wilsoll09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto newbie...please help!! :)

I am new to the diet, have been doing the carb nite for almost 3 weeks. I have not lost any weight yet and am getting discouraged. My fiancé lost 30 lbs in a little over 2 months so I know it works! I don't eat any red meat so I'm eating a lot of chicken, fish, and cheese. I'm getting plenty of fat in and staying under 30 g of carbs, but eating almost 200 g of protein. I have read eating too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. How do you stay around 100g protein on this diet?? Here are my main questions:

1. What is a good breakfast to eat for someone who doesn't love eggs? (I have been drinking a protein shake in the AM but I'm way over my protein goal for the day)

2. Do I need to be counting calories? And if so, I am having a hard time staying under 2000/day with all this fat I'm eating! Any suggestions/advice?

3. Are you supposed to be exercising? I didn't feel like doing anything the first week but could probably start throwing in some weights or something.

Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! I just found this forum so I am pretty excited to read through the threads. Thanks for your help guys!

alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wilsoll09 View Post
    I am new to the diet, have been doing the carb nite for almost 3 weeks. I have not lost any weight yet and am getting discouraged. My fiancé lost 30 lbs in a little over 2 months so I know it works! I don't eat any red meat so I'm eating a lot of chicken, fish, and cheese. I'm getting plenty of fat in and staying under 30 g of carbs, but eating almost 200 g of protein. I have read eating too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. How do you stay around 100g protein on this diet?? Here are my main questions:

1. What is a good breakfast to eat for someone who doesn't love eggs? (I have been drinking a protein shake in the AM but I'm way over my protein goal for the day)

2. Do I need to be counting calories? And if so, I am having a hard time staying under 2000/day with all this fat I'm eating! Any suggestions/advice?

3. Are you supposed to be exercising? I didn't feel like doing anything the first week but could probably start throwing in some weights or something.

Any advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated! I just found this forum so I am pretty excited to read through the threads. Thanks for your help guys!
    I am also new being doing it for 3 weeks, so I am not sure if you should follow my advice about keto, but one thing I know for sure to loose wait you need to count calories and you need to have deffcit.
    I am vegetarian on keto so I can understand the struggle you have. I am currently on 1500 cal diet. For breakfast I eat eggs and cheese or protein shake with cream cheese for example or something. Another option is since you don't like eggs is to try cheese and avocado, chia seeds with almond milk or so (there is tons of recipes online, keto pancakes as well). For lunch and dinner i would eat salads with cheese, avocado, asparagus,broc****, salmon shrimp and so many. But you need to make sure you set you macros right and have deficit. Finding what to eat is easy if you look online, like I said i don't eat meet at all and still manage to do it with no problem. About the exercise you don't have to, but of course it will be quicker if you add some kind of activity.
    I found how to calculate macros here on this forum posted by someday else. Since I am not allowed to post links the Thread is CKD Calculator for Dummies, by Man2kx .At the end has attached excel file.
    Last edited by alegra85; 03-14-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: add

wilsoll09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much for your advice!!

walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000)
    1) - Bacon, tuna anything breakfast is just a word - eat anything you like that fits into Keto when you wake up

2) - Cut the fat intake down. Use it as a lever to eat at a deficit / maintenance / bulk adjust to your goals. Count calories yes!

3) Yes you should be exercising.

4 extra - get a food scale and weigh everything out and track macros in MFP

walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000) walton6beast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also cut the carb night out. There is no reason to yo-yo in and out. Its pointless if you doing a carb night every week.

alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alegra85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by walton6beast View Post
    Also cut the carb night out. There is no reason to yo-yo in and out. Its pointless if you doing a carb night every week.
    I agree I think it takes two to three weeks for your body to get used to and adapt to keto. So the first three weeks at least no carb up.

TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TK401 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Do you not like eggs at all? Or just not plain fried, boiled etc.

2. Yes you have to count calories. Fat loss happens by eating at a deficit. Increase your water intake, increase your fiber intake and that should fill you up with minimal calories.

3. Yes lift hard. If you do not workout you will just be a smaller version of your current body each month you lose weight. You will be skinnyfat eventually.