idonzml is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift with kyphosis

Hello. I'm 36yrs old and I have Chronic thoracic kyphosis. I goes to gym threetimes at week around 2 years. I did hyperextension during 2 years. When my back became stronger I started deadlift. My problem is keep my back straight (kyphosis does it impossible). I warm up before exercise, hyperextension including. I work with small scales, the maximum I lift 80kg/5 times and I plan to increase further. I want to reach 150kg for example.I warm up before exercise, hyperextension including. During the exercise, I do not feel any discomfort in the back, the only thing is that after the exercise I feel dizzy but I relate this to the consequences of maximum efforts. youtu.be/99ALjbICQWk Here's the video, where I do it, this is my maximally straight back, then doesn`t give kyphosis. I'm worried that the spine like arc ... In order to strengthen the back, it is necessary to do deadlift, but with a weak back deadlift is prohibited ... Tell me pleas what to do.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by idonzml View Post
    Hello. I'm 36yrs old and I have Chronic thoracic kyphosis. I goes to gym threetimes at week around 2 years. I did hyperextension during 2 years. When my back became stronger I started deadlift. My problem is keep my back straight (kyphosis does it impossible). I warm up before exercise, hyperextension including. I work with small scales, the maximum I lift 80kg/5 times and I plan to increase further. I want to reach 150kg for example.I warm up before exercise, hyperextension including. During the exercise, I do not feel any discomfort in the back, the only thing is that after the exercise I feel dizzy but I relate this to the consequences of maximum efforts. youtu.be/99ALjbICQWk Here's the video, where I do it, this is my maximally straight back, then doesn`t give kyphosis. I'm worried that the spine like arc ... In order to strengthen the back, it is necessary to do deadlift, but with a weak back deadlift is prohibited ...

Tell me pleas what to do.
    Your best, first move will be to have this discussion with your Orthopedist. Taking advice concerning spinal problems from random internet posters could put you in a wheelchair---or worse.

Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

I visited orthopedist. He said when he doing deadlift his back looks like mine...

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Moderate kyphosis is fine. Many of the top deadlifters in the world exhibit some. It shortens the rom and makes it easier off the floor. It's the prime reason some deadlift far more than they squat.

The key is to make it doesn't lead to lumbar flexion. For some people the thoracic flexion in t3-4 destabilizes the whole chain and the t5-7 go from extension to flexion taking the lumbar into flexion with it. That's when discs can be at risk.

A way to help is to see if you're in excessive anterior pelvic tilt at set up. If you are, work on fixing that. Also, add heavy front squats to your training. It'll greatly help your posture as any kyphosis will dump the weight.

The nice benefit to fixing kyphosis is it'll massively help your squat.

Thanks drudixon. Good advices​.