KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Butter Coffee Rubbed Tri-Tip Steak {Keto & Low Carb}

Ingredients

2 Tri-tip steaks (other cuts of beef would work too, of course)
    1 tsp course ground black pepper
    1/2 tbsp sea salt
    1 package of Coffee Blocks
    1/2 tbsp garlic powder
    2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions

Let meat sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. You can also pound the meat with a mallet to tenderize, although not necessary.
    In a bowl, combine all ingredients except steaks.
    Rub mixture all over steaks including top, bottom, and sides.
    Heat a skillet with olive oil to medium-high heat.
    Add steaks to skillet and cook on one side for about 5 minutes. I know it's sacrilegious to move the steak, but in this case, I moved it around to sop up the juices and marinade that begins floating around the pan. It also keeps the coffee from burning.
    Flip and cook on the other side for another 5minutes or until it's at least 140 degrees for medium-rare (it will continue to cook after you remove it from the pan.)
    Remove from pan and let sit in its own juices for at least a minute (it will reabsorb them - yum!)
    Cut your steak into slices against the grain, and enjoy!

Notes

Note #1: "The grain" in a tri tip can vary from steak to steak, and in my experience is usually a diagonal cut, so it's best to make a cut first to figure it out, then continue against the grain.
    #Note #2: This would be perfectly delicious with a skirt steak too, just remember to cook on high because skirt steak needs to be cooked shorter and hotter.
    Attached Images