healthy individuals and in a number of patient populations ranging from infants to the elderly. Moreover, significant health benefits may be provided by ensuring habitual low dietary creatine ingestion (e.g., 3 g/day) throughout the lifespan.

The purpose of this review is to provide an update to the current literature regarding the role and safety of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine and to update the position stand of International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN).

Cont:

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/arti...970-017-0173-z

www.BrinkZone.com

rival11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Damn - 30 G a day? Who in the blue hell what ever need to take that much per day? lol

Originally Posted by rival11 View Post
    Damn - 30 G a day? Who in the blue hell what ever need to take that much per day? lol
    You don't need 30g, but the point being, even at 30g, appears quite safe. With various medical conditions, doses tend to be much higher, and I suspect the dose/duration related to a medical setting, but the full paper likely has that covered.

www.BrinkZone.com

I just wish there was more info on the link to prostate cancer - I see a ton of research (standard google searches with studies that have actual references - I stay away from ALL mainstream website articles) that shows good info but they usually always end with "But it's still unclear if creating causes prostate cancer".

I love the blend muscle pharm makes - absolutely love it...no side effects and I turn into a beast within 3 days of taking it. I am also a huge believer in that creatine helps with depression. Now, I'm not depressed at all but I'm in just a much better mood all the time when I'm on it.

Didn't mean to ramble but I hope maybe someone has more info on the prostate thing - I did see someone mentioned that it has been irrelevant news for years now.

Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You don't need 30g, but the point being, even at 30g, appears quite safe. With various medical conditions, doses tend to be much higher, and I suspect the dose/duration related to a medical setting, but the full paper likely has that covered.
    All good - I was just surprised at the amount is all...are there more test with the standard 5 g a day?

Originally Posted by rival11 View Post
    I just wish there was more info on the link to prostate cancer - I see a ton of research (standard google searches with studies that have actual references - I stay away from ALL mainstream website articles) that shows good info but they usually always end with "But it's still unclear if creating causes prostate cancer".
    Complete BS and I have yet to see an article on a main stream web page end with that statement. Two, you have not seen a single study, much less a "ton" make reference to CM and prostates cancer. Feel free to post one if you feel I'm incorrect, Again, review I just posted covers ALL known possible side effects. If you're gonna fall for every random claim about creatine you see on the 'net, along with "protons will kill your liver and kidneys" and "weight training stunts growth" debunked nonsense, you'll be chasing your tail forever.

www.BrinkZone.com