Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Another great paper on the wide ranging potential benefits of creatine in various populations. Two, as supplemental creatine reduced demand for methyl groups by up to 40%, creatine should be viewed as essential to any programs focused on methylation

Beyond sports: Efficacy and safety of creatine supplementation in pathological or paraphysiological conditions of brain and muscle.

2019 Apr 23. doi: 10.1002/med.21590. Med Res Rev.

Abstract

Creatine is pivotal in energy metabolism of muscle and brain cells, both in physiological and in pathological conditions. Additionally, creatine facilitates the differentiation of muscle and neuronal cells. Evidence of effectiveness of creatine supplementation in improving several clinical conditions is now substantial, and we review it in this paper.

In hereditary diseases where its synthesis is impaired, creatine has a disease-modifying capacity, especially when started soon after birth. Strong evidence, including a Cochrane meta-analysis, shows that it improves muscular strength and general well-being in muscular dystrophies. Significant evidence exists also of its effectiveness in secondary prevention of statin myopathy and of treatment-resistant depression in women.

Vegetarians and vegans do not consume any dietary creatine and must synthesize all they need, spending most of their methylation capacity. Nevertheless, they have a lower muscular concentration of creatine. Creatine supplementation has proved effective in increasing muscular and neuropsychological performance in vegetarians or vegans and should, therefore, be recommended especially in those of them who are athletes, heavy-duty laborers or who undergo intense mental effort.

Convincing evidence also exists of creatine effectiveness in muscular atrophy and sarcopenia in the elderly, and in brain energy shortage (mental fatigue, sleep deprivation, environmental hypoxia as in mountain climbing, and advanced age).
    Furthermore, we review more randomized, placebo-controlled trials showing that creatine supplementation is safe up to 20 g/d, with a possible caveat only in people with kidney disease. We trust that the evidence we review will be translated into clinical practice and will spur more research on these subjects.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...wQPtxvBUIlFWFc
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

Registered User Gymtanlaundry94's Avatar
    Gymtanlaundry94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Can you stack atp with creatine?

Should I mix creatine supp. with atp supp. or does it sound redundant?

kevlevrone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the post. I would like to ask is it ok to mix powder CM with my protein for example or should I drink CM separate? And one more question. I have heard that there are two ways how to use CM, 1-take it the same portion regularly and 2-to take it with some progression increasing portion from day to day. So which one is correct? Thanks.

IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gymtanlaundry94 View Post
    Just stick with good old creatine dude
    Current stats:
    Height 5ft 8"
    Weight 234
    12% body fat
    Best Lifts:
    Bpress 475
    Squat 572
    Dlift 704

IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100) IronElder is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the post. I would like to ask is it ok to mix powder CM with my protein for example or should I drink CM separate? And one more question. I have heard that there are two ways how to use CM, 1-take it the same portion regularly and 2-to take it with some progression increasing portion from day to day. So which one is correct? Thanks.
    Creatine is naturally occourng in meat, so yeas you can definately mix it woth your proetin powder. Personally I treid this but didnt like it as I found it made my protein taste slightly bitter and was also gritty. CM is not that soulble in water, in protein powder you will notice this more, make sure you swill out your shaker.
    Current stats:
    Height 5ft 8"
    Weight 234
    12% body fat
    Best Lifts:
    Bpress 475
    Squat 572
    Dlift 704

Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    Sorry dude - I forgot to answer your question about dosing.

There is no set way to use creatine mono as such, studies show that you still get creatine muscle saturation using a lower dose, just it takes a few more weeks. If your stomach can handle a loading phase you reach saturation point quicker.

Heres a great guide to creatine loading that should help you if you have any more questions:

https://www.dna-lean.co.uk/blog/creatine-loading/
    Current stats:
    Height 5ft 8"
    Weight 234
    12% body fat
    Best Lifts:
    Bpress 475
    Squat 572
    Dlift 704

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gymtanlaundry94 View Post
    CM works just fine. Stick with that.

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally Posted by mak629 View Post
    I was one the first guys to try creatine monhydrate back in the day it was launched and was the new best supplement in the market. Gosh that was around 10 years back. Went through the whole loading phase and cycling etc. However, I didnt seem to get it right due to digestion issues. However , sometimes when it worked it was amazing. The pump , power and gains were on point. The strenght gains were huge and size volumization was on point.
    Age 34, you were not even close to one of the first.

www.BrinkZone.com

Safe and effective for Adolescents and Youth:? As expected, yes. Should they use it? Probably not as few if any have solid eating habits, training an sleep habits, etc and should focus on that.

Safety of Creatine Supplementation in Active Adolescents and Youth: A Brief Review

Front Nutr. 2018; 5: 115.

Abstract

Creatine has been extensively researched and is well-supported as one of the most effective dietary supplements available. There is overwhelming support within the literature regarding the ability of creatine to augment performance following short term (5–7 days) and long-duration supplementation periods.

There is also strong support for creatine regarding its safety profile and minimal risk for adverse events or any negative influence on markers of clinical health and safety. Recent research has also highlighted the ability of creatine to confer several health-related benefits in select clinical populations in addition to offering cognitive benefits. Creatine is also a popular supplement of choice for adolescent athletes; however, research in this area is extremely limited, particularly when examining the safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in this population.

Therefore, the purpose of this review was to highlight the limited number of studies available in adolescent populations and systematically discuss the topic of safety of creatine supplementation in a younger population.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...Vm61Lf7KsYmmS4

www.BrinkZone.com

thechamp1001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Going on vacation for a week, where workouts wont be happening, and bringing my CM isnt an option either. Will not taking CM for a week, throw off, or lose my gains?

L1veTh1sSh1t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your a goldmine of info bro. Thank you!
    Be Apart Of The Growth!
    https://healthiswealth.photo.blog

“Dead last finish is greater than did not finish, which trumps did not start.”

Want to be stronger. TallStrongNerdy's Avatar
    TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000) TallStrongNerdy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great info, currently using creatine to help maintain strength and muscle as well as keep performance up for lifts on a keto cut. Thanks!

Noblerunnerx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Generally, the effects of creatine should be evident in a week in most using the supplement— with your training volume and strength increasing. Studies in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise found that muscle fibres grow faster after creatine supplementation and resistance-based exercise.

drewmccormack0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YeahImMad View Post
    How much does it help 1RM, or does it only help to provide more energy for the later reps in a set.

Also, if you take it and then don't work out for a few days, does that mean the creatine in your body already doesn't get used up as quick, so you don't have to take as more?
    Big time!!! I was stuck at 270lb on bench for about 3 to 4 months. I started creatine, and shot up to 315 in a month and a half. I maintained my weight, and look 100% more fit!

MattOrton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just A Friendly Reminder You are all ***s

Registered User 4squarelogicseo's Avatar
    4squarelogicseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Guys can anyone tell me what are the side effects if we take creatine more than the cycle.
    http://bit.ly/2vains9

Originally Posted by Noblerunnerx View Post
    Generally, the effects of creatine should be evident in a week in most using the supplement— .
    If you load yes, if not, doing the 3-5g per day without loading, likely take longer and be tad more subtle.

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally Posted by 4squarelogicseo View Post
    Guys can anyone tell me what are the side effects if we take creatine more than the cycle.
    Did you read the OP? Read the OP...

www.BrinkZone.com

evamaaris is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Creatine is the number one supplement to improve the performance of the gym.
    am right

Can girls also used its ?

Originally Posted by evamaaris View Post
    Creatine is the number one supplement to improve the performance of the gym.
    am right

Can girls also used its ?
    Of course...

www.BrinkZone.com

jazz121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What’s the best creatine?

Originally Posted by jazz121 View Post
    What’s the best creatine?
    Read the OP?

Read the OP...

www.BrinkZone.com

seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000) seally4 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Interesting read for sure

Data continues to mount that creatine is as valuable, if not more so, to aging populations than youngins':

The Additive Effects of Creatine Supplementation and Exercise Training in an Aging Population: A Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials.
    Stares A, et al. J Geriatr Phys Ther. 2019.

Abstract

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

The role of creatine supplementation in young athletes and bodybuilders is well established including ergogenic properties of muscular hypertrophy, strength, power, and endurance. Whether the benefits of creatine supplementation translate to an aging population with moderate training stimulus remains unclear especially in regard to gender, creatine dose, and duration. This systematic review assessed whether creatine supplementation combined with exercise results in additive improvements in indices of skeletal muscle, bone, and mental health over exercise alone in healthy older adults.

METHODS:

PubMed, CINAHL, and Web of Science databases were utilized to identify randomized controlled trials of creatine supplementation combined with exercise in an aging population with additional predetermined inclusion and exclusion criteria. Two reviewers independently screened the titles and abstracts, reviewed full-text articles, and performed quality assessments using the Physiotherapy Evidence Database scale.

RESULTS AND DISCUSSION:

Seventeen studies were comprehensively reviewed according to categories of strength, endurance, functional capacity, body composition, cognition, and safety. These studies suggest that any additive ergogenic creatine effects on upper and/or lower body strength, functional capacity, and lean mass in an older population would require a continuous and daily low-dose creatine supplementation combined with at least 12 weeks of resistance training. Potential creatine specific increases in regional bone mineral density of the femur are possible but may require at least 1 year of creatine supplementation combined with moderate resistance training, and additional long-term clinical trials are warranted. The limited data suggested no additive effects of creatine over exercise alone on indices of mental health. The beneficial effects of creatine supplementation are more consistent in older women than in men.

CONCLUSIONS:

Creatine monohydrate is safe to use in older adults. While creatine in conjunction with moderate- to high-intensity exercise in an aging population may improve skeletal muscle health, additional studies are needed to determine the effective dosing and duration paradigm for potential combined creatine and exercise effects on bone and cognition in older adults.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30762623/?

www.BrinkZone.com

ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What happens if you stop taking creatine? Do you lose most of the gains you made whilst using it?

Originally Posted by ant75a View Post
    What happens if you stop taking creatine? Do you lose most of the gains you made whilst using it?
    No studies exist I'm aware of that specifically, but stands to reason benefit stop if/when you do. Actually keeping what was added due to creatine, is unclear, but I suspect over time you'd revert to pre creatine status all around. Good thing there's no reason to stop to ever find out

www.BrinkZone.com

ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50) ant75a will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just started taking optimum nutritrion Micronized Creatine Powder today. Trying to load but struggling. Took 2 doses only (10mg) whereas they say take 20mg. My issue is I cannot stop going to the bathroom to piss.. Ive been at least 10 times already which is unusual for me. Only creatine Ive tried years ago was MuscleTech Creactor which didnt cause this.. First time using ON creatine.. Drinking lots of water.. Concerned about taking any more per day as part of the loading phase.. Thoughts?
    Last edited by ant75a; 08-09-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Originally Posted by ant75a View Post
    I just started taking optimum nutritrion Micronized Creatine Powder today. Trying to load but struggling. Took 2 doses only (10mg) whereas they say take 20mg. My issue is I cannot stop going to the bathroom to piss.. Ive been at least 10 times already which is unusual for me. Only creatine Ive tried years ago was MuscleTech Creactor which didnt cause this.. First time using ON creatine.. Drinking lots of water.. Concerned about taking any more per day as part of the loading phase.. Thoughts?
    Read the OP?

Read the OP...

www.BrinkZone.com

TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Once higher tissue levels are reached, via a simple intake of 3-5g per day for at least 30 days
    So to clarify, if I am not doing a loading phase* and just taking 5g/per day, it will take around a month to get the full benefits of Creatine? How long will it take to start seeing any benefits?

*Not doing a loading phase since I have a pretty sensitive stomach, and 5g powder has been fine for me so far so I don't really want to risk it.

BayouBeast1337 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TheSandHusky View Post
    So to clarify, if I am not doing a loading phase* and just taking 5g/per day, it will take around a month to get the full benefits of Creatine? How long will it take to start seeing any benefits?

*Not doing a loading phase since I have a pretty sensitive stomach, and 5g powder has been fine for me so far so I don't really want to risk it.
    Ive been taking 5g of EVLnutrition creatine w/post shake w/no loading phase and I started seeing results after 1 week of use. Just don’t stress about the 1 month time frame and just keep taking it as Will has explained in the OP and you will be enduring the great benefits of taking creatine very soon. ☺️