Thread: Pec Tear Injury

mgreenl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pec Tear Injury

Hi all - I can't find an injury specific forum so this spot seemed as good as any to post my question. Back in November I partially tore my pec major muscle doing ring dips. I had surgery 10 weeks ago, which went very well. I'm just starting to do some strength work in PT (hand bike, banded rows, biceps, triceps, wall pushups) and I'm about 85% back to full range of motion. In the gym I've been doing a lot of leg work and single arm work with my good arm.

A few days ago I decided to test my arm a bit and try some kettlebell swings at 53lbs. Just going to eye level, not over head. I thought doing KB swings would be fine because I know a guy who had a full pec tear and was doing Mace swings at 12 weeks.
    The movement felt fine while I was doing it, but now a few days later I'm experiencing tightness around the injury site. No pain, just tightness. Does anyone on this board have any thoughts on this and do you think I may have re-injured it by doing KB swings?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ask your doctor or PT as to what you are cleared to do. As for an injury forum try here https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91