Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by user6123 View Post
    ok i looked into the links and i think i understand that it probably does not cause baldness.

but still ... it seems that there could be some more research done that would clear it up. there seem to be some unanswered questions as per the paper:

"...it is possible that creatine supplementation upregulated 5-alpha-reductase activity in these males (potentially leading to increased formation of DHT)..."
    https***//jissn.biomedcentral***com/articles/10.1186/s12970-021-00412-w

then, I was reading another article about DHT and creatine which says:

"A 6-month double-blind RCT was recently launched https***//clinicaltrials***gov/ct2/show/NCT04298840 to help provide better data to answer this question. We will update this page when the results are published."
    https***//examine***com/nutrition/does-creatine-cause-hairloss/

and the study page says:

"Estimated Study Completion Date : February 2022"
    https***//clinicaltrials***gov/ct2/show/NCT04298840

so thats a cool thing, no? seems to me there will be a better answer to this soon enough?

My whole issue is that, yes i wouldnt be afraid of creatine making me bald ... but i am already getting less hair, and i am putting minoxidil on it, trying to fight it... so i am not sure about doing something that might be counterproductive in this regard ...

my thinking is that even though the answer to the "does creatine cause baldness?" question might be "no", im not sure if it is also the answer is the to the question "can creatine make you go bald faster if you are already balding?".
    To me, seems like a waste of $ and energy, but, sure, will be interesting to see the results of that one.
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The result of this study are odd but interesting:

Creatine and Cognitive Functioning: What is the role of Exercise Frequency?
    Jonathan B. Banks, Jose Antonio, Amanda S. Holtzman, et al.

Abstract

Creatine consumption appears to have a positive impact on cognitive function in different populations but the effects of creatine in a young, healthy population are mixed. Additionally, exercise appears to benefit cognitive processes in young and older adults. The present study explored the ways in which exercise frequency may moderate the effect of creatine consumption on working memory, sustained attention, mind wandering, and speed of processing, in a young, healthy, adult population. Forty-two individuals were randomly assigned to a creatine condition (n = 20) or a control condition (n = 22). For each session, participants completed the Symmetry Span Task, Sustained Attention to Response Task with thought probes, the Pattern Comparison Task, Daily Inventory of Stressful Events, Perceived Stress Scale, State Trait Anxiety Inventory, and supplied a saliva sample. Participants in the creatine supplementation condition were instructed to consume 5g of creatine monohydrate per day for a 6-week period between sessions. Results suggested that exercise frequency was related to differences in working memory task performance. Exercise frequency moderated the effect of creatine consumption on sustained attention and mind wandering, such that beneficial effects were observed only among participants who consumed creatine and reported less frequent exercise. Results from this study suggest that creatine supplementation can serve as a possible aid to cognitive functioning in individuals who lead a sedentary lifestyle.

https://nsuworks.nova.edu/neurosports/vol1/iss1/9/

www.BrinkZone.com

Interesting study there:

Temporal trends in dietary creatine intake from 1999 to 2018: an ecological study with 89,161 participants

Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition volume 18, Article number: 53 (2021)

Abstract
    Introduction

We described here the annual variations in mean dietary creatine intake from 1999 to 2018 in U.S. children and adults using National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) database.

Methods

Dietary intake information from ten consecutive rounds of NHANES (from 1999 to 2000 to 2017–2018) was extracted for a total of 89,161 respondents aged 0–85 years. Individual values for total grams of creatine consumed per day were computed using the average amount of creatine (3.88 g/kg) across all creatine-containing food sources.

Results

The average daily intake of creatine across the entire sample was 0.70 ± 0.78 g (95% confidence interval [CI], from 0.69 to 0.71) and 13.1 ± 16.5 mg/kg body weight (95% CI, from 13.0 to 13.2). A significant negative trend for dietary creatine intake was found in infants (r = − 0.019; P = 0.042), and children and adolescents (r = − 0.024; P < 0.001).

Conclusions

Our findings suggest a variation in dietary creatine intake in the U.S. population during the past 20 years, with young persons tend to consume fewer grams of creatine per day from 1999 onwards. Long-running studies are highly warranted to assess possible health consequences of variable creatine intake in human nutrition.

Source:

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/arti...0-021-00453-1?

www.BrinkZone.com

One more time people, timing does not matter:

J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2021 Sep;61(9):1219-1225.

Timing of creatine supplementation does not influence gains in unilateral muscle hypertrophy or strength from resistance training in young adults: a within-subject design

Abstract

Background: Creatine supplementation, in close proximity to resistance training sessions, may be an important strategy to augment muscle accretion and strength. The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of creatine supplementation immediately before compared to immediately after unilateral resistance training on hypertrophy and strength.

Methods: Using a counter-balanced, double-blind, repeated measures within-subject design, ten recreationally active participants (7 males; 3 females; age: 23±5 years; height: 174±9 cm; body mass: 73.5±9.7 kg) were randomized to supplement with creatine monohydrate (0.1 g/kg of body mass) immediately before and placebo immediately after training one side of the body and placebo immediately before and creatine immediately after training the other side of the body on alternate days. Resistance training consisted of elbow flexion and knee extension (3-6 sets at 80% 1-repetition maximum [1-RM]) for 8 weeks. Prior to and following training, muscle thickness (elbow flexors and leg extensors; ultrasonography) and strength (1-RM for the elbow flexors and knee extensors) was assessed.

Results: There was a significant increase over time for muscle thickness, strength, and relative strength (P<0.01), with no differences between creatine ingestion strategies. Total training volume performed was similar between conditions (P=0.56).

Conclusions: Creatine supplementation, immediately before or immediately after unilateral resistance training, produces similar gains in muscle hypertrophy and strength in young adults.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34610729/

www.BrinkZone.com

😉 Creatine News 🤓

I have always considered creatine conditionally essential myself:

Perspective: Creatine, a Conditionally Essential Nutrient: Building the Case Advances in Nutrition 2021 October 18

Creatine is a major component of energy metabolism that is abundant in human skeletal muscle, brain, and heart. Either synthesized internally or provided via an omnivorous diet, creatine is required for normal growth, development, and health.

Recent advances in creatine nutrition and physiology suggest that the quantity of creatine the body naturally synthesizes is not sufficient to meet human needs. As a result, humans have to obtain enough creatine from the diet, which nominates creatine as an essential nutrient in certain circumstances.

In this article, we summarize arguments that creatine should be considered a conditionally essential nutrient for humans and propose several questions that should be addressed in future research.

https://read.qxmd.com/read/34662902/...lding-the-case

www.BrinkZone.com