Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made some quick measurements. It's 6'10" to the bottom of the pull-up bar, so you shouldn't bump your head even in tall Oly shoes. Inside it's 41 1/2" side to side, so if that's wide enough for you to grab the bar for squats and bench presses, you should be good.

DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50) DucatiScotty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A little update. The bar catches started to get a little wear on them. My bar has a fairly aggressive knurl and it started to eat into the catches near the rack end, mostly from rolling/sliding it into position before squats.

I ended up buying a nice set of lined j-hooks from Amazon for $40 US. They're very nicely made and should last longer than I will.

TK22686 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just a quick question....it has been a number of months since you guys have been using this rack....what are your thoughts on it now?

At $240, would you still recommend it? I've been patiently waiting with Craigslist, and looking around hoping for the next quality, cheap rack or a sale, but nothing is giving. I see this on Amazon for $240 or $290 with the bench.

Would you recommend the rack, the rack and bench, or neither?

Yes, I’d still recommend it at $240. $290 is creeping into a price point where you have other options to consider.

Can’t say anything about the bench as I don’t have it and haven’t seen it.

The only negative that’s come up since I’ve owned it is that the knurl on my bar started to cut into the bar catches, so I replaced them with some beefy rubber lined j-cups off of Amazon, about $40.

So yes, I think even at $240 with an extra $40 for j-cups it’s a good buy. Or save the $40 and put some tape or something on the catches.

The only racks near the same price range are NY Barbell and from what I’ve read, quality and customer service can be spotty. The next step up would be Titan. Plenty to read here about them, they seen generally well received. It is a notch up in price though.

TK22686 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the update. I think this is the one I will probably go with. I've got 85" in my basement from ceiling to floor, so this would fit perfectly, even if I couldn't fully utilize the pull up bar for the space...there's plenty of other exercises to use with it.

$290 is the bench and rack. People have said it's great, but just a bit narrow. Others have said it could be better....doesn't fully lay flat...missing the optimal incline chest press setting. I've got nothing against picking up a set of lined 2"x2" j cups.

I've looked at Titan...and a T-2 looks comparable, but I don't think you're getting much more for the price than what the 810XLT provides. Have you looked at Rep Fitness. There stuff is comparable to Titan as well, but comes at around $350 shipped.

Thanks again for the update.

I looked at all those racks too. I got a screaming deal on the XLT ($200)at Walmart, but I also really liked the pull up bar. Nothing else in the lower price range had a multi position bar.

I built my own bench from 2x4’s, cost about $90 when done. For the convenience and price, may as well try theirs out.

These are the j-cups I got:
    https://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Steel.../dp/B0746YD5PW

FWIW, I just saw these on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-F.../dp/B071DV6LF8

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Streng.../dp/B077TS925G

You can get the first one in a 6’ height so you could use the pull-up bar. Both look decent.
    Last edited by DucatiScotty; 02-15-2018 at 04:31 AM.