johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Any natural bodybuilders here? If so, questions

Hello,

First, what would a top pro make if they were successful in multiple local level, state level contests? Both in terms of purses for placing first and/or second, and are endorsements easy to secure based on your results (I now this would vary, but ballpark idea)?

Second, are over 40 contests profitable and/or is there alot of crossover? I'm 43, but I would be comfortable IF I tried to compete, in not limiting myself to 40+ etc.

I have looked online at a few sites, I see the results, but not the purses and such. Anyone who can provide any details, even if imperfect or incomplete, I would appreciate it.

Cheers.

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by johnnyfry View Post
    Hello,

First, what would a top pro make if they were successful in multiple local level, state level contests? Both in terms of purses for placing first and/or second, and are endorsements easy to secure based on your results (I now this would vary, but ballpark idea)?

Second, are over 40 contests profitable and/or is there alot of crossover? I'm 43, but I would be comfortable IF I tried to compete, in not limiting myself to 40+ etc.

I have looked online at a few sites, I see the results, but not the purses and such. Anyone who can provide any details, even if imperfect or incomplete, I would appreciate it.

Cheers.
    There's very little money in small contests, if any. If you are looking to compete, you'll likely end up spending more money than what you get back. The top pros are FEW and far between. For every guy that make's a living bodybuilding, there are probably 100 or that didn't.
    YOU > Bladen

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is a hobby for me and always will be, I'm happy with my finance career and would never want to kill my passion for BB'ing by having to live off of it
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You talking only IFBB? I'm making an assumption that since you mentioned natty, you also want to know about natty orgs?

The male BBs always pull the biggest prize money, of course, even in the natty orgs. Masters men don't make as much, but I think they still generally pull in more $$$ than the women - or at least on par with the higher payouts. I'd bet the general payout as a sweeping average is in the hood of about 5 grand? I mean, I've seen plenty of shows with less than than, but it still gets to about 3 or 4. And the bigger shows will go higher, 7, 10, maybe 15. So the numbers vary wildly depending on org and show prestige within the org. I can't speak to IFBB, until now I've only competed in natty orgs.

Sponsorships... the kind where you really make loot, are absolutely not common. I've had some of my own. I mean, I have a suit sponsor, that saves me thousands a year - not nearly as helpful for a dude ... I've had supplement sponsors, and for natty athletes in natty orgs, it seems more common to have supplement sponsors. Kind of a you promote us, we send you 'some' free supps thing. Some contribute amounts to travel, entry fees, etc. Some athletes do get the big time sponsors, but that is rare and it's huge news when something like that happens. Sponsorship is definitely not something to even try to plan on these days from my experience and knowledge.

This is all speaking in broad generalities based on my experience and knowledge, of course, Others may know different. There are many orgs
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnnyfry will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ProYeo View Post
    You talking only IFBB? I'm making an assumption that since you mentioned natty, you also want to know about natty orgs?

The male BBs always pull the biggest prize money, of course, even in the natty orgs. Masters men don't make as much, but I think they still generally pull in more $$$ than the women - or at least on par with the higher payouts. I'd bet the general payout as a sweeping average is in the hood of about 5 grand? I mean, I've seen plenty of shows with less than than, but it still gets to about 3 or 4. And the bigger shows will go higher, 7, 10, maybe 15. So the numbers vary wildly depending on org and show prestige within the org. I can't speak to IFBB, until now I've only competed in natty orgs.

Sponsorships... the kind where you really make loot, are absolutely not common. I've had some of my own. I mean, I have a suit sponsor, that saves me thousands a year - not nearly as helpful for a dude ... I've had supplement sponsors, and for natty athletes in natty orgs, it seems more common to have supplement sponsors. Kind of a you promote us, we send you 'some' free supps thing. Some contribute amounts to travel, entry fees, etc. Some athletes do get the big time sponsors, but that is rare and it's huge news when something like that happens. Sponsorship is definitely not something to even try to plan on these days from my experience and knowledge.

This is all speaking in broad generalities based on my experience and knowledge, of course, Others may know different. There are many orgs
    Thank you to everyones replies.

Yes Yeo, that's good information and what I was looking for. I've built a pretty strong base to work with over the years and I am curious about this as I like the challenge of trying to compete, if I could cover my costs it might be a fun pursuit worth shooting for.

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You will not cover your competition costs. Also please don't have delusions over how well you could do in natural bb competitions.
    "that guy is like a damn unicorn" -Evan Centopani on Mamdouh Elsbiay

Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
    You will not cover your competition costs. Also please don't have delusions over how well you could do in natural bb competitions.
    You judge my delusions based on what?

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you to everyones replies.

Yes Yeo, that's good information and what I was looking for. I've built a pretty strong base to work with over the years and I am curious about this as I like the challenge of trying to compete, if I could cover my costs it might be a fun pursuit worth shooting for.
    Ive competed more internationally than not, but I know many people that place and win both nationally and internationally. Husband/wife duo who has just an incredible physiques and are natural, actually they are a few years older than you, they compete because they love the sport, been in it since their teens. They had a couple of suit designers sponsor them and got a few paid modeling gigs, but that's it. I know some Italian BB'ers who have been on magazines and still didn't get sponsored well enough to have their costs covered. I have another friend who competes in the WBFF (female, and she is natural) she gets magazine covers and features, paid modeling gigs, but not enough to cover her competition costs either.

I would say your chances of getting sponsored and getting paid to do shows is extremely low, you might get a few gigs here and there, maybe some company will shoot you some supps, but overall, you wont cover all the costs to compete. At the end of the day, no one gives 2 craps if you win shows or not. Most people cant name more than 5 or 6 pros in any org. Its not mainstream enough and you're male. Its easier to market pretty girls, easier still if they are willing to wear little to nothing...

Most shows don't give prize money, and as ProYeo pointed out, even turning PRO doesn't guarantee getting mass sponsored.

Do the contest because you love the sport. If you are looking for a pay day or someone else to give you a reason to compete, then you are in the wrong sport.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You judge my delusions based on what?
    Your lack of competitive experience combined with how competitive the natural pro ranks are. I mean I could be wrong and you could have a dazzling physique but I have no reason to think so

edit: Since you asked for numbers and stuff

The WNBF Pro Mayhem had a $1250 first prize last year. this dude won

The best natural competitor in the world is quite clearly Doug Miller. I assume you already know this though if you have any familiarity with the scene at all

I think Brian Whitacre is the most $$$-winning competitor (with >$20k in total winnings over his carreer), in the middle in the below pic

Last edited by Loctus; 03-15-2017 at 11:24 AM.

deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000) deathmetal1992 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doug Miller is too big for classic physique yet he's natty. How does he do it? The other guys are also natty.

Originally Posted by deathmetal1992 View Post
    Doug Miller is too big for classic physique yet he's natty. How does he do it? The other guys are also natty.
    Miller would make weight in ifbb's classic physique, although barely.

Don't turn this thread into a natty bashing thread. Or at least I won't participate in it, do whatever you want I suppose

Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Meshuggah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deathmetal1992 View Post
    Doug Miller looks huge when shredded and from certain angles, but let's not get crazy. He competes around 192 pounds at 5 foot 9. He isn't standing next to a lot of guys on gear and outsizing them. As far as how he does it? I believe he is natty so maybe I'm biased. The dude has been doing it for a LONG time combined with training like an absolute animal. Combine those things with great genetics and it's possible.
    Last edited by Meshuggah; 03-17-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Warrior In Training